We just got back early this morning after spending one week. So glad to be home. We did 5 days at the Resort and 2 days in Panama City (which we are so glad we did). The resort is definitely beautiful, however, the ocean water's were very murky. We really wanted to do some snorkeling but they had the RED flags out pretty much the whole time we were there because of the jellyfish :-(.
Our room was good....we stayed in the 4900 block. The A/C was perfectly set, the rooms we not overly clean, but ok. If you wanted anything extra just leave a tip on the bed. It is very quiet back there so if you didn't want all the noise this is the prefect place to stay. There is a lot of walking and stairs so be prepared, however, they do have vans that will come and pick you up and bring you where you need to go. We only used this service once....on check out day....which brought us to Lobby 1.
The weather was very hot....which was great!!! :-) Temp average +33
1. Food - was absolutely horrible. I do not understand the people that are saying the food was good....where did they eat, must have been somewhere off the resort. We found the food to be tasteless, bland, repetitious, not very fresh, the fruit was sad (not very good).....If you have no taste buds than the food would be fine for you. The A la Carte....well, we only ate at one (that was enough for us), we went to the Italian cuisine....we ordered the Lasagna....thinking this should be good....NOT....the first bite tasted like a salt shaker....absolutely gross.....so disappointing.....:-(
2. This resort seems to be more appealing to the more maturer crowd (if you know what I mean)....I am in my early forties and I felt very young.
3. THE FRENCH....do I need to say anymore. Well for those of you that do not know what I am talking about.....these people from "Montreal"...anywhere in "Quebec".....are very, very, very RUDE....and I mean RUDE......I am so embarrassed that they are considered Canadian's....because the other Canadian Province's do not behave like these people do.
4. DRINKS....were definitely watered down.......we had to purchase beverages from the stores in Lobby 1, 2 & 3......beers and vodka drinks...... this was the only time we felt a buzz. You may get the odd bartender that would actually make you a good drink.....but it was sad being at an all inclusive resort and you had to purchase your alcohol.....:-(
5. Nolitours rep's were very disorganized....they would tell you one thing....and another Rep would tell you something totally different..we felt very lost at times on what we were supposed to do....when we went to Cancun, the Nolitours Rep's were way better......we didn't feel lost at all....we always knew what to do......
6. Learn SPANISH....we found it hard to communicate here....just learn simple spanish words to get you by....
POSITIVE is when we went to Panama City....we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel....very beautiful hotel......and the food was absolutely amazing......it was 500% times better than at the resort. Everything was fresh....had taste.....variety (many, many, many choices).....I think I may have gained a couple pounds here.....(lost weight at the resort....not kidding....it was awful.) The desserts were delicious....many choices......at the resort....they actually put fruit loops on top of a so called cheese cake for decoration.....yuk......Drinks....well we definitely felt the alcohol....there was nothing water downed here.....not like at the resort.....Lots to do here.....definitely will not get bored....like others have mentioned in their review......Check out the Hard Rock Hotel's website.....you will see for yourself.....
If we were to go back to Panama.....would definitely do the City again....not the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and BookIt.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama