“Quiet weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Traviesa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cavite City
La Traviesa
You added La Traviesa to your Saves list
73, General Trias | Gen. Trias, Cavite City, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cavite City
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Quiet weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went here for an overnight stay. The room was very spacious. It had two beds and another sofa-ish bed. Not too many amenities but at least it had hot water.

The resort itself didn't have a proper restaurant area but their food is decent. Better to eat in your room than the dining area. The chicharon bulaklak and bistek were very good. Don't expect too much with the breakfast. Otherwise there's a couple of nearby malls you can head out to.

The staff were friendly but you wouldn't really need to much from them if you're not too fussy.

I'd recommend this for a quick weekend getaway. Longer than that and it would probably a bit boring. Probably also good for blocking the entire place off for functions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were friendly welcommed and nicely treated when arriving.
Unfortunately there are several points which needs huge improvement from staff side. The Hotel has no real restaurant. All tables are stand togehther in two long lines, so you can't sit apart of others unless you don't sit in one of those cottages or separate those tables yourself. The food gets prepared "somewhere" invisible. The staff of the restaurant doesn't care at all for guests and has no minimum standard of politeness and civility. Not even a friendly word or smile. Tagalog speaking people were addressed preferred.
We had to ask for the menu ourselve. Then nobody was coming to serve or to get the order so we had to leave again. The breakfast is poor and tasteless and parts of it weren't even delivered.
The room smells kind of weird but generally is neat and clean. The towelholder is almost falling from the wall and the shower-head holder as well. The window locks are far too weak and apart of that not properly mounted - those would be easy to break. The bathroom fixtures are not decalcified/descaled and the shower leaks towards the toilet on the floor. A minibar is not existing but a fridge.

The exterior design is beautiful and well taken care. The spa rooms are nice and the treatment has been well.
I asked for reducing the a/c, they offered to switch on the fan only but I explained to reduce only. 24 - 26°C for most of the people will be comfortable when laying down, but this doesn't seem to be understandable. It has to be max cold or full fan for most people. Finally I got a friendly "yes sir" but though in the end only the fan was running.

I hope improvement will take place and competent staff will be employed. If so, I would like to come again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cavite City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and I can only praise the staff for excellent customer service. Kudos to Ms. Anne and Lhen for always going the extra mile to give us a great time at La Traviesa!

The highlight of our stay here is the romantic dinner-and-dance set-up that they did for us. The room was warmly lit by tea lights, there were rose petals nicely scattered on the floor, and the temperature just cool enough to balance the heat emitted by the candles. One of the things I love about their staff is they go out of their way to get things done. Lhen, one of the officers there, was on her rest day, but still spent hours just to set up the room and didn't leave until everything was perfect. The manager, Anne, also made sure that everything was in order, and even assigned a staff to wait on us while we were having our romantic dinner. They were at our beck and call, and treated us like the most important people who ever existed. It was such a treat!

So if you want an affordable VIP treatment for you and your loved one, I highly suggest going to La Traviesa. I tried other hotels that are not even as beautiful as La Traviesa but cost an arm and a leg just to set up a decent romantic dinner.

The food was delicious and the chef really went out of his way to serve dishes that weren't on their menu. He didn't mind suggestions on how the salad should be prepared, he's very open-minded.

This review isn't enough to say how much I adore the people and the place. I'll never get tired of staying here.

The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is the water in the shower room took some time to go down, and the key card didn't work on our last night but was immediately resolved by Lhen. Other than that, it was a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Villa rooms, they're the newest ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went to La Traviesa as a final overnight trip/vacation for the kids before school opened. We were surprised to find a very green, homey and adequately staffed place like this in the hidden streets of Cavite.

We were voluntarily upgraded to a hotel room which we greatly appreciated. The room was spacious and very clean. Ambiance was great and the bathroom, which is always my favorite place is neatly equipped with hot shower and modern fixtures.

