“A Great Place to Stay in Baguio” 4 of 5 stars

Mines View Park Hotel
1 Apostol St. Outlook Drive, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 62 Baguio B&B and Inns
Quezon City
“A Great Place to Stay in Baguio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We got a voucher from a group buying site for a Double Deluxe room for 4 for only P2249 a 50 % off from the regular rate of P4500.I can say that we got a very good deal since the room comes also with 4 sets of breakfast.It was actually more than what we paid for and for the worth of the room.Booking was also easy and organized.They assign a room number right away and indicated it at the confirmation voucher. I was glad to know that the room assigned to us was the one recommended by one of the previous reviewer here in Tripadvisor,room 202,because it has a nice view of the mountain from our room unlike the other side which is already covered with buildings and establishments.

Check in was fast and they allowed us for an early check in @ 12PM (check in is @ 2PM).The staff was courteous and pleasant. The room is clean and spacious since we are only 3 adults and a two year old kid.They have an elevator making it easy for us to go to our room.There are many options for breakfast and serving was just enough and the taste was ok.They have a cafe which offers bibingcrepe, it has a bibingka texture with a filling of chocolate cheese or cheese only.

The location was very good as well since it is walking distance to Mines View Park and Good Shepherd.It is one of the plus of this hotel since you can already buy in Mines View Park practically all the souvenirs you like to buy in Baguio.If you don't have your own car there was public transportation that passes by the hotel going to other tourist spots in Baguio like Wright Park & the Mansion etc..They have a parking but quite limited that when they have high guest occupancy,you need to park your car outside by the side road.Sleep quality was just ok because you can hear vehicles passing by early evening but they lessen as night passes.It is very quiet and peaceful late nights and early morning.

Their cheapest room is single standard which is good for two at a regular rate of P2500.Their most expensive is Attic room which is at a regular rate of P7000 for 10 persons.For family of 6 they have a family room at P5500.They have other type of rooms but I cannot remember all of them since they have many kinds of rooms for 2,4,6 & 10 with verandas which is actually good since it can cater to different number of guests.They are not so strict with number of children as long as they are sharing beds with their parents.They have wi fi but I wasn't able to use it since I prefer to use my own connection.They have hot water but it takes time before it reaches the right temperature of water that I want.They don't have an aircon which is not needed since it is very cold in Baguio especially this season.

For the price that we paid for four persons (P2249),it was highly recommendable since it is actually more than that.But for the regular rate (P4500),it is just ok if you want to spend for the accessibility on one of the top tourist spot in Baguio which is Mines View Park.

Room Tip: We had a room with the view at the second floor Room 202..I think it is one of the best location in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I got a voucher from cash cash pinoy for a family room at P2600+ and u can say i got and enjoyed what it was worth. Family room has 3 double beds, so it can fit 6 people comfortably. The 3 beds occupy the room, so there was no space to lounge around. Just enough for the luggages.
There is no a/c, you do not really need it in Baguio. Just open the window a bit and you got chilly air pronto!
Our room was at the 4th, they got an elevator, be it small, but its working.
Toilet was ok, got hot and cold shower.
Parking also available for those with private cars. Now, if you do not have private transport, the catch here is that taxis do not abound this area and a bit of waiting time us needed especially at night. But hotel staff will take care of hailing a taxi for its guests. If you are adventurous, you can try the public jeepney.
the hotel is fairly walking distance from Mines View Park and Good Shepherd Convent.
Staff are friendly. One unfortunate thing though, one of the servers accidentally spilled my hot cocoa on me! Very apologetic and offered to launder and press my stained shirt, which i accepted. In 30 minutes, got my shirt back, without the stain, dry and folded. Good job on laundry service! Ifnot for the unfortunate incident, I would rate this hotel higher.
Wi fi enabled, but intermittent.

Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went up to Baguio for a weekend trip last December 15-17 and stayed at the Mines View Park Hotel. We had initially reserved their attic room but due to the last-minute backing out of some supposed companions, changed our reservation to the Twin Deluxe Room. Lute, the lady who was in charge of reservation, was kind enough to allow us to change our reservation within one week of our trip.

The hotel is located a short walk away from Mines View Park, which makes it very convenient for those who want to hit Good Shepherd and Mines View for pasalubong while up in Baguio. It offers a view of Baguio that just looks breathtaking during sunrise, as we experienced after going to the first Simbang Gabi on our second day in Baguio.

