HOTEL REVIEW # 195 Casa Andina Puno
MY TRAVEL STYLE: If possible, I try to stay away from business hotels and strongly prefer resorts that resemble the Four Seasons, Aman, and Oberoi but try to find similar properties at lower cost. I seek out the “wow” experiences.
LOCATION: Good, but not great. It is on the lake with impressive views during the day and evening but on a not so busy road. Coming from Hotel Titilaca, it was not nearly as impressive or remote.
BEST WAY TO GET THERE: One hour and 15 minutes from the airport. We paid 70 soles from the hotel to the airport which was probably a little expensive but it was during the holidays and prices may have been higher.
TYPE OF ROOM: Standard. Probably worth getting a lake view as the views are quite nice.
BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Mediocre. Mattress was not very good and linens were good but nothing special.
LIGHTING: Good lighting in room.
BATHROOM/SHOWER: Not very nice but OK.
CLEANLINESS: Clean but a bit old.
A/C: Used the heat on high but not hot enough to make the room warm.
STYLE OF ROOM: No style, basic room with zero charm or any reason to be in there other than sleep or bathroom related activities
COMMON AREA: Nothing particularly nice about the common areas other than the lake view and city view across the lake.
QUIET/MORNING LIGHT: We could hear cars go by our room although infrequent. Morning light could be blocked.
FOOD: I thought dinner (steak) was mediocre at best and my wife liked her sauce but the chicken was of mediocre quality.
TV/INTERNET: Didn’t use the TV but initially due to the small size of the TV, I thought it was a computer monitor. Internet is complementary and of less than average speed. Upload speed was very slow and not usable.
SERVICE: OK, but nothing special. Our service at dinner was bad as they forgot to provide our wine and we asked to sit next to the fireplace that burned out after about 15 minutes.
SUMMARY: Probably the second best place in Puno area but I highly recommend spending the extra dough for a truly memorable experience at Hotel Tikilaka (see my review)
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Private Collection Puno Hotel Puno
- Casa Andina Private Collection Puno Hotel
- Puno Casa Andina Private Collection
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Andina Private Collection Puno está enclavado a orillas del Lago Titicaca y goza de una ubicación espectacular, con vistas impresionantes del lago navegable más alto del mundo. Es un hotel de 45 habitaciones 100% no fumadoras y ofrece a sus huéspedes internet center, internet Wi-Fi de cortesía y sala de masajes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Splendia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casa Andina Private Collection Puno reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.