“OK but would not go back” 3 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Costa del Sol Ramada Chiclayo to your Saves list
Hotel Costa del Sol Ramada Chiclayo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Jose Balta 399, Chiclayo, Peru   |
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Chiclayo
“OK but would not go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My stay at the Hotel Costa del Sol was fine. My room was pretty standard -- comfortable, reasonably clean and OK for my one night in Chiclayo. I was on the fourth floor, facing the side street and could hear lots of street noise but it quieted down pretty early. The hallways are a bit dark (as was the room) and smell smokey. Breakfast was pretty good but a bit limited. There aren't all that many options in Chicalyo but I chose this hotel because they mentioned a spa on their website. You can order a massage with a phone call, but there is no spa. If I'm ever back in Chiclayo, I will try another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in January 2012. One of the friendliest staff I ever met in a hotel.
The room was extremely spacious, bed for one person was queen, very nice and clean linens. We were left chocolate candies every day. The bathroom was spacious too, plumbing worked ok (it´s not unusual to get a bad plumbing toilet in Peru). There was a modern and super quiet AC.
The breakfast was simple but edible. Every day, the choices were changed, which was great. The breakfast never became stereotypical. Eggs were offered everyday, but the second choice changed.
The location of the hotel is excelent. Literally in the busiest zone of the city, just 5min from the Plaza de Armas: the main square. The hotel is within walking distance of the best restaurants and attractions of the town. Its a safe zone too.
The hotel offers parking for those who arrive by car. I am not sure, but I saw a hotel-branded bus parked outside the hotel, so I assume they offer shuttle service to Chiclayo airport, maybe even guided tours. Ask the staff, they are super-friendly.
The price of the room was reasonable compared to other similar peruavian hotels.

Definitely and excelent choice in Chiclayo!!!

Room Tip: Better ask for rooms whose windows are not into the main street. Its a busy street, so noise can be...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We also stayed at the Costa del Sol in Cajamarca and this group appear to run a very pleasant chain of up-market hotels in Peru . In our opinion, Chiclayo (the city) is not a patch on Cajamarca and appears to be little more than a necessary staging post in North Peru. Our room looked down onto a depressing little "shanty town" but was spacious and spotlessly clean. Not knowing what the tour operator paid means we cannot comment on "value for money" but if you are in Chiclayo this is a totally acceptable hotel.......just try for more nights at Cajamarca..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was my favorite Costa del Sol in Peru. I arrived early in the morning and was able to check in immediately and also got a late checkout. Very good breakfast which starts very early which is great for people who have early morning flights. Staff very attentive. Good and free wifi in rooms. When I couldn't read the password for the wifi I took my laptop down to reception and when I came back a staff member was putting up a 40 inch tv in a room and when he saw me with my laptop he asked me if I was having problems with wifi. When I wanted to use my laptop in the lobby I was looking for an outlet and a staff member immediately came over and asked if he could help me. Two people were sitting in the chairs that had an outlet but he moved a floor lamp that was covering another outlet so that I could use it. Great location on the main street and only a few blocks from the main square. There are also few computers for people who don't have laptops.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The only good thing are the rooms:spacious and neat. Food is overpriced and the location is awful!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We checked into the Costa del Sol on July 31 and the staff was attentive and courteous. The following morning we had a mishap that required medical attention. The hotel manager assingned an English speaking worker, Vanessa, to accompany us to and stay with us at the hospital and serve as an interperter and advocate. The attention that we received was supurb. When we got back to the hotel, and for the rest of the time that we were there, the staff could not do enough to accommodate us.
If we are ever in Chiclayo again there is no doubt that we will stay at Costa del Sol. By the way, the restaurant is really good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My business trip made me stay in this little city and this hotel seemed to be the best choice. I was right: the staff was nice, the rooms were comfortable, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Costa del Sol Ramada Chiclayo? Share your experiences!