Room service was fast, and we were amazed how delicious their food was, snacks, breakfast and meals. The Videoke room was also nice, but the power supply of the player keeps shutting off after an an hour and a half of usage, so we only stayed 2 hours while enjoying dinner. They have 2 pools, 1 kiddie and 1 adult pool. Water is dependent upon the weather, hot during summer and cold at nights.

Room Tip: Rooms are great...get any room and you'll love it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Room- big,clean,interior was ok,privacy yes...
Location- a little bit far as I expected... From edsa took 1bus,mini bus.plus 2 jeepneys... Cost of P82 one way
Food- breakfast was included in the accomodation for me it was failed....
Amenities- only pool but ok
Service-lower than the average...especially in food servings
It was still good day for us...still recommended...

• Stayed June 2013
Cavite City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking at having a staycation spot in Cavite (outside Tagaytay), I highly suggest La Traviesa. Forget the Microtel Inn & Suites. La Traviesa has way better customer service, ambiance and facilities. (I stayed at the Microtel Inn once and it was very disappointing).

Why do I recommend La Traviesa?

La Traviesa has a beautifully landscaped garden, a "lovers' lane," as I call it, clean and well-maintained swimming pools, spacious and clean rooms, a couple of videoke rooms for those who love to sing.

Let's talk about the rooms. It's not your typical hotel room that is cramped up and you have to walk sideways to get to the other side of the room, has a bulk TV, and that the only thing you can do there is lay down and watch TV or bore yourself to sleep.

The rooms at La Traviesa has a LOT of space-- I'd say double of what you'd usually expect in standard or deluxe rooms. Here, you can walk around if you need to practice a speech, lounge on the wide sofa, do yoga, practice a dance routine, have a romantic dinner (yes, it's THAT spacious) or stay at the veranda to either watch the sunrise or sunset (depends on which side of the building you're at).

The color theme is not boring at all. It's warm and is very welcoming. The bathroom has decent space and elegantly designed.

I want to share more, but I'm getting tired from work. Hm... what else?

Things you can do here:

Go on a date
Swim
Take a stroll
Jog
Dine al fresco (garden or veranda)
Drink
Sing
Dance
Hold a party
Have a surprise romantic al fresco dinner (the staff will be more than happy to set this up for you)
Eat with family or friends by the pool
Chill
Propose to your girlfriend/boyfriend
Take photos (of the sunset, sunrise, the garden, of yourself, etc.)
Check out the chef's herbal garden
Do yoga
Camp out (there are tents for rent)
Do somersaults (in the room or in the garden)
Read (by the pool, in the room or in the garden)
Meditate
Have a hilot massage (it was so good I fell asleep and snored)
Learn how to swim (3-foot pool for kids and 5-foot pool for adults)
Ask for a discount when you come back ; )
Stare at the farm nearby
Observe how fast the sun sets
Watch TV
Sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed there for one night 2 weeks ago. It was the first time for us there. We booked it last minute, after looking at other Cavite resorts online. They didn't require any reservation fee or card details, although they do accept Visa and Mastercard, which we availed of. They were very accommodating on the phone, when I made the reservation just a few days before. They entertained all my questions. Their website doesn't promote all their amenities enough, so I was surprised to learn that they did have a teamaker, a small fridge, a closet, and a 40-inch LCD tv in the room. The only thing missing is a hair dryer, and I found their towel hooks/rods a bit lacking. Their bathrooms are so nicely decorated, as well as the room interiors.

I think the owner was going for an overall feel of a small & modern type of spanish/tropical/country resort, which we appreciated very much. Everywhere you look, you will be greeted by the little intricate architectural design details of the doors, windows, banisters, walkways, even the gazebos around the pools. I really hope management will not let the place go, and have periodic professional maintenance of the amenities, as well as the staff.

All the staff we spoke with were pleasant, had the right balance of being friendly but reserved, at the same time. I've just purchased a voucher from ensogo, and can't wait til we use it for some much needed relaxation time here at la traviesa.

Room Tip: choose a room on the second floor, with balcony so you could have a nice aerial view when u go outsi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Traviesa? Share your experiences!