The approach to the lobby of the hotel is quite steep, and the passageway is a bit narrow, as our vehicle escaped being scraped on the elevated patio of the hotel which also served as a rotunda. Upon disembarking from the vehicle, we were greeted by a group of young attendants whom we guess were probably OJT students from one of the colleges in Baguio that offered HRM courses. It seemed as if we had one attendant each, though only three really offered help and took our luggage to bring it inside. We were also greeted by welcoming drinks - a glass of pineapple juice.

The lobby is right in front of the doors, and is kind of small. I can imagine it might get really crowded during the peak season if a lot of guests decide to arrive at around the same time. We were attended to by an accommodating front desk, and met Lute, the lady who helped us transfer our reservation. In a matter of minutes, we were told that our room was ready and we just had to follow the attendants who had already taken our luggage to our room.

The room itself is good. As we were five persons in the Twin Deluxe Room, we had to get an extra bed. We were greeted by towel art on the bed, as the staff made them to look like some animal - some of us thought it was a dog, others thought it was some strange creature - that helped in setting the mood of the room as very playful and relaxed. We would later on see tha they also folded the towels in other rooms to look like swans or monkeys. There was ample space in the closet, a mini-ref, and a flat-screen cable TV which lost its signal every so often that you had to press the source button on the remote to get back to the channel you were watching. The balcony was also a nice touch, as it looked out onto the captivating scenery that I mentioned a while ago. The shower had hot and cold water, although the faucet seemed to be confused, as setting it to hot brought out freezing cold water, while flipping it to the other side brought out piping hot water. The shower itself was real nice. As for the toilet, it was amusing to see that the flush was not the usual stainless steel one, but rather one that looked like it could have been a door handle.

Our stay came with complimentary breakfast for both days, and they offered an assortment of choices divided into three main groups, Mines View Park Breakfast, Miners Breakfast (the Filipino-style breakfast) and Continental Breakfast. Having renewed my romance with bacon, I chose to have that for both days and was happily greeted by a helpful serving of the stuff. My companions tried the pork tapa, which according to one friend was better on the first day compared to the second. The breakfast comes with either tea or coffee, but I suggest you get coffee as it is refillable.That helped us heat up to warm ourselves in the lovely crisp and chilly air in Baguio. And by refillable, I mean that when they see that your cup is halfway down, they begin to offer more coffee. The same goes with the water. Needless to say we were sufficiently hydrated during our stay.

One surprisingly off thing about the place though was the sudden "waterfall" of soapy water that came down on the balcony area. We didn't get to ask what was happening, but it was just weird that that was happening above while guests were still in the rooms below. It's a good thing none of us were peering out the balcony when it happened. Another "eh?" thing was the wifi signal, which only reached until the bed closer to the door. They did offer a sort of lobby by the elevator of our floor where one might be able to use his laptop and be close to the wifi router.

The staff themselves were very much accommodating. They were attentive to our needs and really helped us with whatever request we had. It didn't matter how small our request was - asking for forks with which we could eat the noodles we packed - they would attend to it. Whenever they saw that you were leaving, they would look in your direction if ever you had something to ask.

All in all, the hotel is pretty good. Value for money is up there, especially if you get the attic room. But I'm also satisfied that we got a room on the lower floor, because it also meant that during the one morning that was kind of warm, we had one more floor above us to shield us from the heat.

Room Tip: - for large parties, get the attic, as it is the most cost-effective one - all rooms face towards t...
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had an overnight stay at this hotel last October 2012 and found the place clean and well-maintained. The room has 2 queen size beds which could sleep 4 people, and a veranda overlooking the lush greenery of Baguio, a very ideal place for nature-lovers. As its name suggests, it is very near, just walking-distance to Mines View Park. Its restaurant serves delicious food, with special mention of its lechon-kawali which was so crispy indeed! For people who love a quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of Session Road, this place is recommended. It is also a P50-taxi ride from the Mansion and Wright Park. There was just one problem I noticed with the bathroom which had a defective design for its drainage, causing accumulation of water on the flooring.

