You added Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park to your Saves list
Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Covelandia Road | Binakayan, Kawit, Cavite City, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cavite City
Paranque
“OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Before my family and I went here for day tour, I made a thorough research. I asked an officemate what the ambiance like, and he told me it was 'OK' and it is more of a family / barkada / masa type of resort. Well, and so we came with low expectations..and indeed..it is for 'masa'. It is very ironic that there is a large poster at the entrance of oceana waterpark that advices the proper swimming attire, and yet I could count on my fingers the number of people wearing such. Almost all are on their t-shirts and worse, some are even on their i-just-got-out-of-the-house attire...geez..

And then, there's the food. Way overpriced for the quality. 'Ate at Sangley Point (buffet) and was surprised that they only serve buffet appetizer and dessert but they serve set main course, which I thought at first was ok..but then we barely touch our plate..almost unedible..pork was though to eat and the chicken(looks like chicken embotido) was so-so. We also ordered mais-con-hielo at Sangley point express...and suprise..an order costs 120 pesos!

Food at fishing village was better..we finished everything but again, it is overpriced.

We enjoyed the tour of the zoo that they have, especially the experience of holding an ostrich egg :) and taking a closer look at the tigers.

A lot of improvement can be done here, the place seems run down, improperly managed.

All in all the trip, like my officemate has said, was 'OK'.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have read the other reviews of this resort and I have to say that the people who gave it an average to excellent rating have VERY LOW EXPECTATIONS, CAME PREPARED and have a LOT OF MONEY.

Stayed half a day at the Oceania Swimming Pool area. Mainly stayed at the kiddie pool since it was a family outing and we had 4 kids ranging from 1- 4 years old. The good things that I have to say about Island Cove are: 1. Location - near our home since we also live in Cavite. 2. Decent swimming pools and kiddie pool.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
1. Shower rooms are hot, humid, always wet with dirty floors. There is no space for you to put your toiletries, clothes and hang your towel. Be prepared for your clean change of clothes to be a bit damp or a bit dirty during the process of showering and changing clothes.
2. Slippery floors inside and outside the shower room. Be careful when walking since you might slip, fall and crack your head open. While we were there, a toddler slipped, fell and cracked his head near the pool area.
3. Over priced food and drinks. Binalot meals (rice, viand, tomato) at Sangley Point Express cost Php 220. Brewed coffee is Php 75. Bottled water around Php 40. Since you cannot bring in food and drinks, you have no choice but to buy inside the resort.
4. No toiletries for sale. If you forgot to bring your own shampoo, conditioner and soap or ran out of tissue paper then too bad for you because they don't sell these stuff inside the resort. It is available from housekeeping IF you are checked in the hotel. If not, you have to go outside the resort to buy your stuff.

If you want to escape the summer heat, live in Cavite or nearby cities (paranaque, Pasay, las Pinas, Muntinlupa) and want to escape the summer heat, then come over to Island Cove with complete toiletries, lots of cash and minimum expectations!

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

i took the cavitex to the resort and arrived around a little past 9pm. first thing which bothered me is the lack of streetlights on the road and kids playing in the dark along the side of the road. dangerous... stayed overnight at the resort with some friends. the bike/jogger's path is ok except for the sight and smell of garbage. it would really be better if the management will clean up the piles of garbage than just let it be and keep them out only by using nets.

the staff at the oceania counter near the bike rentals feels that he is such a smart mouth but doesn't really make sense. rude person who cuts into other people's conversations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for us and my husband's guests for 4 nights. I am still in awe of how they ruined our vacation.

For an overly priced hotel, this is what we got:

First Night of Horror - the room has poor air-conditioning function, spoiled cabinet, mouldy bathroom sink with some ashes of cigarette, I didn't even want to touch the faucet. Clearly, they have never sanitized or at least clean the room properly. And this one took the biscuit, toilet bowl is clogged and can't flash.. can you imagine how in the world could this happen in a hotel? We were so tired and could knock off any moment when we reached our room, didn't even have the energy to complain. So we decided to sleep on it and ask for a transfer first thing in the morning.

Second Nightmare - We reported the problem to the front desk and we finally transferred to another room. Better than the first but still not clean enough. There are no toilet tissue rolls, nothing! I called and requested and it came the next day, how sweet! I was so fed up inside but wanted to stay cool as possible. The TV is not user friendly, we needed to call the maintenance to assist us with the TV and he himself had a hard time figuring out what went wrong. It was solved when we discover that there is a tiny button at the back of the TV that we need to switch ON (what a shame!)

Third Day of Trauma - My husband and I with his guests went to shop for some goodies to bring back to Singapore. When we reach the resort's gate, we were stopped by the security to inspect our shopping bags and they told us that we can't bring them inside otherwise, they will charge for a corkage. We explained that we are hotel guests and that we don't have intention of consuming those food inside the premises. But they still insist that we leave the goods in their counter. This is most inconvenient! We had enough. I never knew that there is stupid policy as such.

Fourth Day of Torture - I can't believe we had gone through this far. At least, we came to realize that we are a survivor type of people. Breakfast buffet was not bad but we didn't see that cracked egg shell coming with our omelet. Oh please, stop this joke.. must be a prank!! That day, we are leaving, we'll surely miss the miserable stay. But wait, on our check out, they charge us for something we never consume like bottled water and cola and needed to pay for the slippers that our guest used and the one's that was just opened from the slipper bag.. unbelievable!

This place should just be a resort or a zoo but how will I know, even a fish couldn't survive in their so-called fishing village. Just an overnight or day excursion is bearable but if you think you can stay more than that, well, think again!

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are better I guess
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been celebrating my Birthday here for the past 3 years. Its very near specially via Cavitex.Its always nice to have a dinner and some fun at the pool afterwards. We usually take 4 rooms at the lower level ( turn right from the lobby ) we even play housekeeping and knock knock food delivery so we make sure that no one is staying on that same hall otherwise we would be an annoyance for them while we run to each others room xchanging chips and chocolates and buckets of kfc which we always sneak in hahaha (not a good example so sorry ). the rooms are big and airconditioning is good. Staff are friendly. I enjoy the pool within the hotel instead of the big one which is 1 shuttle ride away (free) lastly the seafood resto is nice but a pricey. But then its my Birthday so its OK.

• Stayed September 2012
philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

the media noche or new year's eve package was attractive. overnight stay, media noche buffet dinner, fireworks, buffet breakfast, use of oceania swimming pools, gift. rooms were okay, though a bit musty (we were billeted a rm 103 of the hotel), menu for the dinner was quite impressive but the taste was nothing to die for, and that includes breakfast. the service made up for all the shortcomings. clearly, the strength and selling factor of the property is its manpower. very pleasant, very accommodating, courteous and ready to please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tracy, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I don't have much to say about Island Cove but to tell the truth I love the place because its close to any place you want to go and the area is safe most important especially you have your family with you.I'm just an ordinary person and understand about the hardship for employee who work to this hotel.LIKE they say NOBODY'S PERFECT.I only have a small complain and this really very im portant to me as a senior citizen.Their not giving any dis-count to SENIOR CITIZEN. . I stay in room 119,142,143

Room Tip: I will inform the the travelers Island Cove not giving any dis-count to SENIOR CITIZEN and the rent...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park? Share your experiences!