“Everything was under improvement for Panagbenga, the lake was drained!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Burnham Park

Burnham Park
Kisad road | Corner Jose Abad Santos Drive, Baguio, Luzon 2600, Philippines
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 49 things to do in Baguio
More attraction details
Owner description: The 'mother of all parks' in Baguio city, the summer capital of the Philippines, is a 32.84-hectare park designed by, and named after, American architect and urban planner Daniel Hudson Burnham, who also designed the original plan for Baguio City as well as Dewey Boulevard (now Roxas Boulevard) in Manila. The park has 12 main areas, the most popular of which are the Burnham Lagoon, a man-made lake with rowboats for hire; a children's playground; a skating rink; the Rose Garden and the Picnic Grove.
Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
“Everything was under improvement for Panagbenga, the lake was drained!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was excited to take my companions for a boat ride, when I was aghast that the lake was drained! :( plants and the park was not in tip top shape, and seems like plants are getting replaced in preparation for the coming Panagbenga Festival. I think they placed a fountain at the middle of the lake, anyway I hope it was for the better!

• Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
365 attraction reviews
“IMAGINE THE WATER, PINE TREES, COOL WEATHER....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent one day in Baguio on January 8, 2013 to see the major changes that had occurred since my last visit in 1971. Boy, was I very disappointed!

There is no water in the lake which is under repairs. The smell of the muddy lake makes me feel like throwing up. It is not cool anymore, gone are the many pine trees I saw in 1971. I miss the orange/yellow flowers called, " Everlasting" that vendors sell as souvenirs to tourists.

Second Chance, Seating at the bench in Burnham Park - after touring the public market and other tourist attractions of Baguio, I went back to the Park in the afternoon and sat down at one of its benches. I used this personal game of mine called, "Imagine" .

I imagine that there is water in the lake; the weather is cool; there are lots of Pine Trees in the Park and their smells permeate the air; beautiful flowers are plentiful in the Park for one to admire, happy and excited children are either riding their bikes or those plastic swans in the lake. What beautiful sights these would be!

It is my hope that next time I visit the Burnham Park that some of my imagined scenes do exist. Otherwise, this will be my last visit to this Park.

Kirkland, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“what a mess”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The city should close the park or at least barricade the area being worked on. I guess the city is not concern about the liability should someone get hurt on the park given the mess the contractor created.

3 attraction reviews
“Crowded!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Burnham park what happened to thee? The great lake is still there-though they were cleaning it up when we were there. The park and the around the area needs regulations. Vehicles has to have parking area where it does not cause traffic. Bicycle area must be in order as kids are riding in all section and direction! What's with the adults doing the same thing instead of directing the kids! The old skating rink is now a bump car arena- the only place you pay and enjoy. It would be nice to have more sitting/picnic area inside Childrens' park and new equipment for kids to enjoy. Baguio City has grown so much you don't smell pine trees anymore. It was so crowded during our visit, we cannot even enjoy going around to see places.

Angeles City, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“My kids enjoyed the banca ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We appreciated the one-to-sawa ride (ride till you drop, ride until you get tired). After the ride, we tried taking souvenir photos wearing the native attire of Igorots! The experience was fun!

Visited December 2012