“Centrally located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 hotels in Baguio
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Centrally located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

we had our stayed here March 2013.
1. Very good location (burnham park, terminal of jeep, night market in session road etc)
2. Good accommodation, although wifi was so slow inside our room (6th floor). We need to go outside (6th floor lobby) for a strong wifi
3. Old bldg and room but not scary compared to others
4. Delicious buffet bfast that was inclusive on our payment.
5. Nice room. Like a typical room type hotel but and an old type bed.

• Stayed March 2013

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is one of the best choices to stay when in Baguio, its near Burham park and just a walking distance to the famous " night ukay-ukay" of Baguio. Your accommodations comes already with breakfast to get you going in your days activity whether business or vacation. Rooms are clean and cozy. Its located in a area where there is a lot of foot traffic but who cares its in the center of the city, near malls and parks. I don't know if they have a parking space, just check with their customer service (for those going up with private cars), since I travel to Baguio always by bus. Definitely worth going back and staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Quezon City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been to this hotel at least 3-4 times for the last 3years and my experience tells me that if you want Baguio City in its real form you have to stay in this hotel because of its convenience to the citys main attractions. We normally go Baguio from Manila by vehicle and Veniz parking (which is terribly difficult in Baguio city) really help. Apart from its close proximity to Market, Session rd and Burnham, the hotel's facilities like WIFI, and breakfast buffet is acceptable in my standards. Hotel staff seems accomodating specially in carrying our bags and pasalubong to and from the parking hotel which is in the basement. Overall, convenience to almost any place in Baguio City is the reason why we kept of coming back to this reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: Any toiletries or personal supplies you need is just from Groceries & supermarket at the mezzani...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
zambales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Veniz on June 15-17, 2013. Standard Room (with aircon), ok na din sa presyong Php1795 per night (with Breakfast na). Mababait ang staff. Yun nga lang 1 toothbrush, 1 pair slipper etc. Kaya don't forget to bring your own toiletries na lang.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calamba, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for 3d/2n last April for an out of town celebration of our 6th anniversary. I did some research on affordable hotels at Baguio before we decided to book at Hotel Veniz. Booking was made via email a week before the travel date,it was easy since the staff immediately replied and I also specified my request regarding the accommodation. Since we went to Baguio by bus,it took us almost 8hrs I guess before we reached the city and the reservation staff never failed to check on our time of arrival. It was easy to locate since it's near a famous attraction,it's actually in the center of the busy street. It didn't take a lot of time to check in,unlike in some hotels. A staff escorted us to the room which is a bit small but clean and the toiletries are also provided. Plus there were complimentary choco chip cookies and coffee sachets courtesy of Cafe Veniz on the small table. When I saw the window,I immediately opened it thinking I could see the view and to my surprise I saw nothing but a wall (maybe of another establishment near the hotel). The good point is the hotel's location,you can walk to check Burnham Park, Igorot Park, Rose Garden and try famous restaurants like Cafe by the Ruins, Solibao, and Sizzling Plate. Strolling does not even stop at night because you can enjoy finding cheap pasalubongs at the flea market near the hotel. :) We didn't get to enjoy much of their buffet since we're mostly outside touring the city but the breakfast we had on room service was fine. Their hot water system worked well so nothing to worry about taking your early morning bath with cold water. I commend their staff for being friendly and accommodating to us. We'll surely choose this hotel when we visit the City of Pines again! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Reaching Baguio late from Manila, hence being very tired. This is the best choice of sleeping. Hotel is kind of small and there is nothing fancy about it. Room are acceptable, size and the toiletries is provided for. Price is what you pay for, so its acceptable and what you expect of the services and quality. Located at Albanao Street, which is one of the main streets in Baguio, and a few steps to Burnham Park and Albanao Square.

Room Tip: Just get a room with a window facing Burnham Park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I went there last July 13 - 14, 2013. We just wanted to get away from Manila in a quiet, cold and relaxing place. I didn't expect Baguio to be so polluted! Worse, this hotel is in the middle of that pollution-filled city! True, it has great access to all the nice places you can dine in but that's not why you go to Baguio. You can easily find those places in Manila.
When we entered their lobby, it was so small and the smell from outside permeates the inside. My husband even said they should put some scented candles there so the smell from outside wouldn't be so bad.
We stayed in room 530. The room was really small, had a coffee maker and a hair dryer (thank God!). Carpet was filthy so my husband warned me not to go barefoot. The shower wasn't working well; there was little water coming from it. Good thing the hot water system was working.
The flat screen TV had poor reception and for you to change a channel you either had to press the button 6 times or you had to wait a full minute before you can do anything. The brand of the TV was Chong Chang (guess that explains it).
Bed wasn't so soft but it was clean so I was okay with it.
The only really great thing about it was the food. I love their buffet! There was a lot of choices.

Room Tip: If you want access to all the things you want in a City, this is a good hotel. It's near SM and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!