“Well-WortBus Ride” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino

You added Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino to your Saves list
Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Avenida principal Farallon, Km.115, Farallon, Panama   |
Offers & Announcements
Scuba diving lesson
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Farallon
Peterborough, Canada
“Well-WortBus Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have enjoyed 4 trips to this resort and plan on returning in March 2015. You can eat the food, drink the water and enjoy the amazing beauty of this resort. The rooms are a little dated, but I see they are updating them right now. The pools, and there are many, are particularly clean. Any time we had an issue, staff here eventually took care of it. North Americans traveling here need to be reminded the no one can ever count too slowly in Panama. The resort caters to a predominant South American clientele, and their needs and expectations are a little different than ours. Travelers should know they speak Spanish here and you should bring a working knowledge of it, in order to be understood. For a more detailed review of our experiences here, check out this posting to the Farallon forum http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g298431-i2745-k7078236-Tips_On_Traveling_to_Royal_Decameron_Panama-Farallon_Cocle_Province.html. And if Adal B, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Decameron Beach Resort reads this, please PM me, as I would like to ask you a few questions.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Adal B, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear icsyhfh,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again in 2015. If you wish to ask any questions please feel free to by messaging us via the hotels social media pages. I will gladly answer all of your questions.

Greetings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Granby, Quebec, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

we stayed from dec.8th to the 15th
check in very slow must pay 15 dollars for a second key,rooms are clean we were beach front
buffets ok a la carte were very good
but a very noisy hotel loud music and very rowdy people drunk at 12:00 for the rest of the day
did not like it very much
beach is not that nice alot of under toe
we have traveled alot and will not be going back to panama !!!!

Dear Renaud H,

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Please take into consideration that your visit was during a very busy season therefore the crowd and ambience will be a bit loud. We hope that you don't stay with a bad impression of Panama because of this one experience.

Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The resort is well maintained and kept clean, that being said the bed spreads could use a cleaning.
The food is good but not fantastic. Service at the bars and reception areas was very good, but was subpar in the buffets and restaurants.
I took two of the outings;
The Panama Express Train, For the most part, a waste of a day. A long day on a bus with a couple of RUSHED stops of interest. By the time we got on the train it was getting too dark.
The Partial Canal Tour. This was a fantastic day on the canal with many photo ops. of the sights along the way.
CAUTION: We had the misfortune to get the same bus driver for both these trips. This man was a hazard and should have never been given a driver's licence. I did report him to the management wether they do anything, who knows? I've arrested drivers for less.
Wifi only available in the lobbys. A Two hour bus ride from the airport!
Would We go back to this resort? Yes we would.

Room Tip: Try for a beach front room, well worth the extra $. Other rooms required stairs on hill climbs.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Adal B, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Paul H,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to assure you every single report a guest makes concerning the hotel are taken seriously, so believe me when I tell you the complaint you made about a driver will not be ignored or negected. We do hope to have you visit us again!

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent 7 days at Royal Decameron. It is clean and the food is good. The site is beautiful and has many pools. You need shoes to go on and in the beach. I do not recommend going on the outings. Rent a car instead and go on your own. The tours are over priced and the drivers drive dangerously when there is traffic in Panama City. I've done many tours in many countries but I was terrified when the driver was driving crazy and cutting other cars or trucks with right hand lane. We complaind and got no response.

The massage was not great. It was not relaxing. The massage therapist massaged with fingers rather than full hand. The health questionnaire was probably not taken in consideration. It was not Worth more than $40. And I should know, I'm a certified massage therapist and teacher.

Such a shame that airport next to the hotel does not seem to service YUL. We had to do 2 hours bus ride from airport.

I would go back when the adjacent airport services YUL.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Diane F,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in December, 2014. However, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your massage or the excursion you went on (due to the driver's reckless driving) We hope you do visit us again in the future.

