“Minimalist. Location Great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Baguio
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Minimalist. Location Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel facing Burnham Park.
Though this is in the middle of the busiest street in Baguio, the hotel is safe.

There is even a fast food joint at the ground floor of the hotel.

But consider this hotel as an average.

Room Tip: The place is quite busy at the ground floor. But safe.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Hotel Veniz. I tried to ignore those negative feedbacks before coming to this hotel. Unfortunately, I have the worst hotel experience here, in this country. My bad experience below: 1. No hot shower, the heater was already spoiled before we check in. Their only solution was a mobile water heater which I have to carry a pail of cold water out at the bedroom and heat til it boil and then I have to carry back to the bathroom. Terrible, feel like I was in a Kampong instead. The next day, I told the hotel staff that I will be out the whole day, and told them to fix the heater in the toilet, I came back in evening, the heater is still not fixed and no explanation was done!

2. We found a small cockroach on our pillow.
3. No room service was done to clean the room, clear our rubbish, replace our bath towels and provide toilet roll, shampoo and toothpaste. We called the housekeeper and was told that we have to tell them earlier! However, we were not informed earlier..
4. We went for their buffet breakfast at 8.30am, expecting to finish our meal by 9am to plan ahead by our schedule.unfortunately, we got there, clean plates, fork and spoon ran out! We have to wait for ABT 10minutes for the culteries. We couldn't find seats during the breakfast as the staff were not efficient clearing the tables that I have to clear the used plates myself!
5. No proper accesibility to our room on the 4th Flr.

Overall, I didn't have a comfortable stay at all, and spoil the experience of the trip in Baguio! The staff are not proactive to address our problems. My hotel experience for budget stay in China, Tibet, bangkok, Indonesia,cape town, Mauritius even meet a.basic hotel standard.

Unfortunately, the lack of a proper hot shower and staff duties put hotel to only 1 star rating!

• Stayed December 2014
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location very convenient, beside Burham Park on Albano Road and with some parking space at the basement. Location Easy to get transport (taxi, jeepney), near market, Session Road. Room not that great, but of good size and everything work, just not new. Breakfast buffet quality had gone down, specially their coffee, even the coffee shop coffee taste bad and before they serve very good coffee! Bell service good, friendly and helpful but front desk staff need training, no smile, not helpful, slow and non pro. This was a very good hotel before but now at most a average hotel in a good location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is conveniently located close to the end of Session Road, across the wet market, restaurants, taxis, and jeepneys. We got the room at the sixth floor overlooking Burnham Park. Although the room was away from the elevator, wi-fi was still strong and had the window view overlooking the park. There were two different conference groups staying at the hotel at that time so our room situated away from the elevator lobby was a plus - quiet and away from hallway traffic. Staff were efficient - from the guard who directed us to a parking spot, the attendant who brought our luggage from the garage to our room, and the front desk receptionist who accommodated us.
Though outdated, the room, the bathroom, and the linen/towels were clean. Toiletries were provided, but no hair conditioners. The free buffet breakfast was plentiful and delicious. It had the western and local foods, so you had the choice of eating whatever pleases you. We went for breakfast around 6:30am and the buffet room was full and available tables were mostly taken within minutes.
Very well pleased with our accommodation and will stay here again on our next trip back to Baguio. And if you're bringing your car, free parking is a huge plus.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
houston,texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Veniz in Baguio City, Philippines was an excellent choice. We were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their attentiveness to our needs.The breakfast was what we enjoyed most. They served native Filipino dishes that we haven't eaten for awhile. It's certainly much better than the typical cereal and doughnut that we are so accustomed to in most American hotels. The price of this hotel is very reasonable considering its easy accessibility to everything including the Macdonald's, the supermarket, the night market and the Burnham Park. We definitely recommend this hotel to tourists and we'll book again next time we visit Baguio.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is located near Session Road and other tourist destinations, and taxis were abound so no problems with getting around encountered. The room we got was nice, worth the price. The bathroom has no bidet so I was disappointed a little bit. Toiletries were provided so no need to bring your own. The buffet breakfast was unfortunately lacking. The selection was minimal, and the taste so-so. Would still choose this hotel again though, if only for the affordability and location.

• Stayed November 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Hotel veniz has never failed me from the efficient staff, perfect location, and comfortable room. Veniz has it all from being near city, SM Mall, Burnham park, government facilities, night market, and other shopping areas. Even though there is only one elevator, changing floors is easy using the stairs. Also there is 2 exits that I know of to get you around, the 1st floor and 3rd floor. The hotel's 3rd floor connects to the main walkway which takes you around Abanao Square, and hotel 1st floor has a main road to catch taxi and Jeepney. They do take a Php 500 when you check in but return it when you check out, unless you incure expenses like room service. They always listen to my request such as getting the top floor or lower floor. The only draw back is the breakfast which is not western friendly and after 2 days even though I am filipino, I got tired of it. The breakfast is buffet style however the staff are slow to respond in refilling the food, coffee, and milk. They cook eggs at the end of the line, but they use to much oil. My over easy eggs was so oily and unappetizing. I am not too pick in breakfast so some bread, coffee, and cereal is enough for me. Overall I enjoyed Hotel Veniz and will keep coming back to this hotel when I return back to baguio.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!