“Love the Spa!” 4 of 5 stars

Manila, Philippines
33 attraction reviews
“Love the Spa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Visiting Sonya's and staying at the B&B is already becoming an annual tradition for me and my husband but this was the first time we tried the spa.

Let me start by saying that I've had one too many terrible scrubs. That being said, I truly enjoyed my sugar green tea scrub at Sonya's because I appreciate that they allow 20 mins for the scrub to soak in your skin while wrapped in cloth. Then they end the treatment by lathering you in lotion that's almost like a semi massage of sorts. Again, I've had a lot of scrubs to last me a lifetime and this is the first time I've had one where they even bothered to lather me in lotion with a gentle massage. It's simple, fuss free but thoughtful. My husband on the other hand had their signature massage which he also loved.

Some reviews here say that Sonya's is overrated. I don't know what you are talking about. We go every year and every year there's something new like the Apothecary. If you are only gonna have lunch and visit on a crazy busy day, I would understand why you would find it not as delightful. And not as special.

My recommendation is try Sonya's on a weekday, and stay at the B&B for the most unforgettable, and most special experience.

Also, if you're not into natural, organic, healthy lifestyle, Eco-friendly experiences then don't bother. It's obviously not for you.

Davao City, Philippines
42 attraction reviews
“delete this in your tagaytay trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Majority of sites tell us that its one of the great places to visit in Tagaytay. I considered it as part of our itinerary during the holy week considering the different reviews plus the spectacular photos of the place. Take note of the address, it is in Alfonso, Cavite and not Tagaytay. It was a long travel from Tagaytay, and theres nothing in this place. Just a small garden, no staff attended to us. We asked for a cafe to have afternoon snacks, they offered us the menu for lunch and dinner vegetable buffet. When we asked again if there's bread, or juice, or bottled water.. Again, this stuff are not available.. Its a waste of time going to this place, plus overrated wellness services.. Therefore, this should'nt part of your Tagaytay escapade..

Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
“Overrated massage services in a beautiful garden setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was really looking forward to have a good massage at Sonya's after reading reviews and blog reviews about this place and spa services. I have been trying to reach Sonya's by sending emails twice and sending an inquiry on their webpage but i have not received any reply from them till the day i arrived in Manila. I have no local number so there is no way i can call Sonya's. When we reached Sonya's Garden which was quite off from the main road, we were aghast to know that we had to wait for 3hrs in order to have our massage.

We did not want to travel all the way back for nothing so we ended staying for the massage. They would let you shower before the massage in their nice bathroom which has no door though. The massage was not what i expected, the masseuse did not give any force throughout the massage, it felt she was just wiping the oil on my body. Also, i find that there is not a need for the masseuse to be giving a massage near our breasts. I had massage in other places, but this is the only massage that would massage near the breasts area.

Anyway, the dalandan tea they served was pretty good. Just like many described in online reviews. The garden looks more serene and better at night too, just that there are mosquitos everywhere.

Visited April 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
38 attraction reviews
“Take Time Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

A trip to Sonya's Garden is very exciting. The place is not that big but your stay would mean a lot. Their food is very great, healthy as it can be. They offer big serving and I guess their buffet meal is really worth it. You will also got a chance to experience Sonya's lifestyle. Sometimes it is very important to us to relax and enjoy life. Feel the peaceful place and rekindle with yourself in this place.
For those who are commuting, ride a bus going to Nasugbu and take off Buck Estate, take a tricycle going to Sonya Garden, fare is Php 30.00.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“A delightful escape from the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Philippines is not exactly short of vegetation - palm and mango trees are everywhere. Where there is an unpaved piece of land, something would grow. But the country didn't have the formal / planned horticultural tradition (such as Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan) so everything looked a bit eclectic. Until you get to Sonya's Garden.

We arrived for lunch, and were treated to the most delightful Filipino cuisine. The salad included freshly cut leaves from the garden next door, edible petals, and a lovely dressing. The adobo dishes were lovely. Not to mention the exquisite antique tableware that served us. Very very nice.

And the stroll around the ground made the experience more delightful. Trees, shrubs and flowers were planted with care - with much harmony. A few passion flowers were in bloom and we were treated to their intricate architectural shapes. We ventured into several of the green houses - yet one doesn't find many green houses adorned with chandeliers and beautifully laid out tea tables.

Rumour has it that this garden oasis was inspired by Mrs Sonya Garcis's visits to the Royal Botanical Garden at Kew in London. What she brought back was the quintessentially informal English planting style with a very heavy dose of love, care and attention.

Visited January 2014