“Best Motel I have stayed at in years.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Auburn
Sullivan, Illinois
“Best Motel I have stayed at in years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This property has been open for just over a year and half. The staff is absolutely fantastic. Everyone we met was courteous, friendly and helpful. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The location is excellent because it is close in to downtown and all of the attractions, restaurants and businesses. Easy to get into the large parking area as well as getting out. I have never given any property an excellent rating across the board, but this one deserves it.

Room Tip: We recommend this place to everyone.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking our survey! We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and we do hope you visit us again soon!
Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Syracuse, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here as part of a wedding block. Room was clean, bed comfortable. However, the room had a very strange odor to it. My husband booked the room so I don't know if he realized that it was a smoking room. YUCK. There was a strange box/machine in the room that hubby assumed was the air purifier but it wasn't turned on or plugged in. We didn't want to touch it. We just kept the windows open and air con running. Loved the Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom. Also would've preferred a tub to a shower stall but again, I didn't reserve the room. We ate breakfast there in the morning. The food was good but our server was still waking up, I think. ;) Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback from our guests. Thank you for the high ratings on cleaniness and service.
I am glad you enjoyed the food for breakfast and that you believe this hotel is a good place to stay.
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was visiting my husband here, who has stayed at this hotel on business several times. It is very attractive in the lobby area with a lovely dining/bar area. The front staff is very friendly and helpful. The entire place inside and out is meticulous. Our room was very large and VERY quiet. The doors are solid so you don't hear noises from the hall or elevator. The hotel was fully booked and we heard no one all night long, no TV, no personal noises, a REAL PLUS for a solid night's sleep. The breakfast buffet is an additional price and was delicious. A server takes your order for the hot, individually prepared items. My vegetable omelet was superb! Great coffee and great, prompt service. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we had a room in the front of the hotel near the elevator and that was perfect, very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for rating us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback!
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. We thank you so much for all your kind words and I will be sure to pass these along to the rest of our staff.
Once again I thank you for your feedback and we do hope you visit us again soon!
Have a great day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed three nights and enjoyed our time here. We were two couples travelling to the Finger Lakes area to explore. We found that the location in Auburn was very good for travelling to the different lakes. We did have dinner in the Beau Vine Chophouse and thought the food was okay but not outstanding for the price. We did appreciate the 10% discount coupon we were given on arrival. The housekeeping staff were especially friendly and helpful. Loved the citrus water and cookies in the lobby!

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side and our friends were on the north side and both rooms were nice and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you so much for rating us on Trip Advisor! We greatly appreciate the feedback.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and we do hope you visit us again very soon.
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The stay at the hotel was very nice. Everything you expect for $200/ night.
The jewel in the experience was Beau Vine Chophouse Restaurant. We were tired from the travel and decided to try the in-hotel restaurant. AS GOOD AS ANY MORTONS OR RUTHS CHRIS I've tried. Each item was truly delicious, top quality food, and not quite as pricey as those chains. The steak was superb. Onion Straws were perfect. The appetizers were excellent (lobster salad- YES). The dessert was deep and rich. The selections from the bar are very good. I could do a foodie exploration of the cooking, but just go. It's wonderful. Fixed Price theater menu is a real deal.
The service was attentive and caring. The decor was arty, classy and comfortable. Oh crap. Soon it will be crowded!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Eric R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Wow thank you so much for all your kind words! We greatly appreciate your feedback and you rating us on Trip Advisor! I have forwarded these wonderful comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager as well so he can share with his staff.
Once again I thank you and we do hope you visit us again soon!
Have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Just stayed the night for a friend's wedding. Sucked to have paid $246 for one night stay where we just slept there- nothing else. Wedding and events were away from the hotel- but transportation to the reception was only available here and the Holiday Inn ( which was about $200 and completely booked about a month before the wedding). My friend who's wedding it was tried getting a wedding rate- but since there was other weddings going on (looked like one in the hotel) special wedding pricing was unavalable. Room satisfaction low because there was a blood spot on one of our pillows. Sure it's easy to miss- but grossed me out. Didn't call customer service because again- we were go, go, go from the time we arrived until the morning we left - which was the very next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for rating us high in Service and Cleanliness. Our housekeepers are always working very hard to make sure that every room is up to standards and exceeds our guest expectations. I do apologize that they may have missed something in your room.
We do wish you would have let us know if there was a problem as our service team would have helped you right away.
We do hope if you ever travel through Auburn again you will give us another try.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hats off to the Hilton Garden Inn Auburn for saving my wedding weekend. We booked at another local hotel and could not stay there due to the fact it was a dump. Arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn at 1am looking for a room for two nights. The front desk person Carlene was so helpful. Explained our situation. She was able to get us a room and gave us great service! Hotel is spotless. Quiet. Rooms are amazing. Very nicely decorated. Loved the wood look floor in the bathroom and hall. Staff is top notch. Very accommodating. Answered all our questions. GREAT coffeemakers. Overall EXCELLENT hotel choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here and you found our hotel to be spotless.
I will make sure to pass these comments along to the rest of our staff as well.
Once again I thank you and I do hope you stay with us again soon.
Have a wonderful day!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!