“Best ever Braciole” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Key West, Florida
“Best ever Braciole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

On a recent visit for my granddaughter's birhday, I had the best, most tender& flavorful Braciole I ever put in my mouth. The servings were generous with awesome authentic Italian bread. This will be a go to restaurant for me next time we have a special occasion. The only down side was that the server acted as though she was doing us a favor by waiting on us.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Auburn, New York
“Weekend Prime Rib to Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This very Italian Restaurant really kicks into high gear when the weekend comes around. Duffy Mastropietro has no peer in putting on the Prime Rib chef's hat on the weekend. When you can prepare the rib so that the end cut is still medium rare, you've got the golden touch...and lest I wax a little too long on the rib, there is not a bad meal to be had in the house...and I've had most of them. Original sauce with just a hint of "tangy warmth" will soothe ones Italian fix in a hurry. A small, intimate restaurant which prides itself on wonderful food, determined service all at a very reasonable price. Enjoy my friends....I know I always do.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been to Michael's many times and always enjoyed the good food and friendly atmosphere. The fact that the owner takes the time to greet his customers and inquire as to their comments on the food, is a personal touch that is appreciated.

DeWitt, New York
“Superb food, elegant dining atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

While you can dress very informally and not feel out of place here, the dining room has a touch of elegance that is becoming less common these days. There are cloth tablecloths, cloth napkins, candle lamps at each table, and a piano in the smallish room (about 10-12 booths and tables).

Combined with very tasty Italian food, the result is a dining experience that will have us returning again in the future when we visit the Auburn area.

I had the veal parm, and it was a large, thin slice of veal nicely breaded and topped with cheese and sauce. My wife had the rigatoni and meatball special, which was so large that we brought enough home for another meal. These were preceded by a flavorful pasta fagioli soup, which had enough beans to live up to its name without having an overpowering bean character. Fresh Italian bread was served and the overall meal was very good.

One nice touch was that they wrapped my wife's bring-home box with plastic wrap, to help insure freshness and ensure against an accidental spill. The owner made the rounds and visited every table to chat with the customers, and we had a pleasant talk with him.

While nearly everything was great, one thing could be improved. We were seated in a booth, and while the seats were not shabby by any means, the leather or faux leather (hard to tell sometimes) was cracked and repaired with tape on both my side and my wife's. The cushioning below was not firm and overall, the comfort was just passable. Some tables have wooden chairs; I think I'll ask to be seated at one the next time, if they aren't too busy.

Prices were reasonable for the overall experience. Ample parking is available across the street. If you will be dining at a busy time (e.g., Friday or Saturday evening) I recommend that you call in advance for reservations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clifton Springs, New York
“Great Food, Variety & Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Tasty food, plentiful portions, & friendly, efficient service. When we're in town for the Merry-go-round Theatre,we always head to Michael's before the show. Never disappointed!

• Visited July 2014