“I used to like Hotel Veniz...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Veniz
One Abanao St., Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines   |
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Baguio
Manila, Philippines
“I used to like Hotel Veniz...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is actually my 3rd stay at Hotel Veniz. We occupied a standard trio room last week of May and stayed for 4D3N. Their service is a bit deteriorating especially housekeeping but before I go to the negatives, let me itemize the positives, the reasons why I keep coming back to this hotel.
+Central location: you can walk to Burnham park, public market, session road, lots of atm machines in the vicinity. It's right in the middle of where the action is.
+Buffet breakfast: the hotel rate includes breakfast. Not really a wide variety of choices but it's filling and delicious. We usually go down for breakfast at around 8AM and the food that we ate kept us going until late in the afternoon. We would then have our lunch/dinner outside at around 4PM.
+Check in/out: front desk service was still okay considering the volume of guests they had during the week that we were in the hotel. Wait time to check in/out is tolerable.
+Confirmation call: the hotel staff called me twice to confirm if we will arrive on schedule.

Here are the things that they need to address:
-Reservation: I initially sent an email to reserve a room. After a couple of days, I decided to call the hotel since I'm not getting an email reply to my inquiry/reservation. The girl I spoke with said that they received my email but perhaps overlooked it. Argh... She then reserved a room for us and gave a confirmation number. I specifically said that we will be checking out late at around 9PM and I am willing to pay their late check out fee. When we checked in, the front desk officer can't seem to find the note on my reservation that we requested for a late check out. I then decided to pay for the 4D3N stay including the half day rate for the late check out to avoid the hassle that we might encounter when we check out.
-Housekeeping: It was a standard trio room but there was only 1 slipper, 1 toothbrush, 1 small toothpaste, and 2 glasses in the bathroom. Do they expect us to take turns in using the slippers and toothbrush? Good thing we always bring toiletries whenever we travel.

I used to like Hotel Veniz but I'm not so sure if I will stay there again next time I visit Baguio...
I hope the hotel management would do something about these concerns.

Room Tip: always ask for rooms with direct access to the elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to Baguio with my mom last May 17-18, 2013. I went there to tour my mom around in the Summer Capital City of the Philippines. We were there for 2D/1N. After several search from the internet, I booked this hotel and looking at the reviews, I wish for an accommodation which is at the heart of the city and have a reasonable price to my pocket.. hahaa..

Upon my arrival in Baguio City, I told the taxi driver that I'm staying at the Veniz Hotel. The taxi driver seems to be so familiar with it. I'm so confident that it would only mean that it's really that "well known".. LoL anyways...when we passed by the Burnham Park, I know it so well that we're very near to the hotel...and yes!! After several seconds, the taxi driver dropped us in front of the hotel's entrance.

It's too early to check in at the hotel when I arrived. Good thing, their staff allows us to leave our baggage with them while we're out, roaming around Baguio City to wait til they allow us to check in. They have a special locker provided at the Front Office for those guests who needs to leave their baggage with them.

The hotel is very near to the Burnham Park, Session Road (the city's main road wherein you can find many restaurants and shops), Jeepney's Stations bound to Mines View, The Mansion, La Trinidad (Strawberry Farm), and the famous Cafe by the Ruins. I even went to SM Baguio by walking through the Session Road.

The room I booked comes with buffet breakfast for 2. If I'm note mistaken, The Veniz Grill opens at 6:30 - 10:30 AM. They serve sumptuous breakfast there. They have garlic rice, plain rice, clear soup, omelette, dried fish, tocino, chicken, bread with options of fruit jams, salad, juices, milk, coffee, or tea. It was so great that it made me wanting to delay my lunch time coz I still full because of the buffet breakfast I had.

Aiming on maximizing our stay in Baguio, we requested to have a late check out around 1:00 PM and it was granted!! I believe the staffs were well trained. They were polite, too. We left our baggage with them again upon check out as we would still need to go around the City on the 2nd day.

