“Filling” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lion City
“Filling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The tomato-based pasta & pizza are as Italian food should be = NOT SWEET. Only Pinoys love sweet tomato sauce :P Great overall review from a group of 5 aged 11 to 49 - special pizza and pasta fruti di mare. The pizza is filling though thin crust. The carbonara's bacon bits was quite generous but was expecting it to be a little creamier - maybe on the second visit will try to request it (if ordered) and will prod more on how foods are prepared. This was the first visit so we wanted to see what they had and didn't make much request.

The ribs sizes were OK but found the choice cut to be a little fatty. We like fat but not that much. Unfortunately no pictures to show you, sorry. Mixed review on taste: my nephew said OK, a couple of us said needed a bit more salt. Table salt & pepper were provided so no worries.

Next time, must try desserts - affogato & gelato only on the menu, currently.

Expected it to be pricey (thanks to TripAdvisor) so not at all disappointed with that.

The brick oven is cool but the ventilation could use improvement. 1 or 2 powerful suction exhaust (fan & pipe) would certainly help dissipate the smoke away from patrons. I can appreciate that the ceiling fan set-up right now is relieving the "oven-duty staff" from heat and smoke but it was also fanning the smoke to the patrons.

Its location on the ground floor is ok for senior citizens & PWD so that's a plus. Won't hesitate to bring our elderlies next time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pasay, Philippines
“Real italian pizza & pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Thanks to tripadvisor we were able to find a unique resto in baguio. The food was excellent from pizza to pasta even the ribs were cooked in the wood-fire brick oven! Tastes perfect! Sure thing they use fresh ingredients, no chemicals used to make the pizza dough crispier!! (which is used by some commercial pizza parlor).. :(

Aside from good food, we had fun in this place coz they allowed us to make our own pizza and cook it in their "pugon". Cool! First time to experience this. Thanks to the owner Chef Ed and his wife Nica. :).

So if you're looking for a real and i say "real" italian pizza and pasta, well Amare la Cucina is the place to be! :).

Melbourne, Australia
“A taste of Italy in Baguio City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Food is absolutely delicious! They have the best pizza in Baguio City, Philippines! The authentic wood-fire style gives their pizza a wonderful flavour. It doesn't leave a greasy taste in your mouth, toppings are fresh and very delicious! It is crispy on the outside, soft and a little chewy inside and a little bit of char you only get in a wood fire oven.. :) The service is also great and they're all very welcoming.. A must go to place in Baguio City.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our #1 favorite eating place in the World! The Best Pizza is Here yo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Better and bigger place, more parking and near the tourists spots, the food has improved, if its taste really good b4, now it tastes more verrry good! especially the Pizza. My kids loves Pizza but they are very choosy when it comes to the taste, since they have taste all the foods here they always wanted to comeback. of course, they will not coming without me and my neighborhood hehe....

Can i just say, AMARE LA CUCINA BAGUIOS ONE AND ONLY CRAVING PLACE FOR THE BEST PIZZA EVER!!!

Visited August 2013
Caloocan, Philippines
“Volante > Amare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I rarely write reviews for anything, but when I do, it's either I'm extremely pleased or terribly disappointed.

It's been our nth time in Baguio and we wanted to try something new. Upon reading blogs and reviews in Tripadvisor, saying how awesome this new place is, we gave it a try.

We ordered their White Pizza, Ala Gamberi (pasta), Mint Iced Tea for me and Calamansi Juice for babe.

It's true that their dough is freshly made, but it's too "chewy" and chewing it becomes tiresome after 2 slices, albeit being thin crust. As for the pizza itself, it lacks flavor that I still need to put pepper in each slice.

I think it was the pasta that really made my visit so disappointing. It was promised on the menu that there would be prawns but it was almost nonexistent. It's too salty, I think my kidneys are screaming "Help!" with every bite. It doesn't come with garlic bread or anything so we had to make do with the white pizza, but it also barely helped.

You know how sometimes a restaurant's ambiance makes up for the terrible food they serve? This doesn't. At all. The restaurant is inside a somewhat defunct shopping complex below Albergo Hotel. I never had the chance to go to their previous location, and this new one did not live up to the hype.

Calamansi juice is calamansi juice, nothing new there. But their Mint Iced Tea is a must try. I think it's the only one that compensated -- no, it didn't nearly compensate my disappointment with this overrated restaurant and their overpriced food.

One more thing. They don't accept credit cards. Whut.