“must try in baguio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Cafe - CLOSED

Bliss Cafe
Hotel Elizabeth, Gibraltar St. corner J.Felipe St. | SE of Burnham Park, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines
074 6190367
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Manila, Philippines
“must try in baguio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

before we went to baguio, me and my other half searched for local restaurants we can try instead of eating in usual fastfood chains or at the mall. then we found bilss cafe. it is located inside hotel elizabeth (just ask the taxi driver to drop you off there). the interior is very nice and personalized, something new in our eyes (make sure you bring your camera. haha!). tried their veggie chicharon, 'no oink' sisig, veggie burrito, choco tablea and crepe. kinda expensive but we fell in love with the chicharon, choco and crepe! will come back for those next time :) just be reminded that this is a vegetarian cafe so if you're a meat lover (like my hubby), don't expect to be that full after eating.

my stats:
location - kinda hard to find so hire taxi (for commuters)
ambiance - interior is great + music is relaxing
food - choco tablea, crepe, veggie chicharon (don't forget these)
service - staff is attentive and friendly; Jim gave us a knitted bracelet as a token (thanks! :))
price - for the ones we ordered, we spent php600+ i think

overall, it's still a must try in baguio! :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Manila, Philippines
“Veggy good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family had lunch at Bliss Cafe and we immediately fell in love with the place. Chef Shanti was very helpful and Mel the waitress was friendly and attentive. We went there with our kids and I was worried they won't like vegan food but to my delight, my sons loved the food. We had leaning tower (carbonara), sisig, veggy chicharon, pesto pasta, sunrise (rice with lumpia potato) and my favorite - no quack duck! (duck curry made of vege-meat). I would also recommend the scrambled tofu that comes with the sunshine meal. The place was so "asian-inspired" complete with relaxing music. The only downside I could mention is that they do not accept credit cards and it would help if they would have a computer or cash register to compute bills since the owner "Jim Ward" was the one manually computing the bills. (difficult especially for senior citizens' discount). But overall, we had a wonderful experience and definitely we would be coming back.

Baguio City, Philippines
“When a carnivore is scared to eat here, Bliss is THAT good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I love Bliss Cafe since I discovered it in 2004. From the ambiance to the food taste, to the guilt-free eating spree, even of dessert. However, I haven't written any review here since I might sound like I need my own blog of appreciation. Instead, I would bring friends to try out the cafe.

On August 7, 2012, I brought a friend. Not only was he a true-blue Cordilleran (loves to eat meat) but he also didn't expect how the place was. Coming from a meeting, we still had some items to discuss, and we continued over dinner. Upon coming in, he said that he felt calmer immediately. Calm enough to tell me that he'd just visited the doctor, was diagnosed with a heart problem, and needed to get off eating meat (or lessen his intake) but didn't know how. So I ordered the vegetarian chicharon (equivalent to roasted pork skin or intestines). He tasted it, thought "This is the real thing!!!" and wouldn't eat another bite. I laughed, but he was game enough to try the mock duck, and he finished off that one! =)

I've seen how other friends have reacted to the vegetarian food tasting "normal" to their taste buds. However, this was the best one I've encountered, so I wanted to share.

More power to Bliss Cafe, Jim & Shanti! Thank you for your caring & concern for our souls!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A definite recommendation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Although my father comes from Benguet it was not until I became a vegetarian that I discovered Bliss. Upon entering I immediately felt the lovely, relaxing atmosphere of the cafe and was welcomed by the friendly owner and staff.

With the wide array of dishes I found it difficult to choose as I was dining alone. However I eventually settled on the soup of the day, a Bali salad, an Indian veggie curry set which came with Indian Chai, a Bliss crepe and a Bliss ball. Happy to say that everything tasted delicious! Particular stand outs to me were the Bali salad with the honey yoghurt dressing, the piquant chutney that came with the curry, and of course the Bliss ball. I've never tasted anything like the Bliss ball before and it truly was bliss with each bite.

Several days after I returned to order takeaway food for my journey back to Manila. This time I went with Filipino food as I myself have no idea how to prepare vegetarian versions. I have never been a fan of pretend meats or meatloaves, which I why I decided against the sisig, but the energetic embutido was to die for! Best ever fake meat dish I have had, hands down, and also in a way made me regret not trying their sisig. This time I got not one but six Bliss balls and devoured them all myself.

From now on I think I will be a regular at Bliss every time I go back to the Philippines. Not only is the food delightful, the service is also excellent.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quezon City
“Bliss is True Food Made from the Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Celebrated my 9th year as vegetarian here the other day. Food was amazing and I enjoyed the loving energies shared by the chef and owners Shanti and Jim! I love the feel of the place with interfaith resources and materials. The eclectic art and cool laid back music made my visit a delightful dining experience.

• Visited July 2012