“Surprisingly Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Auburn
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Surprisingly Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Was very hesitant to stay based on some Trip Advisor Posts, anyway, on my way back from a Fingr Lakes Motorcycle trip I took my chance. OK, it was fine, and the room may have needed new carpet but the bathroom was clean and so was the room, but Spartan.

So for a Motel 8 it was fine, good bed, everything worked TV, Microwave, etc. No issues in checking in etc, got the bike parked out front OK. So no complaints. About 4 blocks to the downtown street with some good restaurants. One point the free breakfast is only coffee, juice, cereal, donuts – so get something on the road elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room facing the back not facing the US#20 is quite, like #108
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

there's not much to say about this place. It's decent for the price. Sadly, breakfast is served in the hallway. I made a few complaints about the flickering light bulbs. They promised to look at it but never did. If you sleep late don't expect housekeeping to come back to you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for one night, and I can't believe I stayed, it was like the bates hotel,
We got a smoking room, which I understand it will smell like smoke, but my god, if you keep the place updated with paint and clean it on a regular bases, it shouldn't smell that bad, the chair was so stained, not sure what or whom had been sitting on it,the chain on the door was broke, door handles missing on the stairway doors overall a very bad place to stay, spend the extra 5 dollars and go down the street, I have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the worst, I just got home from New York and I called super 8 head office and told them they should sent someone out to check this hotel, because having the name doesn't look good on the franchise, will return to Auburn again but will stay else where, it's sad to know people don't take care of there properties, I wanted to take pictures of the place, but didn't, I feel sorry for whom ever owns it......

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Nothing in the rooms worked including the remote, the blow dryer, the microwave. Outlets were so worn out our cords kept falling out. Only could use 1 in the whole room. Carpet was so dirty I walked in shoes the whole time. Breakfast was nothing more than cheap off brand cereal and donuts. We stay in 2-3 hotels a months for our job and we've seen our share of bad, but this is easily the worst!

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stay about twice to three times a month, I've never had an issue with them there. Front desk was very polite. They accept dogs, beds were comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Good room, all clean. Check in was efficient and polite. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cerritos, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

On our 8 week road trip across America this was the WORST motel we saw. First problem was the dirty towel on the floor behind the door. I was willing to try to be generous and think that housekeeper just hadn't seen it there. I called front desk, she came to room and took out the towel, but didn't seem too concerned about it. Then I looked at bedding. The blankets on the beds were very old, big lumpy "pills" all over them, and very rough feeling and didn't look clean. I wouldn't have used them as bedding for my dog. Sheets were too small for the bed -- maybe double sheets on the queen bed?? And they were inside out. Then there was the dirty pillow case. By that time it was feeling creepy and dirty. We loaded everything back into the car and went to front desk to inform that we would not be staying there. We had reservation for 2 nights. She offered to change the sheets, but by then nothing could have made me stay there. After extended discussion she did give us a credit for that night and no charge for either night. That is the best thing that happened there. We went to Days Inn and had a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Auburn / Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!