“Convention par excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Auburn
Syracuse, New York
“Convention par excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We came from a weekend convention. The service was great. The food was mouth watering. The room was clean and comfortable. Lots of pillows. The front desk was professional. The bathroom was large. The shower was relaxing. The kids had a great time in the pool. I was pamper. Thanks for the great experience.

Room Tip: Suites are large and can fit large families
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn. We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guest. Happy to hear that you enjoyed our McMurphy's Authentic Irish Pub.
We look forward to your next trip to Auburn NY and the Holiday Inn.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I got a Sunday rate for my first night, that was actually cheaper than the Days Inn. After that, I found it difficult to leave. Nevermind that I got sick. I was glad to be sick in such a nice place. Everyone at the desk was nice. No A-holes. A great place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Try the first floor. It worked for me
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Auburn, and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I was happy to read your review "Best Holiday Inn Ever." I was sorry to read that you were ill during your stay. I hope you are feeling 100% better. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn.
Syracuse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as a part of a wine tour package. I have to say that I was VERY impressed! The staff was very friendly, always saying Hello whenever you come in from outside. The room was nice comfy bed, nice size bathroom and really quiet! I would stay here again. Thanks for the great getaway!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and for choosing the Holiday Inn Auburn. I was happy to read that you and your husband reviewed the Holiday Inn as a "Great Place" and were "VERY impressed!" Many visitors stay with us while visiting our award-winning wineries. I'm delighted that you and your husband had a great getaway!
South
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my two young daughters. The staff was very nice and very professional. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The rooms are very well cared for, clean and up to date. The place smelled nicely, My daughter has mildew issues and this place was wonderful, no problems at all. The pool was great fun although the acoustics of indoor pool can be a little sketchy. I would definitely recommend this hotel, the best I've stayed in the area at a very reasonable price. I've paid more money for bad experiences in the Ithaca area. The location was also great for going east, west and south, we did all three.

Room Tip: Suspect higher rooms may be quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Auburn. I was so happy to read that you were very pleased with our staff, the cleanliness of our hotel, and the very reasonable price you paid for your accommodations. We hope you and your family will stay at the Holiday Inn Auburn again the next time your travels bring you to the Finger Lakes Region. Thank you again for your patronage and your review. We wish you and your family a very happy and healthy New Year!
Norton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from visiting Niagara Falls so it was a good mid-way point coming from the greater Boston area at a very reasonable price $$. We were given a room on the indoor courtyard side, so for the first two hours in the room we had to listen to screaming kids at the indoor pool and after driving all day that was not much fun. Fortunately they closed by 10pm! We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Irish pub and since our family is Irish it was fun to look @ all the Irish paraphernalia on all the walls. All of the portions were very huge and well-priced. It was especially nice that we didn't have to leave the hotel to go out to dinner. The hotel was very quiet as it was Thanksgiving weekend but they had the fireplace going and all the holiday decorations were already up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn on your way home from vacationing in Niagara Falls. I was happy to read that you were pleased with our "reasonable price" "comfortable beds" as well as "a delicious dinner at the Irish Pub." I am happy to add that our hotel is scheduled to be renovated this year, and we hope you and your family will stay with us again the next time your travel plans bring you near Auburn, NY. In the meantime, we wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

During business I have stayed in the last 8 years many times at this hotel and being a world traveler this is the The Best Holiday Inn when you judge overall performance. My first stay in 2004 was for four months.

They are willing to work with companies on the best rates to ensure business is flowing at a rate that does not passed on to the end user.

Currently, they have a refurbishment program, the new rooms are beautiful.

I always enjoy my stay at this hotel. It is one or if not one of the best, where, should there be an issue, it's corrected.

The maintenance staff (David) do a great job. Not only in the maint of the hotel, although also greets, says hello, and asks if everything is okay ... amazing.

Great job to the team (and mean team) this hotel.

Kind regards

David Knight

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled ones they are great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Mr. Knight - thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to write about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Auburn. I was happy to read your comment about our refurbished room being "beautiful." We think so too, and are looking forward to refurbishing more guestrooms this winter. I will be sure to let David in maintenance know about the wonderful feedback you wrote about him. We think David does a great job too, and is very friendly. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn for the last 8 years. The management and staff wish you a joyous holiday season, and a healthy and prosperous new year.
Oley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We found this hotel to be a great pet friendly, easy place to stay. The beds were super comfy and the hotel was very clean. The indoor atrium and pool was great for families - although our daughter is 21, we still enjoy family atmospheres. Front desk was great! Steve - the manager onduty was fantastic. We felt VERY welcome!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for an outside, window room. If you don't mind the sound of children, ask...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mary M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn as your "pet friendly" place to stay when visiting Auburn. I'm glad our beds were "super comfy" for you, and that you "felt VERY welcome!" Steve is a great person and receives many wonderful comments from our guests, and we too think he's fantastic. Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments on Trip Advisor. Happy Holiday Season to you and your family.

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!