At first, some of the positive things about the hotel
- Bell staff are very proactive and do take care of your luggage and always check taxi for left over belonging when you arrive at hotel at any time.
- Hotel also accepted advance arrival of my luggage which saved me a lots of hassle.
- Location is good.
Now there are some issues as well:
Checkin - the official check in time is 2 pm. We arrived at hotel with family at 1:35 pm. We were told that rooms are not ready and we should allow for "ample" time before we comeback. When quizzed on definition of "ample time", I was told to allow for at least 1 hour, well past 2 pm check in time.
Breakfast- Very limited spread. My wife actually chose not to eat 2 out of 4 days we were there. On the last day. I went for breakfast around 9 am and it was mayhem. Many trays were empty, no butter for bread, the toaster was not working, no milk for tea. When I asked one staff member, he said yes there is no milk.
Amenities: you can probably survive if you have limited needs.When I asked whether they can arrange for babysitter for y 6 year old son, I was told that it is not provided and they can not help me at all. They can not even give me contacts of any external agency. I requested to talk to the duty manager and I am still waiting for his callback.
Front desk: Once my wife tried to reach my room from her mobile via front desk number to talk to me in the room. She gave the name and the room number. It was transferred twice to someone else and then dropped. Later on, there was nobody picking up call at all.
Lifts: reaching breakfast floor is a game of lift manipulation. In general lifts are very busy and you may have to wait at times.
Tours: the company the hotel contracts for tours Grayline is amazingly costly for developing country like Philippines. In fact, I did the tours on 50% costs by organising myself.
My view is that this hotel may be good for a traveller with limited needs but probably not great one for families with young children.
- Also Known As:
- The a. Venue Hotel
- The a. Venue Hotel Makati
- The a Venue Hotel
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel Makati, Metro Manila
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Fastbooking, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.