“Modern Hotel at Baguio” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Baguio
Manila
“Modern Hotel at Baguio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

The location of Baguio Bunham Suites is very strategic. It's along Kisad Road toward the end of the road to Burnham Park.

Unlike other hotels along Kisad Road, this hotel is very new. The rooms are spacious and clean. Flat LCD TV with cable. The flooring is made out of wooden panels. Bathroom is also modern.

Because the temperature at Baguio is cold during the time of my visit, the electric hot water pot came in handy. I filled myself with hot tea to keep me warm.

The room has aircon and the temperature is easy to adjust.

The bathroom is supposedly to have hot water. Well it does but I'm not sure if Baguio's water is just to freezing cold for the electric water heater or the water heater was broken. We called room service couple of times to have the shower heater checked but it's still cold. So imagine the cold temperature plus cold shower =(

Breakfast in the morning is good and yummy.

The cost of the rooms can be pricy compared to other hotels along Kisad Road.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hamilton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

This was my fourth visit to Baguio and the third in less than a year (My fiancee lives here).
This was my first stay at the Burnham Suites and I stayed in a junior suite. All of these suites are on the front side of the building (Kisad Rd?) and is probably more quiet than the backside on Legarda Rd. Also the front faces Burnham Park, which is by far the better view than the back. The one bedroom suites face Legarda. I stayed on the fourth floor which has a quick exit to the back, which is convenient for using Legarda.

Staff, was pleasant, room service was good. Breakfast was fully cooked and hot. It's true only two breakfast choices come with the room, but I'm not complaining.

Price is a little high perhaps. I've not stayed at Bloomfield, but I viewed rooms at Camp John Hay and I can tell you that it is not being maintained properly. Carpets are in bad shape, as are most of the mattresses and box springs. The floor in my room needed mopped, but the bed was very comfortable.

The area of the hotel I was in was very quiet. I heard no noise from anywhere

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Stayed at this hotel during the peak Christmas holidays and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We booked the 1-bedrooms suite and we found it very spacious. There were 2 bathrooms and 2 lcd tvs (1 in the living room and the other in the bedroom. There was a dvd player in the room but you have to request this (free), a mini ref and a sink, a dining table and a sofa set within the living area. The separate bedroom is also spacious. The free breakfast in the dining room near the lobby is good. Parking is available for free at the basement or at the back parking lot. We didn't encounter any problem with the staff who were all very helpful. Burnham Park is just across the hotel and there is a nearby church if you want to hear Mass.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Kailua, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Our decision to stay at Burnham Suites was based on much research - the hotel seemed to offer everything we wanted - wifi in the room, clean, new rooms, room service, breakfast included in the price - so we booked a room at the somewhat high price (high for the norm in Baguio).

On arriving at the hotel, we asked how to activate our wifi and were given cheerful directions (by a staff member who knew the internet service had not been working for a week!) We arrived in our room, had to ask several times for controls to the a/c, etc., the shower did not work properly, when asked maint. did not fix it.

The next morning we asked the front desk twice to try to get our internet working, fix the problems in the room while we went to the cafe for the included breakfast (which was fairly inedible - uncooked eggs, only 2 selections unless you wanted to pay extra - but - hey the toast and jam were good). Finally we were informed that the net was down and they would let us know when it was fixed later on.

We went out in Baguio, found a better Hotel (the Bloomfield), returned to checkout. The manager then gave us a song and dance about how everything would be fixed, well, I hope it will be fixed for other people's visits in the future. The hotel did not refund our full amount, we received only a partial refund, and only received that because we refused to leave without some resolution.

You can read our other reviews, we are generally positive travellers, we are flexible and friendly people, just out to see the world and have a good time.

I had never been to Baguio before, so I did not know what to expect. Being here now, I can tell you there are several nice places to stay that offer just the things I was looking for at good prices. Check out the Golden Pine Inn, Bloomfield Inn, the Pines View for great places to stay in mid range prices in the city.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Arrived earlier than expected, around 7am so we had to pay extra. Nice room, they have a flat TV, DVD, complete amenities. They serve breakfast but with extra charge. Overall it's a nice experience, no hassle, reco to business people, honeymooners, friends with moolah to spend.

• Liked — cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — a little bit pricey
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Baguio Burnham Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!