My husband and I got married here in January 2013. Let me first start off by saying the wedding was beautiful and Julia Torres made everything perfect and easy. The wedding gets 5 stars.
As for the remainder of the week:
The food was good, but got really boring and repetitive halfway through. We only got to eat at 2 a-la-cartes because they were booked up everyday. The ones I went to were okay, but I heard the Kontiki was really nice.
We had a group of about 50 people, most aged 25-30. The resort is pretty much what you read. It's very big, which is why we chose it. We realized really fast that this was also a con in that it was really hard to find someone if you're looking for them. The resort is very clean and well-maintained, but there are so many rules that it's hard to fully enjoy yourself: no drinking in the pool, pool closes at 5pm, beach closes at 5:30, must wear clothes in the restaurant (which is on the pool deck), no plastic in the pool, no walking on the grass, etc. etc. This would be fine for people there to take it easy, but we wanted to party and the rules made it hard. The latest pool closes at 10pm and all the bars close at 2am (disco at 3:30am). I read somewhere that there was a bar open 24 hours but was disappointed that there wasn't.
I think how much you like this resort depends on what you are looking for. If you want a nice, calm, relaxing vacation, you will enjoy it. If you want to party, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama