“Noisy area - Unprofessional handling” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Qalasaya
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jiron Grau 240, Puno 051, Peru   |
Ranked #58 of 64 Hotels in Puno
Bow, New Hampshire
“Noisy area - Unprofessional handling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed at the hotel at two different dates before and after visiting Lake Titicaca. The location was good, but I did not sleep both nights due to "all night" partying out in the streets, which I subsequently found out happens all the time. Could not use my earplugs as I needed to hear my alarm for an early rise. The second night I had a visitor friend in my room and within an hour there was a knock on the door. I opened the door, the security guard kept saying something in Spanish so I went to the reception to see what that was all about. I was told that "I had paid for single room rate" and asked "was that person staying here tonight"? I was dumbfounded and considered the question complete uncalled-for and rather unprofessional for a high priced hotel. Needles to say my friend (who was staying at another hotel nearby) left shortly afterwards. The breakfast was OK and the WiFi connection was OK as well. I am an avid traveler and this was one of the worse hotel experiences. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
East Marion, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was part of our Active Adventure South America Tour. While this is a nice hotel near shopping and restaurants, trying to sleep can be difficult. We arrived mid week and the noise coming from the streets below consisted of loud music into the wee hours of the morning, like around 5 a.m. When the noise subsided, the vehicles outside started honking their horns. We had a room on the quiet side of the building the first night, but members of our group told us the following morning they never slept due to the noise. We went off on an adventure to neighboring islands and when we returned and checked in again, we had a room on the other side of the building and experienced the non sleep that others in our group experienced the first night.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were there on a Wednesday and a Friday - and the partying below was the sa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had one of the most amazing sunrise as open my window, the sun was just there with spectacular light, i would like to be there again. I was at the 7 floor and this was probably one of the most remarkable moments in my life.

Room Tip: If you have a room face to the lake will be awsome.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's a comfortable hotel, near of a restaurants zone and the main square, you can walk to many touristic places and even a little local market..
The breakfast was ok.. The service was good and the room has heat, for the really cold nights is perfect!

• Stayed August 2013
Maryland, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Gate 1 tour package. We did not like our room. It was small, dirty and dreary. Management could not move us because the hotel was full and offered to see what they could do for our second night. By then, I was able to get the maid to wipe the layer of dust off the paneling that was behind the nightstand,near the headboard and clumped on the floor. Besides the lack of cleaning, small things throughout the room were in disrepair.
With all that said, some of the other people in our tour loved their room. I would ask to see the room first prior to agreeing to sleep there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This notr was part of our tout package. The hotel seems nice for the most part. Supposed to be one of the best hots in area. My main issue is that we can hear everything that is going on outside our room.UsUsually not a problem a night, but there are a few bars where the people like go hang out for awhile upon exiting at 2/3 AM. :-(

• Stayed August 2013
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

For the rate is not bad! Rooms are ok - avoid rooms facing lima street, too noisy my case. Walking distance from good restaurants and the cathedral. They have a rest. on the 10th floor - many, many better options on Lima Street. Continental breakfast included, don't expect too much. Super helpful personnel. A plus!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Qalasaya? Share your experiences!