“Nice place for travellers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Makati International Inn

Makati International Inn
You added Makati International Inn to your Saves list
Makati International Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7575 Dela Rosa St | Pio del Pilar, Makati, Luzon 1230, Philippines   |
Ranked #61 of 67 Hotels in Makati
“Nice place for travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

It's a nice place to stay. Strategically located near the dela rosa avenue leading to greenbelt area. The place is quite safe as it is secured by computerized lock system.

The only bad experience i had wAs that sometimes the CR clogs. But over-all its a recommended place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Two good reviews in a row. Now thats welcome ! Will look into the problem mentioned . Glad to know there are people out there that are willing to still stay despite our ranking. Thank you so much for staying and even a greater thank you for taking the time to say something constructive in your objective criticism .--

Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tenerife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was in the Philippines for 3 weeks in July going to and from Manila. I kept on using the Makati International Inn as it was comfortable, a good price. There was a nice friendly Restaurant/bar/lounge area very friendly staff.
For those people just wanting a base for a visit this is ideal.

Thank you Makati International Inn i enjoyed my stay there

Room Tip: all i would say is away from the reception area
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you very much for your very objective review of our Inn.. It is exactly how you described it-- a base for you to stay while conducting the business (or whatever is was you came to Makati for) that you need to do.

We are a non-pretentious establishment that delivers exactly what you expect for the reasonable price we offer. Often times people want to pay low prices but then expect incredibly high standards and amenities in exchange for the low, low price.

Thank you again for being realistic and objective and we only wish more people would be just as fair as you in their assessment of our humble inn..
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at Makati International Inn and we love it!

I booked 3 rooms (1 queen + extra bed and 2 triples) for a total of 9 guests.

But before I go into my review I'd just like to point out that this is a 2 star inn and the rate is 1990p for a queen bed and 2750p for a trple so if you're expecting things like shampoo, toiletries, a double bed with awesome cotton with foam mattress and a 3 star cafe you ain't going to find it here.

What you will find is clean rooms, hot water, tv with cable channels (like FOX & ESPN) and very basic amenities like towels, hangers and even a hair dryer. The rooms can be small but the most important thing is that they are very clean. Walls are nicely painted, sheets smell nice, no bed bugs and the shower area is very clean. All the furnishing is very Ikea like (I suspect even the mattress) so imagine clean industrial like rooms with Ikea furnishing. Just a warning there aren't any windows in any of the rooms but that's something me and my friends didn't mind (personally I like it cause it gets really dark and cool so it's easier to sleep).

My only problem with the room (and even then again it's a small problem) is the noise from the street. It can be pretty noisy in the morning due to traffic but the Inn has done its best to keep the noise level down by barring the windows. The last time I stayed here we had a queen on the other side (opposite the triple rooms) and there wasn't any noise. If noise is your concern just request a queen opposite the triple rooms. Those queens are very quiet. Oh and one of my friends complained about the mattress, but it's a very basic Ikea mattress so if you have a sensitive back you may need to get a 3-5 star hotel.

Service is impeccable! We arrived at the Inn around 7am and were provided 2 rooms! (I emailed in advance letting them know) and for the triple room that wasn't ready, they provide a queen room for my travel mates to rest in and take showers. The service guys running around are very helpful and they helped lug our suitcases around.

There's no lift but come on people it's only 3 flights of stairs and with the service guys helping you lug your luggage are you really that lazy to walk 3 flight of stairs?!

As for location while I do agree it's a 10 minute walk to everywhere else (like Jollibee and McD's and even to the Greenbelt) so just be mindful of that.

As for cabbies here's a tip, don't tell the cabbies about Santillian St. They'll just get confused. We had better luck telling the cabs it was Dela Rosa St crossing Chino Roces Ave. Chino Roces is a very big and main St and so is Dela Rosa. It's the Santillian St (which is a smaller st) they throws the cabbies off. Once we figured that out, we've never had any issues of a cab that didn't know where this place was. Just get them to stop you at the 7-11 at Chino Roces and Dela Rosa. Makati International Inn is right behind.

Oh and some of my friends complained about the wi-fi. The wi-fi is pretty wonky (as in we tried to connect with iPhones, Blackberries and iPads but it kept timing us out or disconnecting us) so just be mindful of that. It might work better with laptops but for smartphones, it doesn't connect very well. But again it's a 2 star inn, so we didn't really care that they wi-fi was wonky.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Hi Masurin,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. And truly, the warning beforehand is very correct-- when you pay a lot, lot less, people should not expect a lot, lot MORE.

