“Excellent Hotel- hotel veniz... 3D/2N stay in baguio Php10000 for 2 person” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Veniz

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Veniz to your Saves list
Hotel Veniz
One Abanao St., Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Baguio
Manila
“Excellent Hotel- hotel veniz... 3D/2N stay in baguio Php10000 for 2 person”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

Hotel Veniz is a great place to stay. We stayed here from Dec.17, 2009 until Dec. 19,2009. They have a nice bedroom that is so comfortable that you and your partner would feel like staying there and would not want to go back to manila. They have delicious Buffet for our breakfast, however this is only free for the first day of stay and discount for the succeeding breakfast. The location of this hotel is also great, because the burnham park is just across the street. you can also walk to SM baguio from this hotel. Also, there are a lot of malls around this hotel. The standard room is affordable. We stayed there on a seasonal basis and it only cost us 1800+ per night. good facilities, a standard room would have a hot/cold shower with a big mirror and a hair blower in it. They also provide us 2 towels, 2 hand towel, and a floor mat in the bathroom. The bathroom is clean, We really feel that we are pampered in this hotel. They also have a cabinet with a safe in it that is easy to use and it is so reliable that we even left all our valuables in it and it is perfectly safe. They have a free WiFi connection, too bad that my partner and i were not able to bring our laptop to try it out. they have a lounge area in the hallway, where you can spend your time looking outside the balcony. but of course, the view are buildings, not mountains. and the lobby is nice, they have soft sofas where you can sit comfortably. they have warm and nice people. Ah, you also need to pay an additional Php 510 when you check in, it is just a deposit which you can refund when you check out. Also, you will need to pay the whole amount of stay before the key and remote control will be given to you. Well it is nice that they ask you to pay ahead so that you won't worry that you can spend it on other things. Uhm, what else? The place is accessible, you will just ride a taxi from victory liner to get there, the taxi will only cost around Php 35-40 too cheap isn't it. and if you want to explore the other tourist spot aside from the burnham park across the streets. You will just have to walk to Mabini St. to ride a jeep up to the mines view. Php 10 is the fare up to Mines View and it will only take you 5- 8 Minutes to get there from the Plaza. this jeep can also bring you to other tourist spots like the botanical garden, teachers camp, and good shepherd. Also, The food here taste different from manila, We had tried that Mc Do CHicken fillet that cost Php 50 with drinks and you will love it's spicy taste that is so unlike the chicken fillet in Manila. and also if you are in the burnham park, i recommend you to eat your lunch in the restaurant inside it, i can't exactly remember it's name but if you tried biking inside the burnham park you will see a native restaurant that looks like a carinderia but taste nice. the price is reasonable i swear, it is worth the food that you will eat. hmph what else, Inside the burnham park, there is a lake that you can try to go boating with your partner that cost Php 100 per 30-45 mins. There is also a strawberry taho that taste so sweet that you can't find here in manila, i think that cost Php 20 but they give it for Php15. what else Biking cost Php 35 an hour. and there are alot of key chain that range from Php 10 to 35 each. The only thing that you would not want to do in baguio is to void in the public restroom, Especially in SM. So if i were you, try not to drink much while your walking inside the Sm. I hate the cubicle there a lot. The movie house is like the movie house in manila no it is like in SM southmall to be specific, well better bring a jacket if you would want to go to the balcony for sight seeing because it is really chilly especially at night. the best way to go to baguio is to ride Victory Liner. Fare from Kalookan is Php 430 one way, a 6-7 hours of travel. I don't know how much it is in their other terminal. But if you think that is costly. you would also want to ride from recto/ avenida terminal using Genesis. they told us that it cost 350 one way. but i recommend you to ride victory liner, they have 3 stops from kalookan to baguio so you will not worry about getting hungry or voiding. Ah, the cubicle in the Gran Prix stop, somewhere in tarlac i think, is also not a good place to void, but it it convenient if you feel emetic because the smell of it's cubicle would make you want to throw up. Uhm, to end my review having a Php 10000 budget will be sufficient for a 3D/2N stay in baguio for 2 person. But even if you have Php 8000, you can still enjoy it because we only spent 8000 for our whole 3D/2N trip... the other Php2000 was spent for souvenirs and watching avatar.... that 's all thank you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Virginia Beach, Va., USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

Clean rooms, Service with a smile staff, Get more than my money's worth. My family feel like we are very welcome. No problem encountered on five nights stay.
Hotel location is just a walking distance to the market, burnham park .etc.
Highly recommend to anyone visiting Baguio City.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

Right downtown Baguio, the hotel is part of a shopping center; to get to the parking garage you have to walk up stairs, across the crowded shopping center hallway, past the McDonalds, down two flights of stairs into the basement, etc. With bags this can get tiring.

The hotel elevator (yes, there is only one for 6 floors) kept getting stuck on the 5th floor, and since we were on the 6th floor, meant that we had to walk downstairs to whack the elevator doors shut to go down. When we DID reach the lobby, there were 20 people standing there looking at us, waiting for it.

