“Breakfast Buffet soon?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Baguio

You added Chalet Baguio to your Saves list
Chalet Baguio
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Upper Military Cut Off Road, Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines   |
Ranked #13 of 72 Baguio B&B and Inns
CEBU
“Breakfast Buffet soon?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

When in Baguio you should consider staying here. This year alone I’ve stayed in Chalet twice-in March with a friend then last July with my officemates. The reason why I’m going to stay here again by the end of the year is because of its warm friendly service and their clean amenities. It’s centrally located near SM Mall (walking distance if you want to explore) Victory bus station (40pesos only) and even a taxi ride away from the famous Lion’s Head. This art-deco property feels so brand new. The bed was comfortable, hot shower is working just fine and the ambiance is lovely. The wall decorations are very inspiring and they have free flowing coffee all day all night. We’ve tried the standard room and the deluxe room with sofa bed and the latter is better if you need some mountain view to gaze in the morning. If you plan to party you’re in the right spot since Nevada is just right around the corner. My only recommendation is that I hope they could come up with a breakfast buffet soon and still offer the same price range. I will certainly recommend this property to all my friends who are going to Baguio city because it’s an ideal place to relax even on a budget.

Room Tip: You haven't really gone to baguio without a shot at the Lion's Head. Hail a taxi cab and adv...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

All here is perfect. From the service of the staff - excellent customer service, the rooms - feels like Plantation Bay rooms; what a boutique room should be, the food - by Dulcinea, free unlimited coffee, the price - good value for money, the location - near the action but maintains the tranquility and privacy. Amenities are with elevator, KTV rooms and restaurant.

My stay in Baguio just became so perfect.

Will I recommend this? Definitely!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baguio, Baguio, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

its my first time to dropby in this hotel...dey call it "chaley" or 'chalei' ...i love to hear that....anyway, just purchase the voucher in Ensogo for 2d/1n cost php 1500 but the original price is php4000...very glad coz the room is for premier suite...and love to see it....its a big big room for us wid my fadir and madir and my little bigie girl bunso....the breakfast is good ...very nice ...very accomodating personnel....greetful staff....always smile....love it....thumbs up in this hotel....keep the good work....
but i dont like is....they never change bed linens after the guest left....hehehehehe....
Thanks Chalei....love to come back in your hotel....sooner the better..cyah staff...

Room Tip: it depends upon how many you have to check in....check it out...its a nice hotel....Chalet...Chalei...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
urdaneta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were booked in a premier suite with my family, the room is very spacious, super clean and with a very nice and relaxing view of the mountains it has everything ref, coffee table, flat screen, day bed sofa and another sofa with leg rest which is the favorite of my husband while watching TV. What I like most is the toilet is separated from the shower room, at least two persons at the same time using the shower and the toilet. The breakfast is very simple (by dulcinea) my children liked the chorizo and my husband is very happy with the unlimited coffee. The only problem we had experienced, the wifi is weak its good that we had our broadband. The staff are very accommodating and friendly special mention to Andrew and Ana (thank you for the stapler). Over all experienced was great and I think I found new home at Baguio, the Chalet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I just wanted to give this hotel a two-thumbs up! Stayed here with my hubby for a long-weekend holiday getaway. I forgot the name of the taxi driver who brought us in, but I certainly thank him fot this. We were going to check in at Manor but they were fully-booked, but this was an awesome treat! Chalet Baguio has very nice, boutique-style rooms, with free breakfast from Dulcinea and over-flowing of coffee. I only have one wish - to fix their Wifi :( in the rooms... They have great connection in the lobby though... So Over-all experience was awesome :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Check in time at 2pm, but we got there 9-ish in the morning) we paid extra 30% of the room rate to check in earlier.

We got a Premier Suite. It has everything a boutique hotel has. Comfy bed, cable tv, hot shower, sofa, chairs and table, dresser, closet and small fridge. They also have kettle for boiling water, and hair dryer. WIFI access is weak (two bars max) and the access card is quite dilapidated and needs laminating anew. Toilet is a cramped with the door almost banging on the toilet bowl. Same goes with the shower (they got the toilet, separated from bath, by the way). Perhaps, if the doors were made to slide, it will never be a problem for bigger people.

The room is generally clean, with good view of the mountains and residential houses. Service crew are always smiling and accommodating, most especially Ana, who received us.

Breakfast is with Dulcinea, so one can expect it's a bit pricey. Breakfast are simple to elaborate, but one can always experiment and just take a cab going to Session Road to eat. Since it was raining all day during our stay, we love our corners in the cafe, while enjoying our hot chocolates.

Thank you, Chalet Baguio.

Room Tip: Premier Suite is so near to the reception area, so it's easy to get hot coffee (free) and take i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The first night we stayed in a deluxe double room because no standard rooms were available. We then transferred the second night. The only difference in the rooms was the size, the deluxe being slightly larger with a lounge chair taking the extra space - not worth the difference in money. The rooms are clean and modern-looking, very acceptable for a budget hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfasts were decent, but small. The only downside is that most of the rooms have no view, even to the point of the windows being frosted. The a/c units outside the rooms make a LOT of noise, especially as they come on. Also, the beds are rather firm and not great, but that is true everywhere in Philippines. Overall, I would recommend this hotel over any others I've stayed at in Baguio for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chalet Baguio? Share your experiences!