That said, you hit the nail on the head exactly when you said the no windows bars street noise-- it is exactly why we did that in the first place.

Secondly, again, you are absolutely right about it being only 3 flights to the highest floor if ever you get a room on the uppermost third floor-- again, we too expect that this is not a big issue since, as you mentioned, we help with luggage all the time, ANYTIME.

Lastly on the internet-- apologies and happy to inform you, we have signed up with a new service provider as the old one was troublesome indeed. On your next visit please try again the WIFI and let us know if it now meets your expectations. We hope it will and in fact are paying 4 times the price just to ensure that it satisfies your requirements.

Cheers and hope to see you again very soon!
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I think I expected much from reviews. I checked tripadvisor mobile app for a hotel in makati and got this high rated hotel. Confusing street address, should have added landmark, good thing my wife saw this hotel before while traveling.

Door is controlled from first floor reception, you have dial '0' from the phone kept outside!, I saw many people shaking the door to open it. Once you enter, you carry your bags to upstairs to the first floor, where reception is.

Room is smaller than the hotels I stayed, walls are made with some kinda thin sheet? A crazy axe hanging on the wall saying you should break the wall to escape in case of emergency !. Never saw charcoal packed in nets hanging in all rooms in any other hotel before. Guidelines, notices everywhere. Not so clean towels, No ref inside the room. Cloth kept on the top of TV stand like somebody threw it over there( I think it is the cover of the TV table). No toothpaste, no shampoo/conditioner.

Think twice before you trust the reviews.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Dialing Zero gives you the operator. You may ask them to send porter to help with your bags. The security door is for guest security. Thats the function of it-- to keep intruders out and allow registered guests in. It may a a minor inconvenience but its well worth the security for guests.

The thin sheets are soundproofing over the glass windows which block out city center traffic noise.Since there is no view to speak of, we opted for a quiet sleep for guests rather than an unmemorable view. The axes are there for emergency and therefore a sign instructing guests to break through the soundproofing sheet to exit through windows in case of emergency.

Bath and room amenities such shampoo, toothpaste and personal refs.are included in 5 star prices Note we are a 2 star INN. Please lower your expectations for low priced inns.
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Makati International Inns

I booked this hotel because the manager has a habit of replying to most posts and it seemed that he/she is genuinely interested in addressing consumer opinions. No doubt, he will respond to this post.

When I caught an airport taxi to the Inn, the driver didn’t have any idea where it was, so I ended up with a drive consisting of almost an hour while he tried to find the place - that was even with printed Google map to assist him. I actually located the place for him!

When we finally arrived, he announced that the fare was 450p because he had had to drive around for so long to find it. His attitude was, “Well, it’s your fault for picking an obscure place to stay.” In an weirdly obtuse way, he was right. If I had chosen one of the many hotels in Mabini Street he would have gotten me there in 20 minutes and for 200-300p.

So, what is the place like? Firstly - location. Short answer: it has none. It is in the Makati Central Business District, so there is nothing but office blocks surrounding it. Nowhere to eat, nothing to see, nothing to do, no malls within walking distance. If you are into junk food there is a McDonalds a short walk in one direction and a Pancake House the same distance in the opposite direction. That’s it. There is a 7/11 about 10 metres away and an ATM across the road.

Inside, the rooms are dated but clean. The rooms have no windows. There is no lift and, as someone else has previously noted, there are room-safes, but the local help stands there and watches you enter your code, so kind of defeats the purpose really.

I had one of the ‘homemade’ menu meals for dinner as I don’t eat junk food, so Maccas and the other place were no-goes. The sauce tasted like it was straight out of a can - so perhaps it was ‘homemade’ but certainly not made on premises.

Pros: Clean and quiet room. Fast hot water to shower and hand basin.

Cons: No-one knows where it is, there is nothing to do and nowhere to eat locally, and it is over-priced for what you get. There is no lift, so you have to man-handle your luggage. It’s slightly upmarket backpackers accommodation - that‘s it.

Pay a few dollars more, go to the City Garden Suites (all taxi drivers know where it is) and get a far superior room, in the centre of Manila and breakfast included for essentially what you will pay here (breakfast is not included in tis hotel’s rate). When you consider that 2 eggs, two cups of coffee and two pieces of toast cost 260p - getting an all-inclusive room somewhere else is certainly a better option.

Final Opinion: Not recommended - not even for an overnight transit hotel - there are many better hotels closer to eateries and malls for basically the same rate.
I was going to book this hotel for my return overnight Manila stay, but won’t for the reasons mentioned above.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Dear “chrisbrisbane.”