The lobby is a very hectic place, many people walking around, noise from the traffic outside, etc. The neighborhood is pretty hectic and noisy too. Kind of a place to stay on business. Wifi worked on each floor, but only if you were near the router on the wall. We couldn't get a signal in our room, which is why we often saw people sitting on the sofas near the elevator with their laptops.

I guess it was an okay place for what we got, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

We got the Standard room for P1600. It was so worth it! It has what a hotel should have. Unilke some cheap hotels that looks like a normal room. If you are looking for a cheap place in Baguio, this hotel is the best for you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

hotel veniz.... great place to stay, the staff are so friendly, the rooms are great, relaxing place to stay while your in baguio... thanks a lot hotel veniz

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

My friend and I decided to go to Baguio over the long weekend (Eid al-Fitr 2009) without much planning. It would be my first time, so I had no idea which hotels would offer affordable and satisfactory accommodations. I was okay to stay at a dorm-type transient lodging, but my friend who pretends to be "low maintenance" (but is actually the opposite) is another concern (LOL). One friend suggested a number of hotels, but we chose Hotel Veniz mainly because of their promo of PHP1190 for a twin-sharing room per night (we were also traveling on a very tight budget, and my priority was to find a reasonably priced accommodation where we could just lodge our luggage and our exhausted selves after a day tour).

Anyway, I was getting really excited by the time we arrived at the Victory Terminal as it was my first time in the city of Pines, and as soon as our taxi made a turn at the street next to Session (Harrison, if I remember correctly), the excitement escalated seeing that our hotel was at the center of it all - the parks, the markets, the busy Session road, etc.

We arrived at around 7:30 AM, which was way too early for the usual check-in time of 2PM, so the staff advised us to leave our luggage (which they secured) and just call/return after lunchtime. Our early tour of Baguio followed, which I enjoyed so much!

After covering nearly half of the places we planned to visit and a filling lunch at Burnham's Solibao resto, we returned to the hotel, where the staff assisted us to our room. I was very tired that afternoon since we had not slept since the other night, and I just wanted to rest for few hours before our first night-out. On our way up, I was imagining our room to have boring, white walls, fluorescent lighting, mismatched curtains, bedsheets, and blankets, maybe a small TV, and an adjacent bathroom with leaks and a defective heater...the likes of rooms you'd get in Puerto Galera (haha). Well, it was all I didn't expect it to be. The room had nice interiors, energy-efficient and cozy lighting (with individual switches, so we could switch-off those that were not in use), a flat screen TV with cable channels, desks / counters, and a phone. The beds were made up with fresh, clean sheets that smell really good. There's also a spacious closet and safe to store one's cash, important documents, bling-bling, and what-not. The bathroom was clean and they had provided clean towels and rugs, which could be replaced daily, and most importantly, had a shower with a working heater! We'd rather not carry our laptops with us on this trip for security concerns, so we were not able to test the hotel's free wifi.

You might ask, "What about the most critical of all - customer service?" Well, the staff was very accommodating. They quickly and patiently responded to my very particular friend's requests (extra pillows, new towels, etc) and questions, and having worked in the service industry for years, both of us find it really exceptional! My only complaint is that there was no elevator access to our floor (4F), so we had to either get off at the 3rd or 5th floor, and take the stairs en route. I didn't have time to ask, since I was okay to take the stairs anyway, but prospective hotel guests, permanently or temporarily incapacitated, or those who'd simply find climbing up and down the stairs inconvenient might call it out as a concern.

Finding a nearby place to eat was not a problem. Local and fast-food restaurants are everywhere. There's also a small grocery and prepaid card stalls conveniently located at the building's mezzanine. Again, the hotel is at the center of a pulsating city, so one could reach Burnham and the smaller parks, Session Road, the famous ukayan, and the markets by foot. Getting a ride was not taxing, as jeepney terminals are at a walking distance. Honest and friendly cab drivers take you to other places along Easter, Tacay, and Asin Roads frequented by the more artsy and adventurous Baguio tourists.

Given the 2 1/2 days we spent in Baguio, we didn't get to do everything we planned to do. Nevertheless, I was charmed by this experience and will definitely come back soon. I say the hotel staff did a very great job in making our stay a great one. I hope this review reaches thousands of other tourists looking for comfort and great value for their money. I've made this my hotel of choice and will recommend this to my friends.

Marlon

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

We were 5 adults, 1 teen-ager, and 1 baby. We got Suite No.605. with a balcony overlooking Burnham Park on one side, the street below on the other. There were enough clean towels for all, enough toilet supplies, instant coffe and hot water, cable TV, and a small ref for the beer. The staff from reception to housekeeping, to restaurant and parking were attentive and respectful, well trained in the hospitality business. I'd recommend Veniz Hotel to friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!