“the baguio experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Mountain Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Blue Mountain Hotel
You added Blue Mountain Hotel to your Saves list
Marcos Highway, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“the baguio experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had our trip to baguio october 5 and 6 2012 and we stayed in this hotel. Requested for the mountain view and luckily there is one available. Upon entering we checked the cleanliness of the room of course and it was ok. I am hoping they can improve the sheets and maybe put some downy so it would smell nice. I would give this hotel a ten for cleanliness if not for the sheets. Great value for money. We paid 896 something per night and it was really hard to look for a hotel that has a rate for a budget conscious family like us. We had had fried rice, eggs and longanisa for breakfast and paid like 150 pesos.Great thing about it as well is that there are convenience stores near the place and an internet shop. If you are going out to visit places it will just take a few minutes and you will find a ride right away coz taxi's pass by very often. Thank you blue mountain. It was an experience. I miss baguio already.....ahhh....

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for mountain view...it's not worth the stay if you don't wake up in the morn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Blue mountain hotel is definitely dedicated for backpackers who just want a place to sleep and explore the city of pines. Affordable rooms for as low as 600+. The room that I got includes 2 beds which is good for 4 for only 895 per night. Hot and cold shower and cable TV is included. Kitchen utensils available upon request. The security however is not that strict as people come and go without being checked. so better not leave your valuables behind. But it is still one of the best budget friendly hotels in Baguio. Location is quite good as it is located along Marcos Highway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had a room facing the highway. Buses, jeeps, trucks, and cars could be heard throughout the day passing by. The room size and amenities was just right i guess for the price we paid. There were lots of people going in & out of the hotel, without being checked or screened by the staff at Reception, no security at all. There was also a grocery store and a Korean restaurant outside the hotel just in case you didn't like the food in the small eatery inside the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a mountain view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Caloocan City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

It's my second time in Baguio but since my first trip was work-related, I didn't get enough time to roam around Baguio. My husband and I decided to visit since we still haven't had our "honeymoon" and it's also our very first "couple's trip". I've been searching for a hotel that has a nice view, good value for money and great accommodation but definitely not a five-star hotel since we're going to spend most of the time outdoors. Just a secure, nice place to stay. Good thing I browsed on this site and found different, interesting hotels. I read some reviews about this hotel and I thought this is the one for us. I immediately SMS Mark Robles to book for a mountain view room for 2 but at that time, all mountain view rooms were fully-booked. The only available room was a mt view room for 4. Mark was very nice to offer that for a lesser price just to accommodate us so I immediately grabbed the opportunity and book it.

We checked in early at the hotel and the staff were very nice to accommodate us. The location is great since it was just 2-5minutes away from the terminal and 5 minutes away from the town proper (Session road). There is a hotel restaurant near the lobby and there is also a convenient room beside it. The room was very neat and spacious with a mini-table and a cable TV. The bathroom was big and very clean with hot and cold shower. But what I really loved about this room was the breath-taking view from the veranda and I think it is the best thing here. Our room is located at the 3rd floor of the hotel and just one floor away from the roof top where you can have a different look at the the view. I wish their blanket could have been bigger and thicker since it was very cold at night but apart from that, our stay was a very nice experience. I will definitely come back here with my family.

Room Tip: Choose mountain view rooms in 3rd floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I tried so hard to like Blue Mountain but I can't like a hotel with a bathroom that smells and sheets, a flimsy blanket and pillows that have seen better days. I had to book an overnight room for my mother and sister for an emergency during the new year and Blue Mountain looked like it gave value for money. The staff who answered my calls was very accommodating and booked me immediately. My mother arrived ahead of me and my sister and they kindly let her in the room to rest while waiting for us.

The room was clean but we almost gagged at the smell coming from the bathroom. It was clean but the smell lingered and no amount of spraying on our part could make it better. The room also smelled stale. Also, I understand it was a budget room but I wish they could have provided thicker blankets for their guests. My mother was freezing despite closing all the windows.

I guess you get what you pay for but maybe for a little bit more care from the owners, update their facilities - or even just clean the rooms a little better and improve the bed linen - guests could definitely come knocking at their doors in droves. This hotel is very accessible from transportation and has a great view. It has the potential to be a good place to stay or a seedy one due to neglect.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cavite City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

nice room choose mountain view, basic service ok lang mabait and friendly sila sa bata, cozy friendly staff. easy access to city proper just ride jeep tapos pabalik ride jeep going to bakakeng.. or just taxi ride for 50 pesos to sm baguio...

Room Tip: choose mountain view just call to reserve
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Marikina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I, my boyfriend, my brother, and 2 other friends stayed here from Jan 7-10. Prior to our vacation, I have researched for a good and secure place to stay in Baguio. I knew we wouldn't be needing a 5-star hotel to stay at as we often go to various places outdoors each time we go to Baguio. Fortunately, I happened to see the good reviews on this site so immediately had my reservation taken by Mr. Mark Robes through a text message. I booked a room for 3 and another one for 2. What I liked about their service was since the peak season was already over and there were a lot of available rooms they could offer, what they gave me was a room for 4 where I, my bf, and my brother stayed and a room for 3 where our 2 friends stayed. On top of that, they only made us pay as if we had used rooms for 3 and for 2 respectively.

As soon as we stepped into the hotel, I noticed the cleanliness of the facility. there were CCTVs at the reception area where the person-in-charge monitored the movements from the 2nd and 3rd floors. On the 2nd floor where our friends stayed, there was a table where you could borrow some spoons, forks, cups, and plates. There was also a water dispenser so we didn't have to buy bottles of water at the mini grocery beside the hotel. On the 3rd floor where I, my bf, and my brother stayed, there was a mini lobby which displayed a handful of awards and plaques that the owner's father probably received for being a golf enthusiast. Next to the 3rd floor was the rooftop where you could watch the sunrise and have a drinking session with your buddies at night (if you could take the temperature!).

The rooms that we chose were facing the mountains so we didn't have to worry about the sound of the vehicles passing by the road on the other side of the hotel. Our room had a big glass window and affront it was a terrace. The view from the terrace is very remarkable specially as the sun rises and you see the thin fog across the mountains.

Our stay at the Blue Mountain Hotel was very pleasurable and I would definitely choose to stay in this hotel when we go back in Baguio.

Room Tip: Mountain View-rooms are the catch!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Mountain Hotel? Share your experiences!