My husband and I enjoyed our week of sunshine and great weather. The beach was terrific and the grounds were lovely. We enjoyed seeing the peacock wandering the ground and many large iguanas. We did have a room at the beach - the only drawback was lots of stairs to go up to the lobby. The room was clean enough, the air conditioner worked ok for the most part and we did get our room cleaned properly. No face cloths in the room though, you may want to bring your own.
We didn't enjoy the long ride out from Panama City. We were tired and came in to the airport late afternoon and therefore it took almost 3 hours to get through the city traffic to get to the resort.
We spent the first few days relaxing on the beach and working on our tans. We had great weather and enjoyed the pools. August isn't really tourist season so the resort was very quiet for the most part. We did a few day trips as well. We used Panama Roadrunner to take us on a city tour and visited Casco Viejo which is the old city and then spent some time at the canal watching the ships go through the locks. We also used Roadrunner to take us in to Jungle Land tour which was a day in the Gamboa rainforest. Two amazing days for us. Way better than being stuck on a bus,.
The food in the a la cartes was ok, the buffets were average but there was enough variety that we always found something to eat. We are planning a return trip this coming February! Not such a bad place to stay for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama