“SICK! GROSS! YUCK!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Auburn
Ottawa
“SICK! GROSS! YUCK!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Unfortunately for us there were no other available rooms anywere...so we had the misfortune of staying here. Before writting this review I looked at the pictures available for this place...PHOTOSHOP much? The rooms look bright and sunny and clean...but ares was dark, depressing, and disgusting. The ceiling was wood (cedear stripping?) and in the middle of the room it had a dark stain...my only thoughts were of CSI...and arterial blood spray! In wirtting this we're not at a much better place...for only 5 dollars more!!!

The people in the next room to ours were running a taxi service - there was 'radio' chatter all night. Also - there were no exterior lights!

BE WARE! Oh and in case you were wondering...not run by a Scotman!!!

For added saftey...we wore our shoes while we showered (Gotta love Croc!!!)

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
buffalo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I was absolutely mortified by the conditions of the hotel room I booked to stay in. The room reaked of cigarette smoke, even though it was supposed to be nonsmoking. There were stains on the walls and ceiling, who knows what the stains were. The refridgerator has some weird slime in it. The one bed did not even have sheets on it. What, were my children going to sleep directly on the mattress? The lock on the door was broken, and my window had spray paint all over it. There was no way I could stay in that room with my two children. My children were scared to be in that room. I didn't stay there for more than ten minutes. The only positive thing about this experience was that they refunded my money so that I could go down the street to stay at the Days Inn. However, beforing refunding me, the lady tried to get me to stay in another room, like that would make me feel better...I did take pictures and plan on sending them to the NYS Health Department.

• Liked — absolutely nothing!!!
  • Disliked — everything!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

This is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. Our initial impression is similar to the other reviews. The room was absolutely disgusting, my children's feet were black from walking around on the carpet with no shoes. We didn't dare give them a bath in the filthy tub so we tried to hose them off with the shower. The worst part my whole family got head lice!!! I am doing what I can to get the health dept. in there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

This was BY FAR the worst place I've ever stayed in my whole life. Even the hostel I stayed in Germany with no heat and a random pack of dogs who ran around the floors at night was better.

The place smelled like cigarettes and mold and there were random and very scary looking stains throughout the room. My friends and I both agreed that we felt dirtier after we took a shower then before.

Worst of all, the door lock did not work. They (nicely) told us they didn't have any other rooms available (I can't believe they could possibly fill this roach motel to capacity). So we literally turned our roll away bed on its side and pushed it against the door, hoping that we wouldn't have any unexpected guests.

Honestly...I was half expecting to have an evening straight from "Identity" or "Vacancy". Though we all made it out alive, this motel is definitely a horror film waiting to happen.

• Liked — It was available during the Wine Touring season
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Corning, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

First of all, they had lost my reservation. When we arrived, there was no one available at the desk who could give us our room. Had to wait for 2 hours for the wife to return to get our room.
Room was absoluetly disgusting. Filthy!!! tried to get a room at another facility but nothing available. I even had the pleasure of being joined in the shower by a large cockroach!!!!!

We could not wait to get out of this place. DO NOT stay here!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filthy conditions, cockroaches, staff was terrible.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed! The room was absolutely filthy and disgusting! There was a layer of grime under the beds, including a cigarette butt even though the room was supposed to be non-smoking. The bathroom was dingy and there were even leftover soaps lurking on the top of the shower; the bug traps under the sink were charming. The microwave was crusted over with food splashes. I'd rather sleep in my car than stay here again!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — The accomodation.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

Please do not book at this hotel. It was terrible. They do not have a computer and did not have our reservation. The first room they gave us was dirty and very shabby. We asked for another room and were shown a few more in generally the same condition, and some worse, but we settled because it was late and we were tired. The odor in our "non-smoking room" room got progressively worse as the evening went on but we stayed. However, I was on the phone with the Holiday Inn at 7am begging for a room at any cost. There was no way we could stay there a second night. The young woman in the office was very helpful and understanding and did give me a refund for the 2nd night. That is the only good thing I can say about the place. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason. It was that bad.

Stayed May 2006

Been to Scottish Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!