“Comfty” 4 of 5 stars

Baguio, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #32 of 67 Baguio B&B and Inns
“Comfty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It was my second trip to baguio way back 2012, when we stayed in this hotel. Storm signal was out in the region and we were about to go back to Manila. Since it was too risky to travel, we had to find a hotel to stay for a couple of days. All of the hotels we visited were fully booked. Fortunately, this hotel had few more rooms vacant. We initially booked for a deluxe room, however, when we got to the room, lock wasn't functioning. Officer in charge that time (already forgot his name) upgraded us to a junior suite- for a deluxe room price. No extra charge. Room was spacious and very clean. Location wise, I think theirs is quite accessible. It's a newly built hotel, simple. I suggest, though they improve their cafeteria, not much food to choose from. Overall, comfty place to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pasay, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel Caterina is one of the newer Hotels for this part of Baguio City. It is ideally located behind the Justice Hall/Court of Appeals or an area near eateries/restaurants, road wherein jeeps to the Strawberry Farm passes thru and Burnham Park is a 5-10 min. walk away.

With this said, many have yet to discover this Hotel and even our first cab driver wasn't immediately familiar of it (we found it thanks to Google).

It was ideal for our first set of agenda on our visit to Baguio. Another good point during our overnight stay was we were given a 6th floor room, thus, very limited noise from the surrounding areas can be heard and we truly slept well. The elevator as well, was fast and modern but quite small.

The rooms itself was clean and comfty but space-wise was a bit too small esp. if you have 2 kids.

Except for the usual complimentary items, everything else has a charge--(extra pillows at P40 each/ Hot Water in thermos and cups at P50)

The Hotel Staff (front desk and bell boy) did not have uniforms and they strike me as more of the "katiwala" -kind rather than those professionally trained for such a purpose. Though room service was fast.

I really can't complain as I sort-of expected such esp. getting it at only P1.4K (breakfast not included). My main reason anyway for choosing it was the location.

Though in honesty I might think twice in booking this place during the peak season, but they would be on "my possible places to stay" list for such time.

In summary, Hotel Caterina wasn't bad but I'm neither jumping for joy.

Room Tip: Pref. higher floor rooms as you might catch the street noise if you are in the lower rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We recently went to Baguio to unwind ourselves from the stressful ambiance in our province. Instead of staying in our usual lodging, I tried to book at Hotel Caterina. A Deluxe Single room (good for 2) is worth Php1,800. The place is convenient to some establishments like: McDonalds, Cafe by the Ruins, BDO, Public Market. You can walk from Hotel Caterina to Burnham Park in only about 10-15 mins. This served as our exercise while searching for places to eat and drink. The room has no aircons (since the climate is already cold), it has cable tv, hot/cold shower, plus, the hotel staff are also friendly. The rooms have nice window locks to prevent or lessen the noise around the hotel vicinity.

The only thing that bothered me was their early check-in price that costs Php200 per hour. But we got to talk to the manager and fortunately, we were able to check in early free of charge. Breakfast was included in our room package, but we were not able to avail it because we woke up around 10:30am (because of partying) and they said that they serve breakfast only from 7:00am-9:00am. As per their front desk officer, they only serve breakfast. We bought our lunch and meryenda at a carinderia near the Hotel.

If I may come back in Baguio, I think this would be one of my options in case our usual lodging place is already fully booked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Caterina? Share your experiences!