“Very peaceful friendly two weeks :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burnham Hotel

Burnham Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Burnham Hotel
You added Burnham Hotel to your Saves list
20 Calderon St, Baguio, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Baguio
Tucson, Arizona
“Very peaceful friendly two weeks :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011 via mobile

Sure it may be old and if your accustomed to 200 dollar a night resorts then this may not be for you BUT-- I had a great two weeks! The staff was very friendly and the adjoining restaurant always served the food hot and delicious, I highly recommend the Philipino Breakfast with a side of Banana pancakes and a cup of coffee. I also want to say that I did not see a single roach and the restrooms were fine--no problems, I was on the top floor (which I prefer) and would open my window at night to let the cool Baguio air in. The location is perfect with Burnham park and SM mall EASILY within a short walking distance. I look forward to my next stay :)
Joe, Tucson Arizona

• Stayed March 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

We were shown two rooms (a "standard" room on the lower floor, and a "deluxe" room on the upper floor), both of which had ratty old carpet, old bathrooms, were VERY dark and dank, and in generally bad condition. We booked the "deluxe" room before realizing just how bad the hotel was (our decision was based on the Lonely Planet's VERY misleading recommendation for the hotel), but quickly found that our sink was clogged, the bed-sheets were ripped and stained, the carpet was ratty and bare, and the room as a whole felt dark, dank, and dirty. While the common areas of the hotel have some charm, I would NOT recommend staying here because of the extremely poor conditions of the rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I have been travelling for 5 months througout Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan and the Philippines, and the Burnham Baguio was the worst hotel, by a long shot. The rooms were grimy, dark and dingey. The carpets were threadbare and the whole place run down.

Thebathroom was so bad, I waited till moving to the Prime Hotel (up the road a bit) before showering the next day.

I booked for three nights, and left after one. If you are travelling to Baguio, do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This has to be the worst quality hotel and room we have stayed in our 4 months of travel around S.E Asia. We stayed based on the recommendaation in the Lonely Plantet however the room we stayed in was filthy. The walls and bathroom were covered with mould and there were also RATS in the walls all night long. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Not many taxi drivers know the place and might confuse it with Burnham Suites, so make sure you indicate the street address. It's very near Session Road (walking distance) yet far enough from the street noise so it's quiet at night. We arrived way earlier than the check-in time but the receptionist gladly ushered us in our room. It was a little eerie at first because the power was out when we walked in and the reception desk has candles lighted on it - it was like a bad horror movie lol. You can also tell that the place is old - with wooden chairs and floors. The power went out twice for our whole stay and they don't have a generator, however it only took about 30mins before it came back. We didn't really mind because it wasn't warm at all in Baguio and we didn't need the electric fan anyway.

We stayed in the Deluxe Room on the first floor which was clean and very spacious for a couple. The floors are carpeted, there's ample hot water in the bathroom, the bed was comfy (creaked a little but the sheets are soft and clean), cable TV and strong WIFI signal. They have a Korean-Japanese restaurant right next door but we didn't try it since there are more places to eat right down at Session Road.

The staff are very polite and friendly. When I had to make a phone call, they let us use the phone at the reception area, and when we wanted to eat the instant noodles that we brought, they provided the hot water and delivered the cooked noodles to our room. There's a security guard/doorman at night, too, so the place is pretty safe.

Again, if you're looking for a five-star kind of service, this hotel is not for you. But if you just want a cozy cheap place to stay at the heart of Baguio, I'd recommend Burnham Hotel. :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed here because Lonely Planet listed it as a best pick in Baguio. I was not disappointed. The location was perfect - one block from Burnham Park, one block from Session Road, and three blocks from the market place. The outside is nothing to write home about, but the interior, with its dark wood, historic Baguio photographs, and Ifugao artifacts, tells you that this hotel is proud of the local culture & history. My check-in was fast & easy. Front desk staff were very friendly. My room was right behind the front desk. I thought it might be loud, but I never heard any noises. The room itself was warm and cozy. Comfortable bed, soft sheets, and a warm blanket for the cool nights. The television worked, as did the free Wifi. My only suggestion is that they upgrade the bathrooms. Even with that, there was plenty of hot water and they were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We chose the Burnham Hotel because we were tired after our journey from Tarlac and it was the Lonely Planet top pick for Baguio in that price range. When we saw the room we weren't that impressed for the price (P1200) but we couldn't deny that the place had character. The rooms and the common areas are decked out in dark wood, antique furniture and abaca wall coverings. It is authentic. However, the linens also looked like antiques and I didn't get the impression that cleanliness was high on the agenda but, we were tired and wanted a nap so we took it.
We did have a look around at other places in the same price range and I can guarantee that this is the best option under P1200 in the city centre.
Would I stay there again? Probably not but then again, I don't think that Baguio deserves more than one visit so it won't be an issue.
If you can afford to spend more in Baguio for a room then my advice would be to do so.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Burnham Hotel? Share your experiences!