You make allusions that perhaps our manager is not “genuinely” concerned with reviews. We take comments very seriously, take remedial action when necessary and reply to each and every one, not out of mere habit, but because we dignify your thoughts, no matter how petty we may feel they are—they are your thoughts regardless and TripAdvisor fairly gives vent for each and every body, management included.

It is hardly our fault that some, not all, taxi drivers can’t find our inn. Saying that NO ONE knows where we are is an unfair exaggeration. That you felt ripped off by the taxi driver is unfortunate. It’s out of our control but yet you pin the experience on us. We make no claims that our location is in a five star district and in fact, if you read our website again, we position our inn as a humble, basic, no frills but clean and quiet place to stay in Makati. You readily admit that our rooms were indeed clean and comfortable, so we have successfully delivered on our product claims. Your received just you’re your money purchased.

Secondly, we do not have a lift because it is only 3 flights of stairs with only 24 rooms to service. There is a phone hanging right beside the entrance door in plain view. In fact, it is located right under the buzzer that you ring in order to announce someone at the door and for the security lock monitored by CCTV to be electronically opened by our Front Desk Reception. Though its fairly obvious the phone reaches someone from the inn—it says dial 0 for assistance, perhaps we should post a flashing neon sign that encourages arriving guests to call for luggage porter to assist. The reason there are no windows is that we soundproofed the façade to block out city center traffic, opting for a peaceful sleep for guests instead of an unmemorable view of the street below.

Thirdly, it is laughable that someone would permit a room attendant to hover over one’s shoulder while setting an in-room safe combination. He merely shows you how to do. You can tell him thank you, you understand how it works, and set it later when he departs.

Fourth. You mention our food not being what you paid for. This is our first review criticizing our food in over 10 years for three properties. And this is no exaggeration. Perhaps you could reply to my email directly so we can investigate what dish you found unsavory. Our breakfast menu does not have what you described at P260 to boot. The highest price of any full breakfast ala cart is P165. Sorry, you are sorely mistaken on this.
In fact, our sister inn posts the menu with prices online. These are all clickable from any of the three properties we manage so if you could be so kind as to show us where you see the P260 price for eggs and toast, please advise.

Finally—it’s a good thing you mention City Gardens and refer to that neighborhood of your choice. While right smack on Makati Avenue, with all nightlife venues literally at its doorstep, it is priced four times more per night than our inn. Our inn is two blocks away from restaurants, shopping malls and night life venues similar to those found on Makati Avenue. One merely need ask the Front Desk candidly for what it is one wants. Admittedly it’s a 10 minute walk away to these venues from our inn; that’s true, but for our $40 nightly rate, you certainly saved on the nightly stay to splurge on other entertainment activities a block or two away. Many people want 5 star quality but are prepared to shell out only low city inn prices. It simply is not realistic.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I have an incedent which brought me a great argument with my wife why you were able to send sms to my cellphone while I have'nt gone or register to your hotel. How got my number and you people send me promo via sms tome?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
We regularly send out SMS marketing messages to 50,000 phone numbers at a time. We do not know any individual persons nor do we know their phone numbers. In other words, the 50,000 phone numbers are blindly generated RANDOMLY in bulk. We have no idea who the numbers belong to.

So it is merely a coincidence that you received our SMS marketing prior to you actually coming to stay with us.

I trust this explanation suffices and perhaps you may show this reply to your wife in order to alleviate any misgivings or suspicions she may have about how we "seemed to know your number," This is simply not true, its just our marketing methods coincidentally sending to your number. Thank you for letting us know our SMS marketing is indeed working!

Best regards and apologies for any friction we may have inadvertently caused you.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The Makati International Inn is a boutique hotel in downtown Makati that offers all of the convenience and service of a large hotel, however with personal attention and service that boutique accomodation is known for. With airport transfer services (24/7), fantastic cafe, very comfortable rooms with access to all modern communications, the Makati International Inn should be the first consideration for any person travelling to Manila, either for business of for leisure. The proximity of the hotel to both the domestic and international airports and the bustling life of Makati's exceptional restuarants bars and cafes, is also another reason to make the Makati International Inn your destination whenever staying in Manila. Make sure you try the menu also (spaghetti bolognaise is my favorite) as are the range of traditional Philipino dishes available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
MZINNSGeneralManager, General Manager at Makati International Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Thank you for the glowing praise! We strive to serve and our rewards are precisely this kind of generosity! Thank you very much.

Been to Makati International Inn? Share your experiences!