“Comfortable stay at great prices” 3 of 5 stars

Lucky Your House
Avenida Titicaca 144, Puno 00 51, Peru   |
Ranked #7 of 45 Puno B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Comfortable stay at great prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Was totally stoned by the altitude sickness. Reception staff firstly advised me to drink the coco tea (free on the house) and then wrote the migraine pill name for me to buy at the pharmacy. Saved my night.

The room was spacious and clean, bed was just right but pillow was slightly too soft. Shower water pressure could be better but this is Latam we are talking about.

Anyway when I checked out the staff offered me some small discount cos I ran out of soles... They also sent me to the door when I left hotel.

The service is perfect even though there are some things for further improvement. But at this price ... Sub used 30, it's value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Argyle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I really liked this guest house. Thanks to all the previous reviewers, I had great luck with all the places we stayed, all due to you reviewers! A word of warning about getting a taxi to this place, tho. Do not call it "Lucky Your House", you'll be taken to "Lake House". Instead, you must pronounce it with the long "U" as in Spanish, Luuuuuky Your House!!!! Room was good, breakfast was good, and Valentino helped us out with everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Very well located - 3 blocks from the main pedestrian street. Rooms are big, comfy beds, with free wifi and the possibility to ask for a radiator when it gets cold (which is the case during the rainy season). Breakfast is really good, water is really hot and above all, the staff so nice! We paid 30 usd for a double room, breakfast included. We really appreciated our stay and recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

For all the good reviews I was a little dissapointed with this hostel, but I´m still giving it 4 of 5 stars because in Puno it isn´t always easy to find affordable hostels with hot water and good heat at night, and this place had both. My room was very loud - the TV downstairs played late at night and the walls were very thin so I could hear all kinds of noises from the other rooms (read: don´t forget earplugs!!). Also, no windows in my room. The breakfast was good, but we were only offered eggs for one of the four mornings we were there. The staff was VERY nice and helpful, they definetly made the stay more enjoyable. The location is about 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas and it´s not far at all to the pier.

It´s a relatively more expensive hostal by Puno standards and so I expected a little bit more than I got.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this hotel very last minute just before we left for Puno. It was highly recommended in Trip Advisor and we didn't have enough time to do a big research. We couldn't have done a better decision.

The room was comfortable, inviting and clean. The bathroom had plenty of hot water and pressure. Specially pressure! If you don't control it you will end up with water even in the hand washer. On the other hand, it was the only hostel in Peru that offered me cereal in the morning beside bread and tea. It is also well located near Puno's central plaza.

But, most important of all, the family that owned the hotel went way beyond. They couldn't be more friendly and welcoming. Plus, they had a beautiful baby girl that could have not been more cute! We were a group of four and they even offered to save our belongings for 2 days and a night while we did an overnight tour in Lake Titicaca (By the way, don't ever skip that tour; it will probably be the best cultural experience you'll have in Peru).

Definitely one of the most welcoming and outstanding service I received during my 13 days in Peru!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Lucky Your House and found the staff to be extremely attentive, helpful and went the extra mile. The rooms are fine and have hot water and an electric heater which is perfect for the cold Puno nights. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the breakfast is great (Valentino makes great eggs!). Moreover: it is great value for money.

We would highly recommend this friendly hotel and its kind staff.

Room Tip: Habitacion matrimonial is away from the street and quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

After making our reservation on booking.com ($30 per night for a double room with private bathroom) we received an email from the hostel asking us when we were arriving in Puno so that they could arrange our free pick up. Great start! The staff at the hostel were some of the happiest people we had met in Peru, nothing was a hassle. They helped us organise a stay on Uros, let us leave our luggage in a secure room while we went off on our tour, recommended great restaurants and were just generally charming. There was always somebody to greet you at the front door which made us feel very secure. The room was clean, had hot water and came with its own room heater which was very useful. The main street is 5 mins away with plenty of restaurants and shops. Even after we had checked out the staff let us use the hostel wifi, lobby and electricity until our night bus to Tacna. I couldn't recommend this hostal enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lucky Your House? Share your experiences!