“came here for the food” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Elizabeth Baguio
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #1 J. Felipe Street, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Baguio
Baguio, Philippines
“came here for the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

my friends thought it was nice to unwind in this restaurant. indeed, we had the best lunch of bento ever.it is an "eat all you can" at 350 pesos.the lady in charge at the restaurant was accommodating. even the waiters were nice enough to explain what the food was all about. it was our first time and we will surely go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
manila philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed in an Executive Suite

Big room for a couple like us.Comes with a a spacious living,a Kitchenette with dining set for 4pax.Hot and Cold shower in two separate restrooms,one of which with a bath tub.The Master's bedroom comes with a King sized bed.I love staying at the balcony especially in the early morning or late afternoon when the air is cool and I could go on staring at the peaceful landscape for hours.

A few seconds after checking in our room,my wife was as usual comfortably tucked to bed almost to the point of snoring.The past few weeks leading to Baguio has been very stressful for us,especially for her after losing her mom.She told me she didn't feel like going anywhere but I was able to convince her somehow to accompany me.

She agreed to come but on the condition that it's going to be a vacation for her.That means,no itineraries,no list of what to do and where to go in a short span of time.I agreed.

I think that spell the difference.I was slowed down.First,by my wife,then by the Hotel itself,for making me feel that I don't have to look somewhere else to enjoy Baguio,that Hotel has a magic embrace that tells its guests to slow down and be at peace.

My wife's cousin and his wife visited us at the hotel and we had dinner together at Flora Cafe over Halloween themed treats.They really enjoyed the dinner,not just because of the good food but also because of the ambiance of the resto.It was a weened and a band was playing that night adding to the romantic feel of the place.

I managed to go out that night and meet my cousin downtown.We walked around and eventually ended up at Zola along Session road to gulp a couple of bottles of beer.I was a bit tipsy afterwards but going back to the hotel was never a hassle as it is only 60-70 pesos away from Session Road via taxi with a flag down rate of 40php.I was back in no time.

Back at the hotel,my wife and her cousin were watching a horror movie at Flora Cafe.The hotel thought of converting one section of the Cafe into a viewing room,where guests could enjoy watching movies over a big projector.One can do this after a weekend meal at the restaurant.We were supposed to go out that night to meet my cousin downtown,but when my wife learned of the viewing room,she immediately changed her mind and let me go out alone.Since it was almost All Saints Day,the movie they was was also Halloween themed.I reckon they consumed a lot of chips from the restaurant. :)

Did I mention that Hotel Elizabeth Baguio is one of the most sought after venue for events?Yes it is.They are always fully booked on weekends.So if you are planning to have your wedding reception of birthday debut here on a December for example,better have your reservations a year before.

Nothing beats Baguio when it comes to ambiance,the cool weather,the pine trees,all adds up to a positive change in mood and mindset.I remember going here when I was younger coz I wanted to feel being in a completely different place.I even pretended at times that I am in another country.

Dressing up in layers and donning a scarf to complete the costume charade helps in the make believe.That until going to Baguio has become habitual it didn't feel any different anymore.Baguio lost it's appeal to me.Fast forward 2012 and it's Paradise regained.

Thank you Hotel Elizabeth for making me fall in love with Baguio again. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jean F, Owner at Hotel Elizabeth Baguio, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging review of Hotel Elizabeth!

Best,
Luzon, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My mother and I recently went to Baguio City for 2 nights and 3 days and stayed at Hotel Elizabeth (my second stay in this hotel). Like it's name :-), the hotel exudes charm and coziness as soon as you step in its lobby. With warm and accommodating staff, you will not like a stranger in this beautiful and cool mountain city. The location is just right for those who wants a quiet corner in Baguio. And yet very near and accessible to all of Baguio's main attractions. Looking out of the hotel room window or from the balcony , one can see and smell the pines, appreciate the colorful flowers and feel the cool and fresh mountain air. Don't forget to experience the hotel cuisine. We had this uniquely done Herb Soup, mouth-watering Pork Adobo Overload, Pinakbet sa Palayok (a mix of fresh vegetables and pork cooked to perfection in a palayok or earthen cooking pot) and you can also try its Loaded Chicken Tinola which is different but just as yummy from how we do it at home. Dine at the Flora Cafe or the Piano Bar or have the food delivered to your room. As for sleep, I had a wonderful quality time of it. All can be still and quiet by the time one dozes off to dreamland. Thanks to this super nice hotel, our stay in Baguio was very memorable.

Room Tip: The room I had a few years ago and the one just recently were on different sides (facing front and b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gabrielle T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elizabeth Baguio, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Lilibeth,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us and also the sights of Baguio City.

We are also glad that you enjoyed the food in our Flora Cafe and Piano Bar. We will make sure to relay your comments to our F & B department.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Gabrielle Talan
Corporate PR Officer
Bulacan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you're not familiar with Baguio, the location is quite hard to find. Upon reservation, the staff were really polite and a follow up call a week before my reservation was unexpected, just to make sure that I don't miss the date, a very nice gesture. Love the location though if you're travelling on a public transportation, you have to walk a short distance for a jeepney ride . I was surprise to see a "TABO" in the bathroom, a very FILIPINO way. The staff were all approachable and very much accomodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gabrielle T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Elizabeth Baguio, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Greetings Ma evall P,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel! We are grateful for your feedback and pleased that our staff was able to serve you in a satisfactory manner.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Baguio and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Gabrielle
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our trip was sudden. It should have been only me for the seminar but hubby and I decided to make the most of it since it would last until our little girl's 8th birthday.

It turned out an EXCELLENT vacation. Ace Banabana, a good friend, offered that we stay in Hotel Elizabeth. We really liked the hotel's location and ambience. It's at the center of the city and very much accessible to all target areas. The facade alone was impressive!!!
The services superb, with polite and accommodating staff...The room offered to us was very relaxing that my hubby and kids would rather stay inside than go around the city...super busog pa sa variety of foods with scheduled fusion buffet!!! I love HEB!!! I'll be staying there every time i visit Baguio.

Room Tip: choose a room on the higher floor...more views to be seen there!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jean F, Owner at Hotel Elizabeth Baguio, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello Chona,

I am grateful for the kind words and happy to know that you enjoyed your mini-vacation at Hotel Elizabeth Baguio with your husband.

We are proud of our team especially our Resident Manager, Ace. Do know that we appreciate your feedback and we will definitely let them know that they made a difference, albeit brief, in your travels.

Jean
calfornia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

stayed here with my wife for 1 night. check in was fine but the 2 beds were hard as a rock. i jumped up and down on the bed and the mattress didnt even move. it hurt my back and i stayed up all night just watching tv. complained to the manager the next morning but she told me to fill out a complaint card. unless they do a complete makeover and have beds that u can actually sleep on, i wil never stay there again. u might as well sleep on the floor and get the same comfort. also in the middle of the night, there is a banging on my door and one of the male staff is bringing me food that i didnt order. then he said, im sorry i have the wrong room. give me a break dude. i prefer the manor at camp john hay but dont eat at that restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Darren,

I hope Gabbie from Communications has emailed you regarding your experience last 2011 with us. We appreciate your feedback as well as your opinions and we do hope that you will allow the Hotel Elizabeth Baguio team to turn your impression of the hotel into a positive one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Was able to get a suite for half the price, the room was huge with 2 shower and toilet. Great view of lots of pines near mines view, the only drawback is there's really nothing much to do. Do not get the suite on a regular rate!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hotel Elizabeth Baguio? Share your experiences!