“Quite a drive.” 3 of 5 stars

Salt Lake City, Utah
13 attraction reviews
“Quite a drive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The ruins were pretty interesting. They housed the ruin of one the few women rulers. But it is quite a drive. If you have time do it. If not the pyramid of the sun and moon is a better option.

Visited March 2012

Atlanta
19 attraction reviews
“Really old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Mural fragments still fresh from about 2000 BC! Lady of Cao mummy recently discovered and onexhibit (about 2500 BC). Can hear the sea from the site

Visited May 2012
Trujillo, Peru
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

The place have a history and the thing found there have a lot atractive.

milpitasca
72 attraction reviews
“Impressive Site and Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I decided to take a taxi from Chiclayo to Trujillo. I found a very nice driver in Chiclayo who took me to the sights there for two days. He spoke no English, so I was forced to practice my Spanish. He was very interested in my life in America and asked me a thousand questions, which made time on the road pass quickly. He had never been inside the museums of Chiclayo and when I found this out, I paid for his admission. He was like a kid in a candy store - wide eyed and captivated reading every plaque and studying every item. I tell you this so you can put into perspective how little the local people can appreciate the sights that we travel around the world to see. For just a few extra dollars, I opened the doors to the museums he had only driven tourists to see inside of. On my last morning in Chiclayo, I asked him to drive me to the bus station where I planned to take a bus to Trujillo. He begged me to have him drive me there and said he would even do it for free!!! Of course, he knew by now that I would tip him very well! SO, off we set on our adventure. We first went to El Brujo. Driving through the tall sugar cane fields on a dirt road, made you think that you were Indiana Jones discovering a lost city. Finally, we came upon the entrance to the site. The new museum is very small, but filled with interesting objects, including the mummy of the Senora de Cao. Then it was off to the pyramid and its painted walls. It is quite a steep climb to the top and I was thankful to have a strong taxi driver half my age lend me a helping hand. The views from the top were glorious - the Pacific Ocean with its rolling waves in one direction, and vibrant, green sugar cane fields in the other. There is on-going archeological work . The murals and adobe walls at the top were worth the climb. Driving between Chiclayo and Trujillo was worth it since I did not have to back-track 1.5 hours from Tujillo, as I saw El Brujo on the way. What a great taxi ride - and all for free. (Ha-Ha and a $100 tip worth every penny!!!)

Visited December 2011
Lima, Peru
16 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The site is amazing, the museum very interesting and the body of the Senora de Cao is in an impressive condition!

Visited November 2011