“Nice ambiance, good food but quite pricey...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 175 Restaurants in Baguio
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Makati City
“Nice ambiance, good food but quite pricey...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

You will enjoy the ambiance and view while eating on this retaurant. They food preaparation was good and you will not be disappointed with the taste as well. I find the price a bit high though in comparison with the other nice restaurants in Baguio. I highly recommend that you make a resrvation since this is always full. Please be noted as well that they are only open for lunch onwards. They allot their space for their tenants for breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Never missed this place when you visit baguio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Forest house is a place where we always dine everytime we go to baguio. We love the cozy and homey ambiance of the place, its nicely decorated which makes you feel good whenever your at the place. Their soup is always a good start of the meal, served so nicely in a bread bowl with a nice verse on top. The lamb is good as well, in right doneness. Its a well recommended date place.

Manila, Philippines
“Good, fresh food, refreshing ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went to Forest House for Lunch from a visit to Camp John Hay. The restaurant has a nice, cozy, log-cabin feel to it if you choose to dine indoors. We, however, chose to dine at the verandah to enjoy the noon breeze and the mountain view.

The food is reasonably priced and I liked that the food is prepared only as you order. It does take a little longer because of this, but they served some sort of flat bread to keep us busy while our appetizers were being prepared. For a complete meal with appetizers and drinks for three, our bill was Php1500 ($37). They used the freshest ingredients too, so it was worth it.

The serving for appetizers is big. We got chicken quesadillas and fresh greens with shrimp and fruit. Those were the highlights of our meal, apart from the cafe amaretto. Yum! I'd definitely go back to Forest House for these.

We also ordered steamed fish with ginger and their seafood pesto pasta. The steamed fish was just ok. The seafood pesto pasta was, for me, a little too earthy...considering I love earthy and always go for pesto and olive oil based pasta.

The restaurant is really clean, even the spacious restrooms.

Best of all, it's a mere 5-minute drive (I'd say less) from Session Road. Close enough for comfort, but far enough to get away from the hustle and pollution.

San Diego, California
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!!

This review is for Forest House Bed and Breakfast place.

I am a balikabayan visiting from California. Went to this place because a highschool girlfriend of mine suggested it for dinner. She's a local in Baguio. She said the food was great so when I checked the website and saw that they have bed and breakfast I thought to myself why not stay there since it's convenient, right? And that's what I tried to do at least.
Saw the rooms and fell in love with it. The views were absolutely amazing and spectacular. But here it started my nightmare hotel experience.
First, the employee that helped us with our luggages offered welcome drinks. We were waiting for him to come back and after 45 minutes of waiting we got tired and went upstairs to the dining area. When I asked him what happened to our drinks he looked at me with a puzzled look. Clearly this kid cannot remember about offering us welcome drinks. And clearly this place do not know the meaning of serving welcome drinks. You do not wait 45 minutes before u serve welcome drinks and certainly shouldn't wait until your customer complains about not receiving their welcome drinks. That's minus a million brownie points. Also they were advertising free wifi both in dining and the rooms itself. There was no trace of wifi connection.
Went to town to buy shoes and was gone for about an hour. When me and my family came back it got worse. The cable tv does not work, hot water does not work and most important of all no wifi connection. I then called the front desk to raise my concern and again made me wait half hour until I called them back again and this time I demanded for a manager. It seems like this people are trapped in a twilight zone. They were all clueless and all had this puzzled look as if they were zombies. This whole process of them checking took about another hour and that's when I finally decided to tell the manager at this point I no longer care about wifi, hot water in the shower nor cable tv. All I wanted was a full refund with a written letter of the manager stating they voided the transaction. The room was not cheap. It was 6,800 PHP. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! For travellers like me please do not be fooled with country mountain style bed and breakfast. They have the WORST service in the world. We were supposed to eat for dinner here but I just gave up on this place altogether. Places like this should get their stuff together. Sorry for my choice of word but they do not deserve more than a star.
To the owner of this joint, please do yourself a favor and FIRE all your employees. A great place like that deserves a great staff and deliver great service!!!!!

quezon city
“good food with great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

the staff were nice enough to explain the menu, good is serve a bit late that time since it was the peak season, every time i go to baguio i have to have dinner here, need make reservations, or to come early, parking is always a hassle

Visited January 2013