“Nice location, satisfying suite.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7829 Makati Avenue | A. VENUE MAKATI, Makati, Luzon 1200, Philippines   |
Ranked #35 of 69 Hotels in Makati
Richmond, Canada
“Nice location, satisfying suite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel during my trip to the Philippines. I got the one-bedroom suite which was spacious and overall, has nice interiors. There was no view at all though but the building across being constructed at the time. It was a comfortable and hassle-free stay from check-in thru check-out. The location is nice being in Makati, near the business district and right nearby restaurants, malls/supermarket and nightlife. The surrounding streets are busy especially the main road which is Makati Avenue, but being a bit off the main street, it can be relaxing. I will consider staying in this hotel again especially if my next trip will include itineraries in the areas of Makati and Taguig.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room that faces the west (Manila Bay) if they have it, Manila sunset is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Best Western Plus Antel in the central of Makati city, from this hotel you can find a lot of thing surrounding. Hotel has 3 towers, so better book Deluxe room to be in Antel Spa Tower, room is big enough like a studio room with small kitchen but no cooking facility, they has Microwave so you can warm up your food. Other family is good 4* hotel, clean and professional.

This hotel is close to the airport, take taxi cost 160PHP if no traffic, with traffic jam it would come to 250PHP. In front of the hotel, there is SM department store where you can get water, beer, fast food, and everynight, they organize a food and night bazzar with Philippino band play very nice music. Food here also cheap, you can get 1 meals from 80 - 150 PHP per person.

Hotel has 3 pools in 5th floors and kid area. Gym on 6th floor is just very basic but it is OK for quick work out. Breakfast at Azzurro Italian restaurant, you will have more Italian breakfast than in other hotel.

Room Tip: book room in Spa tower or Serenity Tower
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Monticello, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for 2 nights. Convenient if you like to out and go to the bar, there are few in the area. The hotel itself is somewhat hidden from the other establishments around the area that makes it difficult to find. The room are nice and clean but it was a bit noisy (construction going on). Travelling going to the airport was a pain coz of too much traffic in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Liberatingjepoy, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Haide K!

Thank you for sharing your reviews with us. The hotel has the biggest space in the area since we are part of A.Venue and we have a mall. Our location away from the street makes us more exclusive to our guests thus guarantee safety. The current construction in the area will soon be one of the best attractions that our guests could access, for the meantime, we are providing other rooms that are far from the affected areas and we appreciate if you could have raised this concern earlier so that we can immediately adjust.

Again thank you and hope to see you soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Best thing about this hotel is the location. The area is right where all the best bars are in mla - buddha bar, 71, alchemy etc. also, its only 10 min drive to greenbelt- perfect for shopping, and of course less than 3 km from bonifacio global city.
Rooms: good considering the price is quite cheap for a 4 star hotel in makati.
Service: very helpful staff outside the hotel. They open your car / taxi door, calls a taxi if you need one & they are very polite.
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Hi Odessy12!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful reviews and this is one of the reasons why guests keeps on coming back as we offer them the right value for their money.

See you soon.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a 2-bedroom suite room for me and my friends via Booking.com. Beforehand I asked that they make a note for me that says "Maligayang araw ng mga pusong hitad, mga bokloh!" and put it somewhere visible upon my guests' entry. Although the note ended up being too small, it was such a hit to everyone.

Location was great. Foodies would have a grand time staying in this area. There's the nearby Century Mall (Hole in the Wall and iHop are good dining options). There were also numerous spas in the area for those tired from all their urban adventures. It was a weekend, so there was a night market just across the street. It was pretty sad though coz there weren't many patrons.

Check in wasn't too much of a hassle considering that I wasn't there at that time. I only had to talk to the receptionists so they could verify the booking, and they then allowed my friends to enter. A 3,000 refundable deposit had to be collected for us for any incidental damages.