For first timers in Baguio City, they should first find a place to stay in Session Road to explore the sites there before going to this hotel since it is a bit far from Baguio City proper. Also, if one is fond of eating, he should buy his food stuff from Session Road so he could munch them while nature-tripping in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I got a deal from Cash Cash Pinoy (2d/1n for 6) last year. We were almost not able to use the voucher because we had to rebook the out stay for the third time. Our second booking coincide with the Habagat. Good thing they allowed us to rebook it again (or they just did not know it was the third time already.
I traveled with three of my other friends so we were only 4 instead of 6 staying in the room for 6. We decided to extend our trip for another night so we stayed in a transient house at Gibraltar the night before MInes View Park (we're on a tight budget). From the transient house we rode a jeep and drop us by Good Sheperd. From there we asked where is the hotel or Apostol St. Apparently nobody knew. So we called the hotel and asked for directions. It was around 1:30 and they had to emphasize that the check-in time was 2pm. We decided to just roam around the pasalubong stores near Mines View Park because it sounded like we are not welcome to arrive early.
The check-in went smoothly, no need for an ID. The frontdesk didn't actually said anything. No rapport established. We were lead by a bell boy who just helped one of my companion with her bag.
The room almost looks like what they advertise minus the small bolster. (My friends didn't like the arrangement of the towels though) There's only 3 bath towels (the room is good for 6), 1 small bottle of shampoo+conditioner, 1 small soap, 4 cup & saucer and 4 glass. We requested for a hair dryer no charge. But other additional things like comforter,soap etc have additional charge. The lamp near the CR hallway does not work as well as the reading/ lamp lights and mirror light in the CR. We had to keep one light open when we sleep so we will not stumble in the dark if we have to go to the comfort room. Our room, unfortunately, also did not have a view in the veranda, just the roof and water tank. I think there's also something wrong with the ventilation. It smells bad upon entering the room and we can also smell the food in the kitchen.
The CR was clean. Though we had a problem with the bidet. The water leaks for a while after using it. We had to call for housekeeping because its already flooding the floor. The housekeeper seem to us was OJT because he's not actually sure about what to do. We wanted to know if we can still use the bidet. There was a flatscreen TV with cable , however their channel guide is not yet updated. (NewsTV is still QTV)
With the staff, they know to greet the guest every time. Our breakfast was served on time. Nothing special with the food. We did not liked the pineapple.
Unfortunately, upon check-out we had to pay a hundred peso because they found a stain in the comforter. Of course I won't pay it without seeing it myself. We checked it and it was the strawberry wine that my friend brought as a pasalubong that leaked just before we went out the room, so it was still wet. The "check-out police" said "100 lang naman for dry cleaning". I just noticed they're really strict with the check-out, why not checked the room if all facilities are working spic & span before the guest checked in.
I guess with the promo P 2200 worth voucher it was good enough. The place looks good from the outside. The hallway was clean. Though overall not well maintained. It has a good potential if they could do some more improvements.
We were able to sleep well as the "comforter" kept us warm at night. After sleeping in a transient house, it's a big relief for us really. The location is also quiet, no sound of vehicles heard. But if I have the P5500 to spend a night, I would consider other place to stay.
We also did not experienced any complimentary drinks. Was it for regular paying customers only?

Room Tip: I think the room on the left side (ie 201, 202) would have better view. But I think room assignments...
Meycauayan City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our first stay here was April 2010. We find it ok to stay here that time complimentary drink and hot towel once we check in, they also make up our room for the night, free complimentary tea or chocolate after dinner. Everything is fine that time. Buffet breakfast. We decided to stay again if ever they will have voucher on sale online.

August 2012 I made early booking for December travel. I used 2 voucher equivalent to 2 standard room good for 2pax each only for 1 night stay. When we check in error comes in they booked us 1 room for 2 night but we are 4pax. They gave us ROOM number 3 good for 4pax.

Avoid room number 3 this room is near the lobby, near the kitchen every noise we hear from the room, staff cooking, walking, laughing, getting water etc. They stop working around 10pm and again we hear them again 5am preparing for breakfast.
CR don't have ventilation.

Breakfast is plated.

We already talked to the Manager about our complain, hopefully they make actions on that room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Upon arrival, the crew will give you a hot towel and free drinks. First thing I liked about the place is the beautiful scenery outside specially when you're in the terrace. Few meters away from Mines View Park and also to Good Shepherd. Very nice and approachable staff and you can really relax because their place is not crowded compared to when you stay in other hotels.

Room Tip: Family deluxe room on the 2nd and 3rd floor are perfect for families! :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mines View Park Hotel? Share your experiences!