Overall, I had a nice stay with them. I have recommended this hotels to my colleagues and I am sure to be back again this coming June to Veniz Hotel..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Veniz last Holy Week. We had a good stay at the hotel coz the hotel was in a good location. Very accessible and near the tourist spots in Baguio, the Burnham Park, Session Road, and transport to different places. Right at the door step at night is the "Ukay Ukay" where you can find great bargains as long as you have the patience to check the goods. No problem doing the bargain shopping coz the hotel is just a street away.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room and it was alright.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My friends and I went to baguio last April 27-29, 2013 and we decided to stay here in Hotel Veniz... The hotel is located in the center of Baguio. Burnham park is located almost beside the hotel. SM Baguio, Session Road, Baguio Cathedral, Baguio Market, Night Market and Jeepney terminal are just walk away.... Abanao Square is just across the hotel wherein you can dine and shop.... The room is spacious and clean (Room 519 standard trio). I love the 24 hour hot water. Staffs are very friendly and courteous... It's true that their WI-Fi connection in the lobby is great and inside your room it's quite slow but inside the CR it's quite fast (weird)... My only concern was they are not organized when it comes to online reservation. I paid our first night using my credit card. I need to call them from time to time to send me the authorization to deduct form and it took 2 weeks before they sent then i need to inform them that i already paid our first night. At first i was hesitant to stay here in Hotel Veniz because on the reviews I've read about it. But overall our experience in hotel veniz was great. Definitely i will stay here again once I'm in Baguio...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Love the place and the room. Very accessible to the market, burnham park, SM and others.

Pros:
- Clean rooms with Large bed
- clean bathroom with hair dryer
- has a 42 inches lcd tv

There is no early check-in during our stay. So we need to wait for a long time at their lobby. But i don't mind since they have a very comfy chair. However, they can improve a little bit when it comes to their reservation.

Overall, I will still recommend this place. We enjoyed our stay and it is all worth the pay.

• Stayed April 2013
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Are you looking for a place to meet a business associate or a place to read and dine?

Yes, this is my favorite here in my city! I like the friendly staff and the ambiance of the place. There are a lot of good places in the city, my favorite is, it is the center of the city, near the market place, easy to find, and most especially silent place for a conversation even if in the middle of intersection roads which was supposed to be noisy with car horns. Convenient, right?

How about food? The hotel has restaurants that will cater to your taste -- Mongolian Grill at the Veniz Grill, Betty's Kitchen for our favorite filipino dishes, Cafe Veniz for Italian or American or Filipino Specialties and Street Foods for street foods and refreshments.

Parking? Parking may not be available for all but hotel guests have reserved parking. Dinners may also avail for parking and shows the dinning receipt after.

Hotel Experience? The cost is budget friendly and the place is clean.

The Hotel is like a mini mall for one-stop-shopping! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Checked-in again after checking in in 2009. Reserved 2 rooms, one triple and one family superior. I emailed them to request if they could have our rooms adjacent or near each other but no reply was made. I emailed them again asking if their staff are too busy to reply to emails and then their manager emailed back apologizing that they looked past my initial email. In return, she instructed the front desk to upgrade our other room to a superior family which was really nice. I really appreciated it.

Parking was at the basement, then stairs and then stairs towards the front desk.

Check-in was not fast since a lot are checking in/checking out, manager on duty wasn't even smiling and has this superiority complex-aura and has no friendliness in her blood. Anyway, rooms are so '70s- bed was so hard, shower faucet in room 312 was a big joke, one of the lights needs manual loosening to turn off. Really such a turn off. Their rooms need major upgrade, seriously. Breakfast buffet is ok. It should be until 10am if they say it's until 10am. 9:45 but their egg station is already closed and didn't want to serve anymore. Good thing another guest complained so they finally made our eggs. Checkout was smooth but their bar list inventory is inaccurate and they wanted to charge us for beverages we did not consume. This hotel's best feature is the location and friendliness of some staff. Other than that, everything is below average. :)

Room Tip: ask for a room with window. Some rooms are located in the center of the floor without windows. Not g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!