Before reaching our room (502, Tower 1), we noticed that the area smelled like cigarette smoke. Pretty weird, because we were advised the entire hotel was "no smoking." Anyway, we headed on to our room. The suite was pretty cramped, but still sufficient. A living room composed of a 4-seater sofa, flat-screen TV and side tables welcomed us. There's also a dining area with a round table and four seats. As per room description online, there was supposed to be a kitchenette, but there wasn't. I actually had to put the ice bag we bought from 711 in the main restroom sink. There was a bar fridge stocked with various beverages. The unit had two rooms. The master's had a good-sized queen bed, equipped with the usuals (a/c, tv, own t/b). The other room only fits one pax. It has a desk and a cabinet but no TV. Guests using this room would have to use the common rest room near the living area.

We wanted to mix our own drinks, so we got what we needed from the nearby SM Marketplace. I called reception for an ice bucket and a pitcher. The first time, they redirected my call to Room Service, but no one picked up. I had to call back a couple of times, but they were still unreachable. After what seemed like forever, they decided to just have someone go upstairs and give me this smelly microwaveable container. They also didn't have a pitcher available.

Lighting within the unit seemed to be purposely dim. It definitely gives it that comfy vibe, but I wish brighter lights were available. The only lights that were bright were the ones in the restrooms. I wish this could be improved. Shouldn't be a problem during daytime because you could just open the curtains, but come night time, everything could be just really dim. Smoking also shouldn't be
such a chore. The only smoking area available was the one just outside the parking area. I wish they could assign a couple more.

We didn't get to see other areas of the hotel such as the pool areas or the spa.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Hi vouchervulture!

Thanks for staying with us during Valentine's Day and it was I who made sure that your request about that note will be done.

I have raised this concern to my team as the hotel strictly adheres to the city as 100% non-smoking, however the smoking areas are limited based on the same city ordinance.

As for the room service, I have called the attention of our restaurants.

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay and my team appreciates improving our services to reach your satisfaction. The location and our amenities are truly a PLUS and we are establishing more fun activities to engage with our guests.

Have a nice day and hope to see you soon.
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros - Great location. Exceptionally wonderful staff minus 1 depressed acting front desk girl. Many surrounding stores and restaurants.
Cons - Bad hot water fluctuations. Noisy construction area. 4 star hotel with hard 1 star hotel beds.

• Stayed February 2015
Hi Undiscoverable1!

Thank you for emphasizing our best advantages considering you have stayed with us for almost a week. The area is busy these days but we are considering the biggest advantages very soon that will serve you more in the future.

Again thank you.
Aarhus, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have no question with how the hotel looks outside and inside, it was nice. Yet one thing that leaved a big question in my mind was the restaurant.. Really?!? with that big and luxurious hotel I can't believe what I saw. I think its the worst breakfast I ever had in all the hotels I've been so far.The place looks so disorganise, sorry to say it's like a carinderia. There is not a lot of food to offer, very limited. I don't even know what to eat. My husband cannot find the eggs where normally in a hotel a chef is standing to cook it fresh for you. With regards to the room they said they transferred us to another building which I totally don't understand. It seems like there are three hotels or buildings. They said they upgraded our room. It looks fine but you can really hear the noise from the outside or even from the other rooms. They have nice pools which I guess is the hotel's asset. It took a long time before we were able to check in. Im sorry to say but I can't recommend this, coz of what we experienced.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi laysme!

I am somehow confused with your review as you mentioned that both interiors and exteriors are good. You stated an upgrade of room, and we do that as we experience high occupancy in the hotel. With three towers, located in Makati, this is indeed a very busy place. I would like to inquire which restaurant you were referring so that we can share this comment with them. We have two restos that both serves buffet breakfast.

It is really unfortunate that you have expressed dissatisfaction during your stay with us and hope you can reconsider as we do offer more choices since we are the biggest property. We always strive to do better.

Thanks you.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel? Share your experiences!