Greetings
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I are well travelled, we have been to Dominican several times, Cuba once and Mexico several times, all resorts have been between 3.5 stars to 4.5 stars and this resort has been overall the best resort we have visited.
Hotel room : comfortable beds, clean, large showers, awesome hair dryers, furniture could use some updating, air worked amazing in both rooms I was in ( first they put us in a room with two double beds, then we moved the following day to a king bed ), the walls are thin but we had neighbours on both sides of us and we couldn't here the one couple at all but the other couple were very noisy. The problem isn't within the building just some people aren't respectful to keep there voices down.
Food : very good, lots of choices, they even had bacon everyday, steak house was my favourite!
Lots of choices of fruit, kiwi, watermelon, grapes, strawberries. My husband and I agree it was the best food we have ever had at a resort!
Service :excellent at the a la carte, good at the other restaurants but some room for improvement but nothing that would stop me from going back.
Entertainment : very good, lots of activities always going on. We only watched one evening show but I never laughed so hard in a long time and all 300 people who were watching the show were laughing just as hard.
Bars : excellent service, hardly no wait time at all and the bartenders remembered what you were drinking. Drinks were very good!
For me the best part of going to Panama was that you can drink the water and every time I've been on vacation my stomach doesn't agree with the food or how it was prepared because of no potable water, with Panama I didn't have this problem, my stomach didn't bother me at all!!!
If your someone that likes to leave the resort, there isn't much around and you will have to walk at least 2 miles to get anywhere. The resort is large with lots of stairs but there are free taxis available, you call and they are there to pick you up within two mins! The staff are friendly and don't push for tips like other places I have been. If you go here for your vacation you won't be disappointed!!! Oh yeah and the music by the pools are really good a mixture of Spanish and English. The guests at this resort is 80% Colombian ppl, 15% French ppl and only 5% English, so my advise would be to learn some Spanish before you go or bring a group of ppl with you!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for ocean FRONT rooms otherwise you will be doing lots of uphill walking!
Dear Beverly19...

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed yous stay with us in December,2014. We're so pleased you think our hotel is much better than the other hotels you've visited in the Caribbean and Pacific. We hope you come back soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

!!!!!!!Bedbugs!!!!!!!!!!......and disdain !!

Let it be known up front that the hotel accommodations, professionalism, and food were great. The staff was helpful and friendly !!

However.......

As i just returned from a 14 day stay there (11/21/2014-12/06/2014) we did experience bedbugs in two separate rooms. I have pictures as proof of the ones I found in my bed and resulting handwork on my legs and torso. The party I was with also had the same problem in a separate room in Building 45, Upon discovery I informed the company of the problem yet alarmingly failed to receive an acknowledgement or a response to my letter. Taking into consideration the amount of guests in both volume and turnover and the upturn to the bedbug infestation problem worldwide- I informed the company that it would be a professional courtesy to acknowledge both my letter and that they would investigate (and hopefully mitigate). However it has been well over 4 days since I informed them and have yet to receive any type of response or acknowledgement. This is where my displeasure lies.
So travellers-please know....when traveling the recent outbreak of this problem is likely a very common one anywhere one might venture. The lack of acknowledgement and disdain by any management of any hotel/resort is not a commonality one should accept. It sends a very clear message-at least to me. of where there focus is or in this case-isn’t. Therefore-Beware !!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jay h,

We're terribly sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with our rooms and beds. Believe me when I tell you your letter and experience will be granted the importance it deserves. I don't know if your letter was received or not but I have already informed my superiors about this incident and we are currently looking into it in order to prevent something like this from ever repeating itself. Your complaint is very serious to us and we will do everything in our power to avoid other guests from having an experience like yours. Again, we are so very sorry you went through this during your stay with us and on top of that felt ignored by our staff. Please do accept this apology on behalf of the hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

yes, there is a long drive to get there....but the road is very smooth and they do stop once during the 2 hour trip from the airport....oh yeah, NO washroom on the bus.....don't drink too much yet...
check in was done nicely outside the front lobby (keep in mind there are 3 lobbies)
Got to our rooms, we had another couple travelling with us....in our room, one of the bathroom lights did not work, the shower head could have bored a hole through steel, and in the other room, the A/C was not working properly....31 Celsius and 100 % humidity, these amenities should work for us northerners....
there seemed to be a lot of rooms being renovated, the place is showing it's age.....maybe from the frequent rain and constant high humidity....LOTS of folks were having to change rooms for various reasons....
we found the locals had quite an "arrogance" compared to other Caribbean/Mexican destinations....
they seemed to look right through you rather than at you....
The food was average and repetitive, buffet or a-la-carte.....
we were very happy to leave this property behind for the Gamboa Rainforest Hotel

Room Tip: check to ensure everything works!! the doors for the adjoining rooms are very thin and there is onl...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Adal B, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear 801JanB80...,

We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We will bare in mind what you had to say about our hotel in order to make the necessary improvements to our infrastructure and customer service. We thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.

Greetings.

Been to Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino? Share your experiences!