Good points: * Clean, gorgeous, expansive grounds and pools. Huge!
*Check in and check out were surprisingly efficient.
*Nolitour reps were helpful, friendly, informative and patient
*Beds are comfortable.
*Rooms seem to be cleaned well.
*Food is not too bad, but beef is tough. Drinks are always yummy! Cups are big enough, but if you like big drinks, bring the bubbas.
*Beach is sandy and you can walk barefoot.
* Pretty peacocks, lizards, salamanders wandering around (even one little guy in our room one night ... to be expected on main floor)
Negatives: *It's a 2 hour bus ride, not 90 minutes, but new airport will remedy this soon.
* We were a group of 15, and requested reservations near each other when booking in Nov/Dec. NOPE. Two families with small kids wanted adjoining rooms. NOPE. One of them even got 2 separate rooms in different buildings. We asked to be away from the noisy lobby 1 area, near lobby 2 and got a room right beside Lobby 1. Two rooms in our group requested ground floor due to mobility issues (medical info submitted, agents put in requests and I sent an email to 2 places in English and Spanish requesting their assistance). NOPE. Instead we got 3rd floor, and 2nd floor. We tried to solve the 3rd floor issues the first night and were told by limited English speaking person (AT FRONT DESK!) to talk to our tour guide in the morning. NO effort to resolve the problem at all. All the tour guide did in the morning was call the front desk and it was solved.
* Lack of English even during the shows, left us feeling a little out of the loop. I recommend that you learn a little espanol as it will help you here.
*Lots of stairs ... everywhere. I knew there were stairs, but didn't think it was so many. Good exercise but definitely not enough golf carts running around to transport the amount of those using canes, walkers, or elderly.
* Water on beach is murky, can't see feet but sand is smooth, NOT rocky.
* Buildings seem old ... blocked shower heads ran hot or cold (no happy medium) ... mold in many corners .... sheets not big enough to fit king size bed ... a/c broken for 2 days ... thin walls you can hear TV and talking, not to mention the birds in the morning!
* My service rating was poor due to several factors. The front desk was unhelpful. The staff at restaurants/buffets didn't seem very amenable to serving drinks, only clearing tables off asap. A few bright stars warranted tips, but generally, it was easier to get your own drinks, especially coffee in the morning.
We took a personalized tour with Guido Berguido's tour company. Our tour guide was Luis Paz. We HIGHLY recommend them. Their price was more than reasonable. We felt safe in Luis' company. He even stopped some tourists from going into a bad area. SO NICE! It was a long day, but we saw Gamboa rainforest, the 3 Panamas (La Vieja, Casco Viejo, Nuevo), Panama Canal and even got a little souvenir shopping in, with a stop for a nice lunch along the way. They can be reached at email@example.com or Panama phone #(507) 6676-2466
It's a nice place. I would CONSIDER returning but only if there are major improvements in customer service and room renovations. That being said, you will have a good time here.
Doesn't matter as they don't seem to bother with your request. However, I would suggest at...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.