“great place, amazing experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Blanca Hotel & Resort

You added Playa Blanca Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Playa Blanca Hotel & Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 8437 Zone 7, Farallon 8437, Panama   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Farallon
Toronto, Canada
“great place, amazing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

it was my first time to be in central america. playa blanca was a graet resort with full facility. very friendly staff ang good quality food.the only problem was distance to airport which was around 2 and half hours :(

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked this all-inclusive trip last minute and ended up having an amazing holiday. Little longer flight from Toronto to all-inclusive destination than I am used to however it was worth it. Not as busy as the Mexican resorts and the weather was HOT! Food was great, service was excellent and the hotel was in great shape.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose Panama over Dominican because it was cheaper. We have been to Mexico and Cuba together. Panama fits right inbetween the 2. The hotel was clean and comfortable, staff friendly. We had a 2nd floor room looking over the "quiet pool" The air conditioning wasn't the best and we had it repaired, even though the repairman didn't speak english and had a seizure in our room...such is life. There is internet access in the lobby that is cheap, but you are on vacation! The scenery is beautiful and breathtaking. We did an excursion to Anton Valley-well worth your $. We also did atv tour which was fun and adventurous. 1 of the 4 of us had the atv break down but the view was amazing, an experience at a side of the road store while the tour guide tried to fix the atv. In leui of the atv incident we were offered a discounted price on jet skis :) The buffet restaurant had a variety of food all the time, the asian restaurant was good, the hotel puts on an outdoor bbq during the week as well. Nearing the end of our week the locals came in, it made the place busy however some of the locals were a bit inconsiderate and seemed to take over the resort. There are stray dogs that wander but the employees do a remarkable job keeping them away, they just want food. Yes, there is a 2hr bus ride to and from the airport which also stopped us from taking a few excursions. The tour guides are knowledgable, friendly and funny. The weather was overcast when we first arrived but still nice temperatures. Watch what time of year you travel, we learned that it rains for 8 months of the year. I would definitely go back. We got engaged during this vacation, one more thing that makes this trip memorable :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was there last June with my wife, for a week. Good food, clean good service. Maybe Front desk staff could be improved. Free Wifi would be nice as well. Beach was OK, not amazing, but OK. Pool was very good. Shows need improvement. Overall a very good experience.
Taking into the fact that my wife and I have worked on director level in the hotel & cruise industry for the last 10 years, makes us kind of picky. So well done, will come back.

Room Tip: Request it in advance !!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed 1 night with some friends at playa blanca Resort. The rooms were fine very clean with a pool view. I brought my laptop but I found out that this ALL INCLUSIVE resort doesnt have wifi included you need to pay $5 for 1 hr and $8hr for 1 day. So I ask if they could charge it to the room at the check out they say no I have to go downstairs and go to the lobby and pay for it. They just have 1 buffet restaurant. We make reservation at the Sushi restaurant and they took 1 hr so we could bring our food and the restaurant just had a family of 4 right next to us. There are two pool the one in front of our building was really nasty and the other one that was more clean near the buffet restaurant. There is not much to do at the resort because is really small. So my friends and I just spend our time playing at the ping pong. They have two ping pong tables and pool table. The price is not expensive but there are some other resorts in that range of price that could offer more ammenities at the same beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

