“Room Upgared! Just fine.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Veniz
One Abanao St., Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 45 hotels in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“Room Upgared! Just fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went to Baguio last April 25-27, 2013 for my mom's birthday. We had our reservation with this hotel thru there website, had our reservation as early as March. Reserved 3 rooms which is 2 Standard Family and 1 Superior Family. And requested if we could have 3 consecutive rooms. It was an easy reservation since they will be sending you the summary charges thru your email address and you just need to send them a copy of the deposit slip, We paid 1st night only of DP btw.

When were on our way we got phone calls from the hotel reps. confirming our reservation, we got there at 2:00PM it was hard to go down in front of the hotel since the hotel is located at the heart of Baguio city's Burnham Park.

We got there and stayed in the lobby for 30mins since were still waiting for the key to be given. By my surprise the receptionist told us that the reservation was upgaded and it was for free although we need to sign something i dont know if that was a promo or what. Instead of having 2 standard and 1 superior. Our room was upgraded to 3 superior family rooms for the same price that we need to pay. *req granted to have 3 consecutive rooms* and btw we had to deposit 500 for each kid that we had for insurance something but its refundable on the day that you will check out.

The room is okay. Nothing special. The room was cold when we got in since Baguio has a cool weather but still the room has an aircon and we still turned it on. There was no big window, non-smoking room, toiletries. I stayed with my sister in the room just me and he so the room was big for just the two of us.

The location, I don't like since its on the side of the busy streets of Baguio. You could hear the car horns from the outside. What's good about the location is that its one overpass away from Burnham Park so when we went to the Night market it was easy. I don't like the fact as well that the hotel has a commercial center on it so anyone could go inside the hotel premises. Scary. Even though they do have a separate door for you to be able to go inside the room corridor anyone could tailgate on it. So i think they should have security on the upper floors as well. Or more CCTV's.

Service was just fine. Although it takes time for a hotel personnel to go to our room they are still doing what we are requesting. There was a WIFI access on the room but the signal is so poor. were at the 3rd or 4th floor of the hotel, cant remember the exact but where Veniz Grill (hotel restaurant) is located. Wifi is good at the lobby.

Our overall experience was just fine. If i'll be given a chance i think ill go back here since the rate is cheap for there rooms.

Room Tip: Request for a room which is at the side of Burnham Park if you want to have great views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
makati city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

the hotel is very strategic because it is located just across the famous burnham park and the market but the place is too shabby. If you are a person who is so picky especially when it comes to cleanliness, i wouldnt recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is actually my 3rd stay at Hotel Veniz. We occupied a standard trio room last week of May and stayed for 4D3N. Their service is a bit deteriorating especially housekeeping but before I go to the negatives, let me itemize the positives, the reasons why I keep coming back to this hotel.
+Central location: you can walk to Burnham park, public market, session road, lots of atm machines in the vicinity. It's right in the middle of where the action is.
+Buffet breakfast: the hotel rate includes breakfast. Not really a wide variety of choices but it's filling and delicious. We usually go down for breakfast at around 8AM and the food that we ate kept us going until late in the afternoon. We would then have our lunch/dinner outside at around 4PM.
+Check in/out: front desk service was still okay considering the volume of guests they had during the week that we were in the hotel. Wait time to check in/out is tolerable.
+Confirmation call: the hotel staff called me twice to confirm if we will arrive on schedule.

Here are the things that they need to address:
-Reservation: I initially sent an email to reserve a room. After a couple of days, I decided to call the hotel since I'm not getting an email reply to my inquiry/reservation. The girl I spoke with said that they received my email but perhaps overlooked it. Argh... She then reserved a room for us and gave a confirmation number. I specifically said that we will be checking out late at around 9PM and I am willing to pay their late check out fee. When we checked in, the front desk officer can't seem to find the note on my reservation that we requested for a late check out. I then decided to pay for the 4D3N stay including the half day rate for the late check out to avoid the hassle that we might encounter when we check out.
-Housekeeping: It was a standard trio room but there was only 1 slipper, 1 toothbrush, 1 small toothpaste, and 2 glasses in the bathroom. Do they expect us to take turns in using the slippers and toothbrush? Good thing we always bring toiletries whenever we travel.

I used to like Hotel Veniz but I'm not so sure if I will stay there again next time I visit Baguio...
I hope the hotel management would do something about these concerns.

Room Tip: always ask for rooms with direct access to the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to Baguio with my mom last May 17-18, 2013. I went there to tour my mom around in the Summer Capital City of the Philippines. We were there for 2D/1N. After several search from the internet, I booked this hotel and looking at the reviews, I wish for an accommodation which is at the heart of the city and have a reasonable price to my pocket.. hahaa..

Upon my arrival in Baguio City, I told the taxi driver that I'm staying at the Veniz Hotel. The taxi driver seems to be so familiar with it. I'm so confident that it would only mean that it's really that "well known".. LoL anyways...when we passed by the Burnham Park, I know it so well that we're very near to the hotel...and yes!! After several seconds, the taxi driver dropped us in front of the hotel's entrance.

It's too early to check in at the hotel when I arrived. Good thing, their staff allows us to leave our baggage with them while we're out, roaming around Baguio City to wait til they allow us to check in. They have a special locker provided at the Front Office for those guests who needs to leave their baggage with them.

The hotel is very near to the Burnham Park, Session Road (the city's main road wherein you can find many restaurants and shops), Jeepney's Stations bound to Mines View, The Mansion, La Trinidad (Strawberry Farm), and the famous Cafe by the Ruins. I even went to SM Baguio by walking through the Session Road.

The room I booked comes with buffet breakfast for 2. If I'm note mistaken, The Veniz Grill opens at 6:30 - 10:30 AM. They serve sumptuous breakfast there. They have garlic rice, plain rice, clear soup, omelette, dried fish, tocino, chicken, bread with options of fruit jams, salad, juices, milk, coffee, or tea. It was so great that it made me wanting to delay my lunch time coz I still full because of the buffet breakfast I had.

Aiming on maximizing our stay in Baguio, we requested to have a late check out around 1:00 PM and it was granted!! I believe the staffs were well trained. They were polite, too. We left our baggage with them again upon check out as we would still need to go around the City on the 2nd day.

Overall, I had a nice stay with them. I have recommended this hotels to my colleagues and I am sure to be back again this coming June to Veniz Hotel..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Veniz last Holy Week. We had a good stay at the hotel coz the hotel was in a good location. Very accessible and near the tourist spots in Baguio, the Burnham Park, Session Road, and transport to different places. Right at the door step at night is the "Ukay Ukay" where you can find great bargains as long as you have the patience to check the goods. No problem doing the bargain shopping coz the hotel is just a street away.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room and it was alright.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My friends and I went to baguio last April 27-29, 2013 and we decided to stay here in Hotel Veniz... The hotel is located in the center of Baguio. Burnham park is located almost beside the hotel. SM Baguio, Session Road, Baguio Cathedral, Baguio Market, Night Market and Jeepney terminal are just walk away.... Abanao Square is just across the hotel wherein you can dine and shop.... The room is spacious and clean (Room 519 standard trio). I love the 24 hour hot water. Staffs are very friendly and courteous... It's true that their WI-Fi connection in the lobby is great and inside your room it's quite slow but inside the CR it's quite fast (weird)... My only concern was they are not organized when it comes to online reservation. I paid our first night using my credit card. I need to call them from time to time to send me the authorization to deduct form and it took 2 weeks before they sent then i need to inform them that i already paid our first night. At first i was hesitant to stay here in Hotel Veniz because on the reviews I've read about it. But overall our experience in hotel veniz was great. Definitely i will stay here again once I'm in Baguio...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Love the place and the room. Very accessible to the market, burnham park, SM and others.

Pros:
- Clean rooms with Large bed
- clean bathroom with hair dryer
- has a 42 inches lcd tv

There is no early check-in during our stay. So we need to wait for a long time at their lobby. But i don't mind since they have a very comfy chair. However, they can improve a little bit when it comes to their reservation.

Overall, I will still recommend this place. We enjoyed our stay and it is all worth the pay.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!