“Clean and Comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 hotels in Baguio
Makati, Philippines
“Clean and Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed in a double room and was happy to find that each person was provided with a double bed instead of the usual single. If you are used to small rooms or only need a small space to sleep, then you can actually fit 5 people in the room easily. :P

There's no wifi which is disappointing. But the restaurant, Te Quiero connected to the inn is very good if you're too lazy to go out. The location is very ideal since it's right beside the Victory Liner terminal and there are taxis that constantly pass by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, August 27, 2012

Warm Greetings!
We are very glad for your note referring to our clean and comportable bed room.You're one of our many valued guests appreciating our Tequiero Restaurant and the ideal location of Microtel.Thank You so much!,It gives us pride to continue improving our facilities.
Regarding the wifi,certainly Management will look into this concern.

Thank You again,looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at MICROTEL-BAGUIO.

Warmest Personal Regards.

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cowes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room is a little small, but the bed was comfortable and the room and on-suite clean. There was warm water for the shower. Important as we arrived cold and drenched. There is a water dispensor outside the room, so a trip with the provided jug provides cool drinking water.

The TV, although not flat screen is functionable and provides the usual sat programmes.

This is my second time in this hotel and since the first stay there is now a restaurant , which over looks the coach depot. Breakfast provides a better choice now, but at about 8:30 it turns in to a very busy location. The staff try their best to keep on top of the chaos.

It was raining heavily during my stay and there was an ingress of water through the ceiling (we were on the top floor). A towel in the right place stoped it spreading.

I love the tea/coffee facilities in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MicrotelBaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank You for appreciating the hotel services,its amenities,the new restaurant and our staff providing best efforts to serve you better..The hotel has initiated a corrective measure with regards to the top floor ceiling leaks.Hoping you will continue consider MICROTEL in your future visit.
Warmest Personal Regards.
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is my third time at this Microtel. The rooms have always been good and that is one of my reasons for returning. Also like the location, it is in walking distance to two of my favorite restaurants and the large Market, which is a must, for great produce and coffee. It has been about two years since I was there and their breakfast location and food is greatly improved. My only complaint is the high cost for wi-fi. Charging for wi-fi at hotels have always been a grip of mine and I no longer stay at any hotel that charges for wi-fi. Microtel sells 100 to 500 pesos wi-fi cards from a provider in Manila. They give you precise information how to log on and off, but they forgot to tell you one important thing that will cost you all the remaining pesos left on your card. I used my computer one evening and logged off as they instructed and a page pops up stating that I have logged off properly. The next morning I tried to log back in and it told me I no longer had any pesos left. I lost 460 pesos and the front' desks could not help me retrieve the lost amount. I found out later, even though the site shows you as logged off you are not. You must shut down your computer fully to be logged off. What a pain if you still need to do things on your computer after logging off the wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
microtelbaguio, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Baguio City. We are happy to know that you have been our regular patron and that you have observed some improvements like the breakfast location and food served.
We sincerely apologize about the wi-fi incident. Your concerns are duly noted. Your comments are invaluable to us in our effort to improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Microtel Baguio.
laoag city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Microtel is centrally located. That is the only thing good about it.. For its price of 4k++ one would expect more.. . These were what I experienced. . bed bugs fed on me for 3 nights, noise from the adjacent room was annoying. The shower curtain was smelly, shower head did not properly function, the AC was noisy and the faucet leaked. If I could only transfer to another hotel, I would have done so. But it was during the Holy Week. . . I am thankful to MIcrotel for giving me the chance to sacrifice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
microtelbaguio, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Please know that we routinely implement maintenance of our rooms including pest control, bed rotation, changing of items (shower curtains, linens, coasters, etc). We checked the room that you were billeted in and have done necessary maintenance and inspection. We hope that you will again consider Microtel when in Baguio.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to experience a better stay.
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent location if you are commuting via Victory liner bus. It is located behind the said bus terminal - a 5 minute walk. Service is good, room is clean. Good value for money considering the quality of room, location and free breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
microtelbaguio, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Baguio City. It is nice to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your appreciation of our clean rooms, breakfast. location and service is a reflection of our commitment to all our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel Baguio.
Camp Hi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We encountered a very friendly front desk staff who immediately saw to it that we viewed a room and then took our reservation. They also assisted in arranging tours on short notice. Breakfast was included with our stay and we found it very good. The restraurant was small but excellently staff with fine food. We ate there a few times besides breakfast. I ditto the locale as far as the SM Mall and the Victory Liner. Most importantly of all is that you felt very secure in the hotel because the staff kept a close eye of goings on. I enjoyed this venue and expect to stay here in 2013 on a return trip to Baguio.

Room Tip: I would suggest you ensure you are away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us last January 2012. It is nice to know that you appreciated the service of our staff and the quality of our food and beverage operations. We are happy to know that you had several meals in Te Quiero aside from the breakfast which is included in your room accommodations. We look forward to your planned return in 2013.
Binãn, Laguna, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Microtel is known for their world class standard and for me it definitely is! It is my first time to encounter the Microtel experience and it's just perfect. I called the hotel one week before our trip and the reservation was made, no reservation fee was required. We got the room for Php 2500/night for a single room good for 2 persons. On the day of our trip, we received a text message to confirm our time of arrival, I called the hotel and confirmed, at the same time I enquired about the discounted rate for Victory Liner passengers. The staff on the other line was very kind and informed us that we are eligible for the discount, we got the room for Php 2125/night instead of Php 2500/night.

When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel guard has greeted us warmly and directed us to the lobby where we checked in. Free flowing coffee and tea is available at the cozy lobby and you can watch a movie while waiting for the room to be prepared. The hotel staffs were very friendly and always have smiles on their faces.

The hotel room was very nice, with a huge window and a couch beside it. The bed is perfect with their famous chiropractic mattress. The bathroom is just average but with the cold baguio clime the hot and cold shower is just perfect! They had 3 types of towels, toilet paper, shampoo and soap. There's also an airconditioning which is not very common in Baguio hotels. Wifi is also available but expensive at Php100/ hour. You can also rent a laptop for Php 50/ hour. Overall the room was very good but It would be even nicer if they will have toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion and bathrobes, and slippers at no additional cost.

Breakfast was served from 6:30 am to 10:00 am. I was amazed with it since I have no knowledge that it's a buffet, I was hoping for a toast or simple tapsilog. There's a salad bar which have fresh greens, cucumber, fruits, grilled potatoes, and kidney bean salad, a pastry table, a cereal bar which is perfect for kids, and the main course which has baked macaroni, burger steak, crispy fish sticks, and mixed veggies. They also have an egg station where you can order freshly cooked eggs of your choice, mine is scrambled, I loved it. To make it short, it's one heck of a breakfast.

On the day of our departure, we called the hotel to ask for the bus schedule and they answered right away. Before we left the hotel, they gave us a free membership in Wyndham hotels which made me very excited to visit the other microtels.

Next stop Microtel Boracay (August) and Microtel Davao (January).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your very recent stay with us in Baguio City. It is nice to know that you stayed in a Microtel for the first time and that our team in Baguio was able to provide you with a very pleasant experience. We are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations and that you validated it my becoming a member of our Wyndham Rewards Membership Program. The Wyndham Hotel Group is the largest hospitality group in the world which you can benefit from. We are excited as well to learn that you already have a schedule in visiting us in Boracay and Davao. We also look forward to being of service to you again in Microtel Baguio.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baguio? Share your experiences!