“Great rooms, mediocre food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park

You added Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park to your Saves list
Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Covelandia Road | Binakayan, Kawit, Cavite City, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cavite City
Manila, Philippines
“Great rooms, mediocre food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My company treated us here last Aug 25-26. The place is really near Makati. It just takes roughly 45 minutes - 1 hour for you to get here. Island cove offers a lot of things to do: you can play billiards, basketball, soccer, go to their own Animal Farm, enjoy fishing and of course, swim in their own pools. The rooms were fantastic. The bed and the pillows were super soft. All rooms, I think, are fully equipped with cable TV. Wi-fi is only strong near the patio area but there are several wi-fi spots within the park. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

The only thing that I didn't like here was the lunch and dinner that they served. It didn't taste really nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bacoor, Cavite
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was there with my fiance on a July-August rainy season. Room/bathroom looks and smells old but linens and towels are clean (but old too). All other amenities are provided (like shampoo/soap/toothbrush/hair blower/tissue). Our room was a Veranda King-Sized bed and since it's outside sometimes you would see bugs and insects around the area. And also since it's the rainy season, whenever there is a high tide, it also overflows to the outside of the room that we had to walk within the plant boxes just to not walk on the flood. However, the high tide causes the toilet to not flush properly. We had to wait until low-tide so we can fully flush it.

However, I think this hotel is still better than other hotels I saw in Cavite. All staff were friendly and accommodating (both hotel and restaurant). But costs too much.

Room Tip: View the rooms first (if it is acceptable for you) and inform them that you need your room extra cle...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bacoor, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Never ever try to visit this resort!This resort that me and my husband trusted to organize our wedding reception ruined!my "once in a lifetime event" of our life, our wedding day! Three-weeks before my wedding day,we signed a contract from the sales dept. including all the food and a reserved room. in the middle of our celeb at around 7pm my husband told me that his cousin cannot chek-in with their reserved room that we paid already which was also clearly stated on our written contract. we have to leave our guest and went at the lobby of hotel to fix the problem since it was our guest who wants to chek-in to put their luggage and bring our 96 yr old wheelchaired grandmother in the room since she wants to rest.It took 3 hours before they gave us a room which is a reserved and paid room. our guest left already together with our photogphers which we should have a photoshoot till 9pm but the we did'nt came back at the reception because it was 10pm before the reserve room for us was given. To the staff named serene, catherine and princess, we'll just see you in the court for all the damages you gave in our wedding day! good luck!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Visited with 4 kids recently. Getting here is easy, just 30-40 minutes away from Manila, via coastal road, then Cavitex. After Cavitex exit in Kawit, take a U turn to Covelandia and in 2 minutes, you're in Island Cove. The hotel has seen better days. We stayed for a night here in 2004, and nothing much has changed except it became older. The place is huge, but everything has a price tag. Say, if you want to see Animal Island, pay Php150 per person, Php125 if you are checked in the hotel. To get to Oceania pool, please ask for a pass from the reception, otherwise, pay up. And pass is limited to number of persons in your chosen room. We stayed at a 2-BR cabana, good for 6 people. It has 2 single beds in 1 room and 1 double bed in room 2. Big ref, dining set and living room, 1 common TB. Food is strictly not allowed. This is a turn off, as food is quite pricey inside. Since the place has nothing extraordinary to offer, I think, it should be more family-oriented. Let's face it, there are many competition nearby, offering animal zoo and swimming pool, so if you are very strict on food like chips for the kids, oh well, I don't know. If you think about it, what harm would 4 bags of chips do to the resort? One thing good, though, you can request drinking water anytime.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
cubao, qc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My friends and I just had a night swimming at Island Cove. It's a good thing we went a little early in the night since night swimming at their pool was only until 10pm. No food and drinks were allowed in the pool area except if you would buy from their restaurant but you have to go all the way down to the reception area dripping to order any food available.
The place has improved a lot from the last time I set foot. It was Covelandia then. It's good that they got lots of shower cubicles. The pool water was warm and not reeking with chlorine. Tables and chairs are well provided and their lifeguard is alert and visible.
A teacher's convention from a nearby school in Binakayan were there and upon interviewing them about their accommodation, they said so far, it was good.
I just hope Island Cove can update their website.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I’m super near to this place 5mins ride in MINI BUS, before this place be fully operational to the public we always go here just to take off the heat with my family and cousin without the hassle of traveling for a long hours, this place use to be a perfect place for me to hide from all the dramas in my life in just 5mins travel but that is over when I went there and see "Graduation" of a certain school in Cavite. I mean that place should be a place where you can relax without any commotion and noises.
But the food is ok, their burger/sandwich have big serving. The 100 entrance fee is consumable so that fine with us, we can use it for buying some snacks in there canteen near the pool which is great because you can buy food easily. Oh no foods or drinks inside the pool area. Then the kiddie’s pool is so far from the main pool and to the other kiddie’s pool. So one of you have to stay and watch the kids. I haven’t try stay there for an overnight so I can’t tell if their rooms are ok or not but one thing is for sure the rooms are far from the pool, resto and bar. They have 2 hotels building in the area which one is far from the main hotel that is aside of the pool area. Now they have this huge place for graduation or some stuff that shouldn’t be doing in a restore, a hall, an open ground which is great for companies having an outing, a man size chess, bike ride and a tennis court.
On the pool area, now they have this attraction inside and outside the pool, they have a mini zoo that about 20different animal you will see a butterfly garden inside the zoo and the crocodile area. They also have now a bar that also server the food in their resto. Their foods are pricey with a little serving not like the burger in the canteen near the pool
With a 350peso (peak season) 150peso (off peak season), you can still go here just a day tour.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were here with my friends last May 5, 2012. The room gave to us was a bit old and sturdy we even asked to replace the aircondition since it did not cool our room for almost 4 hours. The good this was, I did not smell the old room, I smelled a fragrant and it was clean. The buffet was superb but if you will but food, it was triple the price , for ex. binalot express food costs Php 300+ which is normally 100+, discounted use of facilities, bit of problem with the use of the oceania water park since we are not aware that we need to deposit 1000php to get towel and 30php use of towel.
Parking was spacious and staff were friendly. Wifi free area and faster net on lobby. The downside is , the lake around has full of trash and bit foul odor but over all it was average for the price.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the lobby side, it is more convinient.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park? Share your experiences!