“Be there early” 2 of 5 stars

Manila
20 attraction reviews
“Be there early”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My experience going here is less than terrific. So my review is about my experience not the place itself. Good Shepherd is the place to go for the best in the universe Ube and strawberry jams (though I have to try also Le Chef's version, which looks teeming with whole berries as well). We went there at around 2.45 pm. The lines were unbelievably long, never thought people are that crazy over these "pasalubong" stuff. So I used my mom and made her fall in line, she's a senior citizen and they prioritize by giving them numbers. However, over the PA they announced that the next batch of ube jam will be at 4 pm. Needless to say, we don't have the patience and time to wait much longer. Fortunately, there's this convenience store at the foot of the convent that sells Good Shepherd products. It's higher by P 20 per jam, but its ok. We just needed our ube jam fix. So if you want to get hold of bottles and bottles of jams, come early and pref not on a weekend.

Visited February 2013

Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
“I only go there for the ube jam!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The store area was nice, and there is system when buying their sought after ube jams, but everytime I go buy there, the nun staff are on very short tempers! which made me realize, why would I buy pastries and peanut brittle when other brand is more and way delicious, their products are expensive due to charitable value, but then please, treat buyers with equal gratitude, that is how I personally look at it.
Reasons to go back: Ube jam, and strawberry iced tea.

Quezon City, Philippines
“The best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

They have the best ube jam. We also tried their organic soursop (guyabano) tea and gugo shampoo. I just hope they don't raise prices. Their products are of good quality and for a good cause however I hope the prices remain affordable.

virginia,USA
5 attraction reviews
“Ube jam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went there only to buy ube and strawberry jam, etc. Nothing I dislike, garden was ok. The main purpose of our visit is really to buy their stuff.overall,our visit is ok

Manila, Philippines
22 attraction reviews
“Must visit - buy strawberry jams”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is to buy real good strawberry jams, chocolate crinkles, choco flakes, peanut brittle and ube jam... all the sweet and healthy things in life!