“A definite recommendation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Cafe - CLOSED

Bliss Cafe
Hotel Elizabeth, Gibraltar St. corner J.Felipe St. | SE of Burnham Park, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines
074 6190367
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A definite recommendation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Although my father comes from Benguet it was not until I became a vegetarian that I discovered Bliss. Upon entering I immediately felt the lovely, relaxing atmosphere of the cafe and was welcomed by the friendly owner and staff.

With the wide array of dishes I found it difficult to choose as I was dining alone. However I eventually settled on the soup of the day, a Bali salad, an Indian veggie curry set which came with Indian Chai, a Bliss crepe and a Bliss ball. Happy to say that everything tasted delicious! Particular stand outs to me were the Bali salad with the honey yoghurt dressing, the piquant chutney that came with the curry, and of course the Bliss ball. I've never tasted anything like the Bliss ball before and it truly was bliss with each bite.

Several days after I returned to order takeaway food for my journey back to Manila. This time I went with Filipino food as I myself have no idea how to prepare vegetarian versions. I have never been a fan of pretend meats or meatloaves, which I why I decided against the sisig, but the energetic embutido was to die for! Best ever fake meat dish I have had, hands down, and also in a way made me regret not trying their sisig. This time I got not one but six Bliss balls and devoured them all myself.

From now on I think I will be a regular at Bliss every time I go back to the Philippines. Not only is the food delightful, the service is also excellent.

• Visited February 2012

Quezon City
“Bliss is True Food Made from the Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Celebrated my 9th year as vegetarian here the other day. Food was amazing and I enjoyed the loving energies shared by the chef and owners Shanti and Jim! I love the feel of the place with interfaith resources and materials. The eclectic art and cool laid back music made my visit a delightful dining experience.

• Visited July 2012
“Happy tummies!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The chicharon and sisig is so yummy! Enjoying the "bad" without the guilt!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went there with my boyfriend (who is usually a real meat lover) and we both loved the food so much that we came back the next day. Both times excellent vegetarian food, and one of the owners gave us some usefull tips on Baguio as well. Hope to go back there sometime.

“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a great time. Ill come back soon! Ill ask my friends to come with me. Such a nice place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere