“Nice boutique hotel - suite room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Celeste

You added Hotel Celeste to your Saves list
Hotel Celeste
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   02 San Lorenzo Drive corner A. Arnaiz Avenue | San Lorenzo Village, Makati, Luzon 1223, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Makati
San Francisco, California
“Nice boutique hotel - suite room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Our stay was in June 2011 and booked through Asiatravels.com. The rate was excellent through them; booked a suite since my brother was also traveling with us. Location is fabulous. If you want to be close to shopping, then this is it. Just walking distance to Greenbelt and Glorietta. If you need a cab, the door person will get one for you immediately. It's a small hotel, 4 floors, but big at-heart. At one point, I lost my passport. The front desk was helpful in getting messages to me, and yes, my passport was found!

For our suite, it was located on the first floor. I thought...oh oh, it'll be noisy. It didn't have a window view, but the painted decoration on the wall in the living room didn't make us miss having a window view. The place was decorated so over-the-top. Nice modern furnishings, well-appointed kitchenette (full refrig, stove top, oven, microwave). We didn't need it, but it was nice to know they stocked it pretty well. The bathroom - it had a clawfoot tub and a large walk-in shower. I was most impress with the double sink. My husband had his (shared with my brother) and i had mine. Heavenly. Just one bathroom between the three of us, and it actually worked out. The living room had a sofa that my brother slept on. The bedroom suite had a king bed. Very well decorated. I did notice a spa tub in the patio but didn't use it. Room had wide hardwood floors (looked original) and it was quiet in the room. Didn't hear any noise. We were always out and didn't make sure of their restaurant and bar, so can't write about them. The people were nice and friendly. My husband and brother took advantage of the foot massage, and they liked it! I had an in-room massage - nice! All-in-all, a wonderful stay. And most definitely surprised to find such a wonderful boutique hotel in the Philippines. If the price is right, we'll be back this year --- 2012! :D

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were a party of 43 from Spain, US and Holland. Got married in Boracay and stayed 1 night in Manila. Check in was excellent. The rooms were absolutely amazing. Clean and very big. Decoration was awesome. Breakfast was super. We had a blast in this hotel. Just like home. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.
Thank you hotel Celeste for an enjoyable stay. Will definitely be back.
Cling Vallejo

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I bought vouchers from ensogo at Celis Restaurant for unlimited cocktails and drinks which included fruit juices and iced tea and 1 pica pica for each voucher and it i paid 580 pesos ( 13.21 USD) per person. It was a good deal. A regular open bar at Celis restaurant costs 1,160 pesos per person (26.42 USD). The restaurant is located at the ground floor of Hotel Celeste. It was a nice place; it was quite but the interior is fabulous. I loved the chandaliers and the french-inspired furnitures. There was also an acoustic band playing that night.

Since my friends and I haven't had dinner yet, we ordered the main course. It was a french cuisine except for the club sandwich. The food were gourmet and quite pricey (expect to pay 650 pesos per plate (14.81 USD). No regrets though beacause everything was very good and sumptuous. We all shared our food: the shrimp with ratatouille, the chicken roulade and the club sandwich with chips. The service was excellent. The waiters and waitresses were nice and attentive.

My friends and I will definitely go back. I was looking to buy more vouchers for Celis Restaurant but the offer has been closed by ensogo. I hope there will be a next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed in room 408. The room's interior has a cosmo vintage feel. Very clean. The customer service given was excellent. I brought up the issue to them that the light bulb in front of the door was spoilt and was quite dark when I went back at night. They understood my concern and changed the light bulb even before I finished my dinner. I was pleasantly surprised and appreciated them putting in the effort to make me feel comfortable.

Greenbelt is only 2-3 minutes walk away. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed in this hote for one day and it was very good stay in Hotel Celeste,it is very near from the manila airport,roos are very very beutiful and big.bathroom is good,the buffet breakfast is good enough.overall experience was very nice and the location is also very good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for several days with my wife. We chose this hotel among the others in Makati because of the good reviews regarding the room decor. Unfortunately, the design of the rooms is the only positive thing about this hotel. The rooms are beautifully furnished but even this asset is marred because of dusty furniture. The hotel does not have many guests at a time, so one gets the feeling that many rooms are locked and not cleaned regularly.

My main complaint is security. There is none. Only a porter who stands at the lobby entrance and opens the door for you. No checking of bags, no guards, nothing. During lulls front desk staff stand outside with porters, smoking and chatting. Anyone is allowed to come in. Very lax.

Service was a disappointment. They try to get by on friendliness but I agree with another reviewer who mentioned "scripted, canned answers." Any further line of questioning is met with glazed looks and unsure replies. The breakfast restaurant staff seem lost, lack training, and do not know how to explain things properly. Breakfast of guests is affected by a waiter and waitress at the counter, chatting about personal matters and gossiping within guests' earshot. Service personnel during breaks are seen watching tv in the coffee shop and chatting.

The direct lines on the room phone---housekeeping, operator, etc do not work. During the entire course of our stay, no one ever picked up. The only line that works is the front desk.

Breakfast was paltry, spread and choices were very, very poor.

We were not informed of foot massage or of welcome drinks. We were not given complimentary bottled water after our 1st night, which I found out fr other guests were usually given every night.

Location was perfect, rooms were good but dusty, bathrooms were clean and toiletries much appreciated. But service is truly disappointing. It is quite obvious that they have been trained to remember guests' names and offer to carry shopping bags of guests who arrive from the mall, but beyond that, they are not proactive and lack training. Staff should be reminded that gossping in work areas is unprofessional and disturbs the conversations of guests. I just feel it was not worth it. We could have stayed in another hotel in the area and gotten better service. Hotel professionalism is supposed to stand out, after all. Sadly, here in Hotel Celeste, it doesn't.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. We loved our room, bed was very comfy and wifi was really fast. The only thing that needs an improvement is their free breakfast menu. Very limited choices.

Small hotel but in a good location. Easy access. Just a minute away from greenbelt mall.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Celeste? Share your experiences!