I wasn't sure what to expect in panama, but this place versus staying in the city... I would have rather stayed in the city. This place is okay. I've definitely stayed at worse, but this really isn't the best value for the money.
Gorgeous grounds. This place is massive. We didn't know it would be so huge. There re several pools and several snack and buffet locations.
Good prices on good massages ($35/30 minutes, $60/60 minutes, $85/90 minutes).
Food at the restaurants is good if you can get a reservation.
The majority of the staff is rude. They seem annoyed if you have to ask for anything, even scheduling a massage appointment. While we were trying to book a bus to the airport (after being told the day before they run every hour) we were told there was only a 4am bus for a 10am flight. When we questioned why, she called us crazy in Spanish under her breath. The woman booking dinner also let someone cut in front of us after we had been waiting ten minutes to reserve a spot at one of the restaurants.
When we first got here they had us In a room with one bed when I had reserved a room with two. Luckily they fixed this no problem.
The rooms are bare minimum (no shampoo, no skin cream, no iron).
You have to pay to use the safe.
Wifi is not free. There are several options available, pay in increments for Libby computer use or day or 72 wifi access. I paid $42 for the 72 hours. It also requires you to constantly log in, which isn't the worst, but is annoying.
There's no temperature control in the room so it's either a/c or no a/c.
There are several pools, many close at 6pm.
The buffet food is really bad. I don't ever really have high expectations for buffets at an all inclusive but this was pretty bad. Recommend eating at the on site restaurants whenever possible, or down the beach at woodys.
The beach leaves a lot to be desired, which is not the fault of the hotel so much as geography. But the beach wasn't the cleanest and was littered with dead jellyfish.
They offer water activities which we didn't participate in because of the jellyfish. My friend did aqua gym and apparently they have you massage each other. Which is strange.
There were additional activities but nothing was published/ posted anywhere.
I'd recommend not staying in this area at all. I've heard the Caribbean coast is nice but it will require an interior flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama