Antel Hotel has the potential to be amazing. The rooms are incredible, comfortable, large, modernly styled and have everything you need. We loved our time in the room, at the pool, using the kitchenettes and this was the most pleasant room we had. The location is brilliant and these are the reasons we stayed for 20 days. But it was a battle.
The problem is simply the staff ruin the place. Here's what we faced:
1. After the housekeeping staff cleaned our room we returned to find the door was left open. Upon going into the room everything looked ok until we found out the next day (once we had checked out) that one of our bags had been sifted through and 3,000 Pesos was stolen. This was a gift from my parents for the hospital treatment I was receiving and it was either stolen by the staff or the room was left open for someone else to steal it. Of course we should have used the safe, but we shouldn't fear about security in a 4 star hotel (especially when we shut doors!)
2. The front staff aren't very helpful. They rarely pick up the phone and constantly said we couldn't get what we agreed. As they offer lower rates for a minimum 7 night stay, they kept saying if we stayed for more than 7 nights the rate increased! It made no sense and only when the manager got involved did anything happen (when he wasn't at the Mall of Asia). Essentially the default answer by staff is no (without checking). It was very like Little Britain's "Computer says no"
3. Security is tight and often doesn't allow takeaway or food delivery to your room. We asked if we could order a yellow cab and the staff said yes. We found out 3 hours later that the reason the pizza hadn't arrived (despite 3 attempts) was because the staff denied we were staying there and refused to check. I even went down and said it was my delivery and they didn't allow it until I marched the delivery man to my hotel room.
4. "Housekeeping" is essentially staff that replace some things and remove others. Our room was never cleaned, but they would sometimes replace water, sometimes not. Sometimes replace toiletries, mainly not. The worst was that they'd often take all the towels and leave 1 between 2. When you're paying over 3,000 Pesos a night you should get the room cleaned in 3 weeks and you shouldn't have to ask for towels every other day. Housekeeping also seemed to get particularly annoyed if you didn't want you room cleaned at 9am.
5. The manager is non-existent. When the front desk told us we had to move rooms as they had booked it for someone else, we obliged but on the condition we kept the same rate (as we hadn't checked out). They expected us to pay double for the pleasure of being kicked out our room until we got the manager on the phone (first time in 3 weeks). He allowed to move rooms for the same rate, but then moved us to a room which overlooked the construction site which started work at 6am each morning. Hardly worth over 3,000 Pesos per night.
The best staff are the concierge. They will happily help you get taxis, move your luggage, open doors and give good advice. It's a shame that the rest are just simply appalling.
Stay here if you don't mind paying a lot to fight for what you paid for. However, lock up your stuff and make sure you have plenty of hours spare to argue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Antel Hotel is your home from home at the heart of the cosmopolitan and business district of Makati City, offering all suites in its three (3) distinct towers: A.Venue Suites, Antel Spa, and Serenity Tower with FREE Wi-Fi, kitchenette that includes a microwave, electronic kettle, a sink, dining tableand more The hotel has the largest pool, with infinity and kiddie pool, and also has the largest parking space that is very important in the area. All are suite rooms, with a receiving area that is suitable either for business or leisure purposes equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, Ipod dock, and working desk. The private bathrooms feature a bathtub and walk-in shower. Best Western Plus Antel Hotel offers premium and personalized massage services from Toccare Spa equipped with steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and semi-precious stone themed VIP rooms. For healthy lifestyle routines, the hotel also offers two (2) fully equipped fitness centers, a game room for adults and a playground for kids. Guests can enjoy the convenience of room service, or dine at two stylish restaurants in the hotel: Azzurro Restaurante Mediterraneo, which serves Mediterranean dishes plus features a KTV room; Granvia Cafe that offers Western and modern local cuisine that also operates in the pool bar. The hotel is just few steps away from A.Venue Mall and Century City Mall, it also provides a free shuttle service and has a taxi bay for guests to visit Glorietta Mall, a 20-minute drive away. Ayala Museum is 10-minute drive away, while Ninoy Aquino International Airport is only a 30-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The a. Venue Hotel Makati
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel Makati, Metro Manila