“Our experience in Hotel Veniz” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Veniz
One Abanao St., Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Baguio
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Our experience in Hotel Veniz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My friends and I went to baguio last April 27-29, 2013 and we decided to stay here in Hotel Veniz... The hotel is located in the center of Baguio. Burnham park is located almost beside the hotel. SM Baguio, Session Road, Baguio Cathedral, Baguio Market, Night Market and Jeepney terminal are just walk away.... Abanao Square is just across the hotel wherein you can dine and shop.... The room is spacious and clean (Room 519 standard trio). I love the 24 hour hot water. Staffs are very friendly and courteous... It's true that their WI-Fi connection in the lobby is great and inside your room it's quite slow but inside the CR it's quite fast (weird)... My only concern was they are not organized when it comes to online reservation. I paid our first night using my credit card. I need to call them from time to time to send me the authorization to deduct form and it took 2 weeks before they sent then i need to inform them that i already paid our first night. At first i was hesitant to stay here in Hotel Veniz because on the reviews I've read about it. But overall our experience in hotel veniz was great. Definitely i will stay here again once I'm in Baguio...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Love the place and the room. Very accessible to the market, burnham park, SM and others.

Pros:
- Clean rooms with Large bed
- clean bathroom with hair dryer
- has a 42 inches lcd tv

There is no early check-in during our stay. So we need to wait for a long time at their lobby. But i don't mind since they have a very comfy chair. However, they can improve a little bit when it comes to their reservation.

Overall, I will still recommend this place. We enjoyed our stay and it is all worth the pay.

• Stayed April 2013
Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Are you looking for a place to meet a business associate or a place to read and dine?

Yes, this is my favorite here in my city! I like the friendly staff and the ambiance of the place. There are a lot of good places in the city, my favorite is, it is the center of the city, near the market place, easy to find, and most especially silent place for a conversation even if in the middle of intersection roads which was supposed to be noisy with car horns. Convenient, right?

How about food? The hotel has restaurants that will cater to your taste -- Mongolian Grill at the Veniz Grill, Betty's Kitchen for our favorite filipino dishes, Cafe Veniz for Italian or American or Filipino Specialties and Street Foods for street foods and refreshments.

Parking? Parking may not be available for all but hotel guests have reserved parking. Dinners may also avail for parking and shows the dinning receipt after.

Hotel Experience? The cost is budget friendly and the place is clean.

The Hotel is like a mini mall for one-stop-shopping! :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Checked-in again after checking in in 2009. Reserved 2 rooms, one triple and one family superior. I emailed them to request if they could have our rooms adjacent or near each other but no reply was made. I emailed them again asking if their staff are too busy to reply to emails and then their manager emailed back apologizing that they looked past my initial email. In return, she instructed the front desk to upgrade our other room to a superior family which was really nice. I really appreciated it.

Parking was at the basement, then stairs and then stairs towards the front desk.

Check-in was not fast since a lot are checking in/checking out, manager on duty wasn't even smiling and has this superiority complex-aura and has no friendliness in her blood. Anyway, rooms are so '70s- bed was so hard, shower faucet in room 312 was a big joke, one of the lights needs manual loosening to turn off. Really such a turn off. Their rooms need major upgrade, seriously. Breakfast buffet is ok. It should be until 10am if they say it's until 10am. 9:45 but their egg station is already closed and didn't want to serve anymore. Good thing another guest complained so they finally made our eggs. Checkout was smooth but their bar list inventory is inaccurate and they wanted to charge us for beverages we did not consume. This hotel's best feature is the location and friendliness of some staff. Other than that, everything is below average. :)

Room Tip: ask for a room with window. Some rooms are located in the center of the floor without windows. Not g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am with my husband and my son when we stayed in hotel veniz. The room where we stayed is just ok, it is clean and spacious. The location of this hotel is amazing it is near the market, burnham park and other fast food store. Very convenient and cheap to ride a cab. I will surely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

spacious room with toiletries, television, small a/c. but for its regular standard rate (2K++) it is not ok due to:
- old tiles,
- old bed sheets and blankets
- CLOGGED TOILET

luckily we reserved our room based on their promo rate, their staffs are accommodating and breakfast buffet has many choices and food tastes ok.

Room Tip: request the receptionist not to put you in a room with clogged toilet!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel Veniz is perfect for budget travelers who needs to go places within the city because of its central location to almost everywhere. Rooms are quite claustrophobic! Ask for a room with windows or a balcony! Beddings are not so impressive. Breakfast buffet is so so. Consider this hotel if you're on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Get a windowed room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Veniz? Share your experiences!