“Good food, fair service.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 175 Restaurants in Baguio
Cuisines: Diner, Hamburgers, Pizza & Pasta, Hot Dogs
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
“Good food, fair service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was our first time to try the place and here's my review.

Food: we ordered ribs and wings, and it was delicious. Both were cooked well.

Ambience: place is relaxing, there are mags and gameboards for those who are waiting for their orders.

Service: we were accomodated well, staff was corteous.

The only down side was as the staff took our orders, they failed to serve our last order. The staff wasnt able to list the last order.

Route55, Owner at Route 55, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Hi Mervin O.,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We have taken note of your concern and we will look into this. We would also like to thank you for the commendations and for uploading your photo. It is guests like you that make us strive to better our service. We hope we can get back to you on your next visit.

Tarlac, Tarlac, Philippines
“Food not so great, 1hr to serve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

It took us one whole hour to have our main dishes served. The soups were served 15min after our orders were taken. Then after another 10min came the fried mozarella. Our other orders (ribs, chicken, roast beef, etc.) were served after 1hr from the time they took our orders.

Food were not that great as some of the reviews here claims. Chicken wings and ribs are a bit too salty. Never going back to this place again.

Visited October 2013
Route55, Owner at Route 55, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear akosiboybi,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and we would like to thank you for taking the time to review and raise your concern. We value what our guests and clients have to say as we use them to continue to better our service. Again, thank you and we hope we can make it up to you on your next Baguio vacation.
Manila, Philippines
“Best ribs in town- not really!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at route 55 because of its GREAT reviews (i knew something was fishy with just 3 reviews, we still tried it anyway).
Ambiance wise the place was true to its theme neon lights and all. I was excited when we drove up the parking since we saw alot of people dining outside. Its a nice drinking place (buckets of beer wise).

Because they claimed their specialty was ribs and wings, We just had to try it. My husband ordred the route 55 ribs & I ordered the mexican chili wings. Looking at the menu and the review the food was a little pricey given that its in Baguio. A rib platter was around Php250+ and my wing platter was also Php 250+ . Ofcourse, i thought the serving was big when i orderd, to my dissapointment it wasnt. My plate had 2 deconstructed chicken wings (deconstructed meaning they served it like they were serving 4 pcs, really) a salad (whee), a scoop of mashed potato and sauce on top of it. My husband had 2 rib pieces (approx 6 inch x1 inch ea) and the same sides as mine. Not exactly a Php 200+ plate worth infront of us.

Taste wise, the food needed more seasoning like for my chicken a little salt and pepper wouldnt hurt it nothing mexican inspired by it aside from the sprinkle of salsa on top. My husbands rib, although tender, needed more flavor, it reminded me greately of beef nilaga. The mashed potato was a dissapointment. Produce here is CHEAP and not to mention fresh, potatoes can be bought per sacks here at a cheap price, the mashed potato they used was purely instant:( Dont get me wrong, I would gladly pay P600 or more for a plate of good ribs. This place made me feel robbed:(

As i looked around i realized one thing. The place was more of a drinking place than a dinner place (or a rib place for that matter). I dont think i will return to that place MAYBE for beers with friends but not for the food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Route55, Owner at Route 55, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear sunkissedrow,

We are sad to hear about this as we would want all our guest and diners to have the best experience that they can when they dine with us We would like to send our apologies for this and for the delayed response to your review. To address such concern and to hear from our guests and clients, we will be placing a comments mechanism on site to get the feedback from our guest in a more efficient manner.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate this and we will use this in bettering our service. We hope we could make it up to you on your next visit.
“Yummy everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Indeed, they have the best ribs and wings in town. Reasonable price, friendly crew, and the serving is bigger than what restaurants in Manila offer. They don't have service charge, and they accept senior citizen discount cards. My hubby and I will go back to this restaurant the next time we are in Baguio. Route 55 is highly recommendable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Route55, Owner at Route 55, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear atechuch,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. It was our delight to have to serve you. Please keep us posted on your next trip and we hope to see you back soon.
California
“Great Food, Great Ambiance and Great place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First of all, love the food here! Their staff are really nice and friendly especially the owners! You should try their Hungarian sausages, ribs, salads and even desserts!

The place is huge so you can also have a private party.

They also have a live band at night so its a great place to chill out with friends with some beer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Route55, Owner at Route 55, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear MonicaGeller10,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here. We would also like to thank you for suggesting our place private parties and function as we do cater to them as well. We hope to see you back soon.