First the good parts: The staff was courteous and efficient and did what they could to help us out. Our room was over the disco (starts at 23:00 ends at 03:00) so we asked to be moved and it was arranged with no fuss. Thank-you. The food is OK at best, breakfast is the best meal by far, lunch OK, dinner needs work. The rooms are OK, clean and functional. The beach is nice and relatively clean. The pools clean and well maintained. Families feel welcome.
Now for the not so good parts: This place is huge with what that implies. And they have silly rules like everyone needs to be out of the ocean by 18:00 - a rule which is ignored by all, the pools start to close at 17:30 etc.. Lighten up, the ocean beach is not yours to control and the pools should be open till at least sundown. We, your customers, are not here to accommodate your shift changes. And finally; no wifi except at outrageous rates. OK - getting unplugged is not such a bad thing but still - at a resort like this simply unacceptable.
We stayed at the Decamaron in El Salvador last year and it was great fun - see my review. I can't say the same about this one.
Would we come back - probably not. It was a good base for the family on our first trip to Panama, which by the way is worth visiting, but having a lay of the land - would find an alternative - something a smaller and quieter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama is an all inclusive hotel located about 2 kilometers of white sandy beach in Farallon, Panama. The hotel is located on the Pacific coast, close to many tourist attractions. Also, the city of Panama and the Tocumen International Airport (PTY) are located 120 miles away. The Royal Decameron in Panama hotel offers 852 guestrooms in low-rise buildings and 370 rooms Villas. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, closet, safe (local charge), direct dial telephone (with deposit cash at the reception) and a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer. Also have a minibar as part of the all inclusive plan and the villas are located on the golf course. Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort & Villas Panama offers eight pools for adults three wading pools, three hot tubs, a casino, a golf course with 18 holes and a full spa. This beach hotel also offers a variety of organized activities on land and water for the whole family, and two convention centers for business travelers. The Royal Decameron Golf, Beach Resort has 11 bars, a nightclub and 10 restaurants ranging from traditional to the more exotic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf And Casino
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf Hotel Farallon
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort Panama
- Royal Decameron Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Panama
- Hotel Royal Decameron Beach
- Royal Decameron Costa Blanca Hotel
- Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Golf & Casino Panama/Farallon
- Royal Decameron Resort Panama