Stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is just average. It looks very simple from outside. I arrived late at night,the check in was slow. The reception asked me to pay a deposit, in today's day and age which hotel asks for a deposit?? I have stayed in many hotels around the world but had to pay a deposit. I had booked this hotel on Expedia and paid in full via card for the 3 nights. I do not understand why I need to pay the deposit.
Anyways.. The room is a suite. It has a kitchenette and living room. The bedroom area is pretty small and so is the bathroom. The rooms had this very old school box air conditioning, which made a lot of noise.
The room looked clean but old and tired. The bathroom was not so well cleaned. There was a hole in the ceiling and the tiles were chipped.also the shower curtain had blood stains on it . The shower was not strong enough and not hot too. I did not dare use the bathtub.
The breakfast was not so good, very limited choices.
And now the highlight of my stay... After I came back to my room and relaxing it the evening. I saw a huge cockroach on the couch. To make it worse, it could fly. It was flying all around the living room(as my door to bedroom was shut,thank god).
I called house keeping immediately,as I terrified of cockroaches. They took their own sweet time to come and behaved like it was a common issue. My colleagues at work told me it's very common to see bugs in the hotel rooms in Manila. Which is absolutely disgusting. I do not know how it came in but the hotel definitely need to do something about it.
On a better note, the location is good, walking distance to the supermarket and restaurants.
The hotel needs a revamp.
I would never stay here again as you can get better hotels at the same price. Also after the cockroach incident, I am doubting the hygiene of the hotel.
This guest is never coming back again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Antel Hotel is your home from home at the heart of the cosmopolitan and business district of Makati City, offering all suites in its three (3) distinct towers: A.Venue Suites, Antel Spa, and Serenity Tower with FREE Wi-Fi, kitchenette that includes a microwave, electronic kettle, a sink, dining tableand more The hotel has the largest pool, with infinity and kiddie pool, and also has the largest parking space that is very important in the area. All are suite rooms, with a receiving area that is suitable either for business or leisure purposes equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, Ipod dock, and working desk. The private bathrooms feature a bathtub and walk-in shower. Best Western Plus Antel Hotel offers premium and personalized massage services from Toccare Spa equipped with steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and semi-precious stone themed VIP rooms. For healthy lifestyle routines, the hotel also offers two (2) fully equipped fitness centers, a game room for adults and a playground for kids. Guests can enjoy the convenience of room service, or dine at two stylish restaurants in the hotel: Azzurro Restaurante Mediterraneo, which serves Mediterranean dishes plus features a KTV room; Granvia Cafe that offers Western and modern local cuisine that also operates in the pool bar. The hotel is just few steps away from A.Venue Mall and Century City Mall, it also provides a free shuttle service and has a taxi bay for guests to visit Glorietta Mall, a 20-minute drive away. Ayala Museum is 10-minute drive away, while Ninoy Aquino International Airport is only a 30-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The a. Venue Hotel Makati
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel Makati, Metro Manila