If I could give this zero or negative stars I would. I had the misfortune to spend 5 nights (booked AND paid for 7 but couldn’t handle being there any longer) at Playa Blanca Resort. It was the worst vacation experience I have ever had so I would like to share my experiences with other travelers. They do not believe in refunds or cancellations so if you pay for it and you have an emergency they will keep your money even if you offer them proof of the emergency. Their pictures online of the resort are deceiving. The place is rundown and things are falling apart. I completely agree with I V’s review that the rooms have mold. They smell of mold and you will see it in the back of the curtains. Nobody seems to care about it when you do mention it to the staff. Their amenities are extremely limited. They have Wi Fi in the lobby (not rooms) but it is not free. They claim to have a Spa but it not within the resort’s grounds and of course also not free. They have a recreational area with two ping pong tables, two foos ball tables and one pool table. However, good luck in trying to use them. There are always tons of kids (under the age of twelve) playing on them even into the late hours of the night. They claim to have three restaurants aside from their buffet but this isn’t exactly true. Their sushi restaurant only offers four rolls that are included in this “all-inclusive” resort. All other rolls you have to pay for. The Mexican restaurant is nothing more than a sports bar which serves nachos. The quality of the food is horrible! I actually went out of the resort (had a rental car) and into the nearby towns to buy food because it was so bad. Their liquor is the some of the cheapest you can find such as Jose Cuervo Tequila, Caballito Gin, and Grant Whisky even though they claim to serve “premium” liquor. They only offer one type of beer, Balboa. The mixed drinks such as margaritas and pina coladas aren’t even freshly made for you. They are frozen drinks they keep in slushy-like machines. If you actually want some better quality alcohol you have to pay for it. Entertainment consists of nothing more than one tired nightly show and on some nights live music in their main outdoors bar/patio area. I should mention that if you want to hang out in their sports bar on the nights that they have the live music they close it at 9pm and tell you to go listen to the live music. And don’t be surprise if you find kids sitting in the bar stools at all hours. The pools which I would assume is one of the main amenities that people go for close at 6pm no exceptions. The ‘largest pool in central america’ that they have is nasty. It might be big but it’s falling apart and you will find trash in there. I couldn’t bring myself to get in it after seeing it up close. There are also no services. The bars are manned at least not during my stay there. You will also encounter cats and dogs roaming around in the property and in the beach areas. Even $50 a night is too much for this place! Don’t waste your money going there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the "Towne Center Suites", which are connected to the Playa Blanca Resort but have separate amenities. Please do not be fooled by the website because it is not accurate at all. Unfortunately, I stayed Thurs-Mon (I had reservations through Wednesday but I could not handle it anymore). BTW, forget getting your money back. These people don't believe in the concept of cancellation policies.
I am from Panama and I totally agree with RolyT305 with the fact that it is disappointing to bring friends to Panama for the first time and encounter such bad service.
My family joined me while I was there and stayed one night and it was enough for them. One of the rooms had a huge puddle of water in the middle of the room due to a leak from the AC. Although the maintenance crew did get it fixed the same day, you would think that when they cleaned the room they would have noticed something like that. Also, the back of the curtains were covered with mold and the room smelled. The sliding door didn't lock, which is a huge security risk, but the staff didn't do anything about it. The cleaning staff also didn't understand the meaning of "do not disturb" because they came in every single day even when they sign was on the door handle.
Regarding the facility, it was lacking and stuff was falling apart, walls cracked and areas dirty that needed some serious painting and TLC. The buffet was decent during the first few days, Thur-Sat (the busy days), after that the quality of the food was decreasing rapidly. There was a cat strolling through the restaurant and when the staff was notified they didn't seem to care.
The two restaurants they have are below average and the food is not worth the time to make the reservation. On Friday night a group of us wanted to relax in the Karaoke Bar and we were told to leave because they were closing and gave us two choices, either join the live music they had for us or go somewhere else.
The all-inclusive premium liquor is deceiving because they only have one brand of each type of liquor. They serve only cheap brands and only one beer brand (Balboa). If you want to drink a Corona you got to pay extra. I tried a margarita and a Pina Colada and those were made from mixture out of a machine and not made from scratch.
Swimming pools were closed at 6pm because of "maintenance". The only maintenance I saw was a guy wasting water to hose the chairs and the area around the pool, which was kind of dumb since it had been raining for a few days.
The souvenir shop at the resort is very expensive so stay away from it. A bottle of Bath & Body Works lotion will cost you $32 dollars.
The internet service that is advertised did not work for the whole time I was there and the Wi-Fi in the lobby is not free either, there is a hourly cost associated with it.
Overall, this place is not what is seems. Please do not waste your money on this resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Blanca Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!