“Nice view, very cold” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Posadas del Inca Lake Titicaca Puno

You added Sonesta Posadas del Inca Lake Titicaca Puno to your Saves list
Sonesta Posadas del Inca Lake Titicaca Puno
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sesquicentenario 610 Sector Huaje | Lake Titicaca, Puno, Peru   |
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Puno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires
“Nice view, very cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

This hotel is below rate, in my experience. The view is very good if you get a room on the lake side of the building, but I was really disappointed about how cold the rooms were. The price we paid was also quite high, for which I was expecting to at least to enjoy a nice place to rest, but such is life!. I don´t know if the other hotels were much more expensive, but this one is really cold!. The rest is ok...I mean, average.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

Don't let the fact that this is not in town scare you. This is a very nice hotel, and town is a quick cheap cab ride away. We found not being in town an advantage (esp. since it's not a pretty town). The hotel is on an excellent waterfront property - with the large dining room right on Lake T.

• Stayed January 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

The main advantage is its location - right on the shores of Lake Titicaca. A bit remote from Puno itself, down narrow bumpy streets, but the view from a second-storey window overlooking the lake is amazing. And there is the wonderful old ship Yavari to explore. But this place has its shortcomings - one of my pet peeves is the lack of shelves in the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cambrige England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. On arrival the location was astounding and very convenient for the Euros islands but the hotel is like a 1960s holiday camp. The rooms were basic with old poor furnishings. There was no free water available and no atm or money changing facility. The town was some distance away along a badly made up road. The food wasn't too bad but the waiting staff did have an attitude problem, pointing out several times that although service was included they needed tipping as well! The internet connection was poor and this was the only hotel on our tour that charged for accees (after 15 mins but that soon passed with the poor connection - deliberate?). If you do stay here make sure to visit the old iron ship the YVARI tied up at the pier.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room and service
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

I stayed at this hotel while on a Touring Holiday of Peru.

I was so disappointed.

When we arrived at the hotel it looked amazing! The grounds overlook Lake Titicaca and There were Llamas grazing and Guinea Pigs running all over, I was so excited... However that was about it for the good Points.

The rooms were stark, cold and to be honest not very clean. It felt a little like a Butlins Camp in desperate need of a re-vamp.

I was not too put off as I rarely spend that much time in a hotel room as I love to go out and about.... HOWEVER..... other than the views of the Lake there is NOTHING in the area. It is too far to walk to Puno and so we were stuck there.

Because of this we ate in the Hotel and again it was NOT GOOD. We only fancied something casual so we ordered the homemade burger! A few people on our tour had ordered them at lunch and told us that they were made made from Fresh Local Beef so we were looking forward to them. When they came they were smothered in Mayo which we had asked not to have but more of a concern the burgers were RAW... now my father is a Chef and I love Very Rare Steak but this was still Moo-ing. We sent the burgers back and were relieved that the waiter spoke good English and so understood when we told him we wanted them WELL DONE with NO MAYO.

When they came back the Mayo had been scraped off the bun and the burger was the same piece of meat cut in half and re-cooked which I thought was a disgrace but even worse the meat was still far too undercooked. When we asked for new burgers the manager came to the table and made us feel like we were putting them out. but I stuck to my guns and asked for new ,FRESH burgers with no Mayo and a complimentary drink.

The Manager agreed to this and we waited about 30 minutes (on top of the hour we had already been there) but still the burgers came back undercooked and burnt and to me they looked like the minced beef had been squashed together and re-used. This was a step to far for me and i told the waiter to take them away and we would not be staying there. We finished out drinks and left the restaurant. When we left 3 waiter chased us out the restaurant as we had not settled out bill. I was amazed!!! I point blank refused to pay for the meal or any of our drinks and the manager came over and agreed to this, butthe fact that we were stopped and humiliated was the straw that broke the camel back!!!

And because the location was so far from everything else we had no choice but to go to bed hungry.

The next day we were up at 5 a.m. for a trip on the Lake to the Uros Island and I loved Lake Titicaca but I would never under any circumstances stay at this hotel again. Even without the disaster in the restaurant the location was too far from Puno for my liking.

And I will NOT recommend the hotel ever...!!

• Liked — The View of the Lake and the Lllamas
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING Else
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2008

The hotel is located on the shores of Lake Titicaca in a sparse and rather poor area of Puno. Restaurants in town can only be reached by a taxi ride. But the lake is easy access to tour. Wi fi internet for your laptop is only available in the lobby and poor at times but they do have business internet for you as well. The restaurant was above average with good service. A single-story facility, the rooms are average but comfortable enough.

• Liked — Location and views on shores of Lake Titicaca.
  • Disliked — Not walking distance to restaurants, shopping, banks, etc.
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Weymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

I was dismayed when I read previous reviews as the hotel was part of our tour of Peru.After our 2 night stay I must say I was pleasantly surprised how nice our room was.We had 2 huge beds with choice of fluffy pillows.Even though we didn't have a lake side view the room was quiet and the selection of tv and radio adequate.Breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of choices and the cosy fireplace a nice touch.The dinner service we observed was a bit erratic and the staff seemed to be getting some orders wrong.Otherwise the staff like elsewhere were attentive and polite.I noted that some people complained about the wild guinea pigs,they were hardly like rats they disappeared into the reeds when you get close and are quite sweet.As nature lovers the lake was a good place to see wildfowl and bird too.

• Liked — large comfy beds
  • Disliked — no lift
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sonesta Posadas del Inca Lake Titicaca Puno? Share your experiences!